Feb 05, 2020, 12:30 PM
B for Bruce
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeronca52
You recovered well from the CAT-tastrophy
Badda-boomp-SHING!

Nice to see pictures of the model all neatly done and to read that you didn't suffer any longer lasting harm. Those discs scare me too. I've got a few angle grinders in my machine shop. One with a flap sander has the guard removed. But the rest faithfully keep them in place and I prefer to try to stand off to the side away from the disc in the hope that the grinder and shield will deflect any shrapnel away from me.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 05, 2020, 01:54 PM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
Well, I think you have outdone yourself this time Scottie, that really is a strange looking device. Looking at that prop and undercart I take it that first tests will not be ROG! But good luck with them anyway!
Feb 05, 2020, 02:44 PM
B for Bruce
Definitely a candidate for the classic "foot high tall grass" for early testing.
Feb 05, 2020, 08:54 PM
I'd rather be flying.....
Nice Bird.... get healed.....

Best regards,

Jeff
Feb 09, 2020, 08:13 AM
Blueplaidcanard flyer
Thread OP
Going to be some time before I get the bird out side.However I did test glide it from one side of the living room to the sofa and the glide looks good.Bruce-this was one of the only times the guard was off the tool as there was no room to fit it into the space with it on.Most of the time I would use the sawsall for a cut like this but no clearance for that to fit either .
Feb 11, 2020, 08:26 AM
Blueplaidcanard flyer
Thread OP
Going to call this one done.Got to give the beast a short 75 wind flight in a local church gym and all looks good.All up weight is 27 grams motor, nose weight and air frame.It looked good in the air for the short 80 foot or there about's flight before my buddy had to snag it so it wouldn't hit the far wall.Can't wait to put 250 winds or so in it and see what happens.
Feb 12, 2020, 06:15 PM
B for Bruce
Quote:
…..It looked good in the air for the short 80 foot or there about's flight before my buddy had to snag it so it wouldn't hit the far wall.Can't wait to put 250 winds or so in it and see what happens.
And perhaps just a LEEEEEETLE bit more turn along those 250 turns? Pur'aps?

27 grams for that size of model WITH rubber is really fantastic. Lovely job apparently from both Easybuilt that chose the wood and you for doing proper justice to what they gave you.
Feb 13, 2020, 08:01 AM
Blueplaidcanard flyer
Thread OP
Going to start with 250 and add 50 at a time.I hear that these birds tend to want to fly away,so caution is called for.
Feb 15, 2020, 03:41 PM
I'd rather be flying.....
Light ! Very nice..... bet it will fly great, Scottie..

Best regards,

Jeff

Quick Reply