Jan 17, 2020, 08:32 PM
Capt. Jack
Thread OP

Painting soon

Saw Steve at Fundamonium today. Big help with finding some intricate styrene materials I can fabricate with along with some new paint. My old testers seem to be gumming up a bit. No plans for old stuff on this build.

A little link to an RNLI tour:

A complete tour of Guernsey's RNLI Lifeboat (9 min 46 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Jan 17, 2020, 11:10 PM
Capt. Jack
Thread OP

RNLI Bench seat

Neat how paint makes an idea pop!
Jan 21, 2020, 01:55 PM
Capt. Jack
Thread OP

Bolt cutter and other detail

Finished up the bolt cutter today / looks kinda cool for this thing only being an inch tall.

Also added a little more detail work to the vent.

I gave myself a Month for this section but from my pace log, not sure I will be able to complete that deadline. I figured a month for each seating area would place me finishing this deck section by July and another month for the remaining cabin details like overhead lights, above head hand rails, wall mounted bits and the like but think now, It would be more prudent to anticipate a September 2020 deadline.

Maybe some things will move quicker (hope) but only time will tell and since there really is no rush, a better product by taking extra time is always the best outcome.
Last edited by Fodigo; Jan 21, 2020 at 02:03 PM.
Jan 23, 2020, 12:12 AM
Capt. Jack
Thread OP

Might be drilling soon

I think I might also drill out the center of these holes and open it up some
Jan 29, 2020, 03:54 PM
Capt. Jack
Thread OP
Building a new part. I can still use some of the dimensions from this scrapped part. Also picked up some 1.5mm styrene sheets to use - thicker material will be less likely to break down.

I will try the Testors putty next.

The putty is to form the bellows cushion for the seat

Quick Reply