Jan 03, 2020, 06:14 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Got a MVVS 4.6/1120 what to put it in?

Have a new MVVS 4.6/1120 with 13x7 cam prop and was looking for a matching air frame. Will the Twister Acro work from Top Models CZ (Esprit Models in US)? Looking for something with relative performance... Open to suggestions
Last edited by Canada Goose; Jan 03, 2020 at 06:24 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 03, 2020, 07:27 PM
If your Oly build needs 200g in the nose, it could be a good 2S setup about 270W. Or on 3S but I'd suggest a smaller prop- about 10x6 would be over 300W

Nice and easy to fit in the nose with the wires at the back of the motor. I've been helping a guy out over here with an electric Olympic build and he's using the similar size and weight Turnigy Glider Drive that fits and balances well . His is the 840 rpm/V version, but the 1120 can work fine with right choice of battery and prop.
Jan 03, 2020, 08:00 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco
If your Oly build needs 200g in the nose, it could be a good 2S setup about 270W. Or on 3S but I'd suggest a smaller prop- about 10x6 would be over 300W

Nice and easy to fit in the nose with the wires at the back of the motor. I've been helping a guy out over here with an electric Olympic build and he's using the similar size and weight Turnigy Glider Drive that fits and balances well . His is the 840 rpm/V version, but the 1120 can work fine with right choice of battery and prop.
Ahh, interesting! I actually have a Turnigy Glider Drive I bought specifically for my Oly IISX. Id be interested in talking to you about that, Ill PM you. Cheers
Jan 04, 2020, 10:41 PM
I assume you've seen this chart which provides some suggested model types/weights and prop sizes https://www.lindinger.at/media/pdf/m...mension-EN.pdf

A few points:

Being an outrunner in a can, it isn't going to handle as much power or have the same efficiency as a pure outrunner of the same dimensions and weight

With the highish Kv, the motor is going to be most suitable for faster models where you want the rpm for speed.

As the motor is designed for front mount while nearly all ARF sport mofdels are designed for rear mount, you either need to a mounting frame like this https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...01p?I=GPMG1255, or make your own equivalent using long stanbdoffs and putting the motr behind a plate at the end of the standoffs, rather than in front.

With a fixed body, the motor is amenable to being strapped into the beam mounts of a model designed for glow.
Jan 04, 2020, 11:12 PM
Thread OP
I should have said from the start that I’m looking for a glider
Jan 05, 2020, 01:44 AM
Might be better off moving the thread to electric sailplanes for a wider set of suggestions - not really a high performance setup.

I did see that the Mystique 2.9m is back in stock, possibly only in RES. Your motor is not a bad alternative to the recommended Power 25.

It would work well in a Pulsar 3.6 or 4.0. The 4.0 needs a good 200g in the nose when it's cut for a 38 or 40mm spinner.

Quick Reply