New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 21, 2005, 11:06 AM
Find More Posts by JustFly
I JUST want to FLY!
Rave

Building the tiger moth 400. Got a ?

Well I'm building a tiger moth 400 slope glider, and I got a problem. My tail looks ugly. I used the hinge tape to hinge the tail elevator and rudder, but I had to cut away a lot foam so that is bends both directions. What should I do. I don't want to make it ugly. I'm making it very neatly, but the foam is horrible and it chips when I cut it so my tail is really ugly and it got a little shorter. If you need pics I'll post them.

Thanks. Please suggest what I can do to make it look pretty.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 21, 2005, 02:58 PM
Find More Posts by BrianRickman
You could make a new tail from meat tray foam or balsa.
Old Mar 21, 2005, 05:35 PM
Find More Posts by JustFly
I JUST want to FLY!
I don't know. Will the hinge tape work?
Old Mar 21, 2005, 08:28 PM
Find More Posts by DoctorFive
On my TM 400, I used DuBro pinned hinges....looks and works great. Good range of motion for the control surfaces.

Jerry
Old Mar 21, 2005, 09:45 PM
Find More Posts by Jagzilla
I fly for Beer
The supplied hinge tape works fine, I've never had a problem with it. You should be cutting your foam with an exacto knife, or something similiar. You need to use a very sharp blade, and something like a metal ruler as a straight edge to cut along as a guide. Makes perfect cuts, and not jagged edge type cuts.
J