This thread is privately moderated by mudman1959, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 02, 2020, 10:44 AM
Live to fly... Fly to live
Thread OP
Discussion

My Comment to the FAA... What are your thoughts?

To Whom it concerns...

The new imposed regulations for as you call "Drones" with registration of each unit and Remote Id for each is unattainable for the average Hobby Flyer like me and will eventually Kill the Hobby Flyer and the Hobby. I have been a AMA Member for 20+ years and adhere to the rules of our charter. I also fulfilled the previous requirements that the FAA imposed on our hobby by registering with the FAA and adding my registration number to all of the current flying Toy Airplanes that I fly. TOYS... Not a real aircraft is what I fly! How is it that Ultra Lite aircraft have less requirements to operate than you are trying to implement on RC Hobby aircraft? To have a active Transponder system implemented on each Toy with each Toy registered and only allowed to fly in limited areas designated by the FAA will inhibit most Law abiding RC Hobbyist from enjoying the Hobby. How does the FAA intend to implement this ordinance and police the operators of Toys. The FAA has enough issues Policing the operations of Real Aircraft. Just like the debates going on over Firearms and trying to limit who owns them and the type that you can own... Taking the Gun away from a Law abiding citizen allows the Criminal to do what he wants to with no consequences. The Criminal will always find away to commit the crime Gun or not... So in lies the problem with regulating RC Hobby Toys... Some will try to adhere to the regulations imposed even if they are ridiculous just because they Love flying their Toy Aircraft but others will not. There will always be some out there that just do not care and will fly their Toys where ever and when ever they please with no regards to the ones that try to comply. So the answer is to take the Rights of everyone away... Right? Sounds like Communism to me... Thank You for Regulating our Hobby that I Love out of existence. To make it unattainable to the Average Hobby Flyer. This comment I have submitted will go on deaf ears and the FAA will do what they want with no regard to the Thousands of AMA Member Hobby Flyers and to the fact that we have been flying together with Real Aircraft for over 80 years with no reported incidences between the two.

Mudman1959
to remove ads between posts
Jan 02, 2020, 06:23 PM
I understand where you come from and applaud your taking the time to stand up for the hobby.

Before you send that to the FAA I'd recommend you try to take some of the emotions out of your comments and concentrate on fact. I recognize that this is an emotional issue -- I agree with everything you say - however your comments will not be considered if they are built on an emotional framework.
I recommend you check out this thread https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...Model-RID-NPRM!

I recommend you act locally and educate local hobbyists about the specifics of this proposal (soon to be law) and generate grass roots resistance. If you are a club pilot then concentrate on the issue of having the FRIA's set to be eliminated by attrition. The hobby needs flying sanctuaries -- what we call club fields now -- but what the FAA calls FRIA's. Use the FAA lingo -- To them a "drone" is all aircraft -- even a WWI biplane. I have a different understanding of the word drone -- but I'll need to use their language to communicate with them.

One fact you state is that there have been no reported incidences between full scale and model aircraft. This is not true. There have been virtually no incidences ....... Just a few years ago a full scale biplane collided with a monster 3D aircraft that was hovering over a full scale runway --- I think it was in Colorado. (its on youtube somewhere). This was the fault of the full scale pilot -- and nobody was hurt

Jan 05, 2020, 02:55 PM
Fly'em like you Stole'em
That rc airplane was flying an airshow and was approved to do his routine . So no there havent been any issues with RC aircraft . This is gross overreach and they seek to shut us down for good . This stupid drone delivery will be short lived and disappear and we will be left with no RC . I will NOT comply PERIOD . Businesses run in 30-40 year cycles meaning a lot go out of business in this time . Amazon is not only taking away our mom and pop stores they are taking away our hobby . So when they shut down we have no stores and no rc . No the FAA has a huge fight on their hands . This is SCOTUS material telling us we have no right to the skys . No one owns the airspace . This is no different from gun control

Quick Reply