Jan 19, 2020, 05:31 PM
Just got back from the maiden flight of my T-33, and it flew great! Had a gusty crosswind and was a bit concerned at first, but no trim was required at all after liftoff. Tracked nicely, had great power, and an excellent glide capability. Was surprised at the flight time as well, flew 4 minutes at first, and measured 65% left in the 6S 5800!
to remove ads between posts
Jan 19, 2020, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntingfield
Great flight ! Why is it that somebody has to fire up a gas engine when you are getting ready to land? The audio feedback is important to help judge throttle setting on edf jets !
I thought there was a noise limit on "gas" motors. Maybe someone should try talking to him.....WHILE HE IS TRYING TO LAND....
Jan 19, 2020, 06:03 PM
Electric Coolhunter
And another successful T-33 maiden in the DFW area today.

Faultless, except for a slight tendency to pop off the ground at takeoff. Partly the faintly nose down stance and probably a bit CG related, I think. First flight CG was about 1/4” behind the factory mark and still slightly nose heavy. Needed a few clicks of up trim.

Basic aerobatics (slow rolls, four point rolls, a loop and a split S) were effortless.

Battery was a 6S 5000 70c Roaring Top.

Love the sound of this inrunner fan setup. Very nice manners in the landing pattern at partial flaps.

A truely excellent flying EDF. Color me a happy customer!
Latest blog entry: RC events for 2019!
Jan 19, 2020, 06:39 PM

T-33 ARF Plus

So I know this is such a new plane that no one might have done this yet, but I've got an"upgrade" version of FW's motor in their F-86 that was a super flyer but I've retired it. This is their 6S 3658-1820kv inrunner with their 12 blade fan.

Wondering if anyone has or is going to try that combo in this plane and see how it performs? I would think it would fly it fine. I'm normally using their Admiral 6S 5000 batteries so no problem there.
Jan 19, 2020, 06:40 PM
They call me Lipo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntingfield
Great flight ! Why is it that somebody has to fire up a gas engine when you are getting ready to land? The audio feedback is important to help judge throttle setting on edf jets !
Indeed! You know, I don't fly EDF jets very often, but I was thinking that exact same thing! The audio is very important for the pilot to judge the approach on an EDF jet, and it was very hard to hear the T-33...I think the pilot did a fantastic job !
Jan 19, 2020, 06:41 PM
They call me Lipo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by agedflier
I thought there was a noise limit on "gas" motors. Maybe someone should try talking to him.....WHILE HE IS TRYING TO LAND....
I was thinking the same thing my friend...
Jan 19, 2020, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B
And another successful T-33 maiden in the DFW area today.

Faultless, except for a slight tendency to pop off the ground at takeoff. Partly the faintly nose down stance and probably a bit CG related, I think. First flight CG was about 1/4 behind the factory mark and still slightly nose heavy. Needed a few clicks of up trim.

Basic aerobatics (slow rolls, four point rolls, a loop and a split S) were effortless.

Battery was a 6S 5000 70c Roaring Top.

Love the sound of this inrunner fan setup. Very nice manners in the landing pattern at partial flaps.

A truely excellent flying EDF. Color me a happy customer!
Interesting. Built a P80 that flies well and was surprised at how far back the CG wanted to be for best flight, and still stable unless really slowed.
Jan 19, 2020, 07:07 PM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
Got to get first flights in my T-33 today. No surprises , rock solid in the air, and this thing floats forever. This may just be a great first EDF for anyone looking to get into electric jets.

Mike
Jan 19, 2020, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Bergsmith
Put the first five flights on the T-33 yesterday. What a great flying airplane right out of the box. Only thing I really messed with was pushing the battery back a little after each flight. Looks and sounds really good in the air.

Also, my first time using my new Hobby Star 6s 5200 batteries. So far so good.
Great batteries, use them in the FL Corsair. Love the fact that they will put any connector on the battery you want.

Ken
Jan 19, 2020, 10:37 PM
Yup. Watching the video, and a noise maker fires up... come on not in the middle of the video!
Jan 19, 2020, 11:54 PM

a nice red knight T33 photo
Jan 20, 2020, 12:36 AM
Huh I didn't know there was a Canadian red knight. The one I saw was the unlimited pace plane at Reno in the early 90's. It sure is pretty!
Jan 20, 2020, 04:32 AM
Thanks Wilber and Orville !.
Red is a good thing !
Jan 20, 2020, 06:09 AM
Fly it like you're in it
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink125
Huh I didn't know there was a Canadian red knight. The one I saw was the unlimited pace plane at Reno in the early 90's. It sure is pretty!
http://www.jetaircraftmuseum.ca/collection.html
Great organization, 10 minutes from my house
Always available for photos and you can also book flights.
Jan 20, 2020, 06:53 AM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Wow, those mods motivate me to put this on my buy list ! Great job !

Quick Reply