Jan 29, 2020, 05:49 PM
Wanted for breaking Ohm's Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbonut
Just an FYI don't try to run the control rods after covering......Doesn't work so well...
.....I was looking at that too. Think Iíll cover the sides then snake pushrods through, then finish the top and bottom.
Latest blog entry: RC Throw Gauge
to remove ads between posts
Jan 29, 2020, 05:55 PM
.Yes, you guys are absolutely correct! We usually cover bottom first, then sides - Then install pushrods, then cover top. Very easy that way.

Thank you for the reminder. We will make sure it is highlighted in the manual.

Sincerely,
Doug and Becky
WillyNillies.com
Jan 29, 2020, 06:13 PM
Pro Hoarder
Thread OP
Lol...you know some times I think I am pretty smart..then I do that..Doh..I had them installed and removed them before covering..
Latest blog entry: In flight
Feb 03, 2020, 12:16 PM
Pro Hoarder
Thread OP

3 Maidens

One more in the air! Had it all ready for Sunday ..I knew it was tail heavy but couldn't get the battery forward as I built it...She was a hand full at first trying to trim it out..Almost dorked it but pulled out at the last Sec. After that she flew great but with a grip of forward stick...I got 5.5 min with the little 12cc tank..Sorry no vid..We were too busy having fun flying 1/2a stuff. My buddy Robert had a OS 10 powered Herr Cessna 180 that was flying super ..He finished it in tissue..He is a master builder..And my new friend Rich had a old Global FW190 with a AP .09 it needed some trimming to get dialed. He had a DX6 that his aileron trim switch broke so we bound my back up DX7 and it got a last perfict flight on it. Three maiden flights and everyone had a great time.
Feb 04, 2020, 07:21 AM
fix-n-fly
Congratulations on the maiden! Really nice looking Falcon 250.
Feb 04, 2020, 12:36 PM
Pro Hoarder
Thread OP
Thanks..They are such fun to build and fly...
Feb 04, 2020, 01:57 PM
Great to hear Scott! Now get her balanced and have alot more fun!

It would be awesome if you could get some video sometime.

Sincerely,
Doug and Becky
WillyNillies.com
Feb 04, 2020, 02:25 PM
Pro Hoarder
Thread OP
I will get video next time .Playing with relocating the battery ..Fuel tank may need to be moved up or down but it looks like I have room for both up front..The inch and 7/8th CG was a bit twitchy...Lol
Feb 04, 2020, 04:08 PM
Sure was a good day maidening 3 planes that day. Bunch of laughs and some very close calls, definitely a fun day. Scott flew that Falcon 250 great and it lives to fly another day, as do the other 2 maidened planes. It was great seeing that Falcon 250 screaming along in the air. Cool little plane.
Feb 06, 2020, 12:06 PM
Here are a few photos showing the progress on my Falcon 250.
I had built this while I was traveling with a minimum amount of tools.
The design of these kits makes it easy to take one along on a trip.
I did add some 1/8 X 1/4 balsa in the fuel tank/battery compartment area as well as some 3/32 doublers forward of the firewall.
The top was sheeted with 1/16.
The bottom was partially sheeted as well. I did add a few small pieces of balsa to the top of the wing near the trailing edge of the center section.
I did this to allow me to do some shaping with a sanding block to make it look less boxy and a little more like my Sr. Falcon.
This will help with covering as well.
The structure as designed is just fine.
I will be flying this on a Cox .020 with just rudder and elevator.

Dave
Feb 06, 2020, 02:45 PM
Pro Hoarder
Thread OP
That looks nice..They do build fast and easy...And it fly great with just the little 020 pee wee. I know mine is not pulling full rpm and I was surprised to see how well it flew
Feb 06, 2020, 09:41 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Lookin' good, Dave!
Feb 07, 2020, 12:16 AM
Looks great Dave!!!

What color scheme are you going to do? Bringing it to June SMALL??? :-)

Sincerely,
Doug and Becky
WillyNillies.com
Feb 08, 2020, 09:35 PM
Quote:
What color scheme are you going to do? Bringing it to June SMALL?
I hadn't figured out what I want to do for a color scheme yet but I'm planning on bringing it to SMALL.

Dave
Mar 09, 2020, 11:31 AM
Pro Hoarder
Thread OP
3 more flights on Sunday..even managed to get one touch and go with the throttle ring working..Nose wheel steering is way to sensitive..ROG on 2 flights..lots of fun
There was a couple of giant scale guys there and they loved the little plane..I think the Falcon got more attention than the big planes did

Quick Reply