Feb 26, 2020, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3djc
I would not trust any date that has not been announced by Hobbyporter ....
Should I preorder now from this vendor? What's your take?
to remove ads between posts
Feb 26, 2020, 04:00 PM
You've already got a pretty clear answer from a developer working closely with the manufacturer.
Feb 26, 2020, 04:32 PM
Happy FPV flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroEnthusias
How come Radiomaster could not tell us the release date?
Why is this your first response instead of thinking that if the manufacturer says there is no release date at this point and that no reputable seller says the same it might be the seller trying to scam you?
Feb 26, 2020, 04:44 PM
I have no dog in this race.

But as advised earlier in this thread, I contacted a potential vendor.

A question that you might ask is, how come so many vendors have the radio listed on their site yet there are no officially approved sellers listed on the HP Website.
Feb 26, 2020, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah
Why is this your first response instead of thinking that if the manufacturer says there is no release date at this point and that no reputable seller says the same it might be the seller trying to scam you?
Yes I have a feeling that I may get scammed that's why I really want Hobby Porter to make an announcement and confirm if this vendor is legit or not.
Feb 26, 2020, 06:04 PM
Long time flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by landru
<snip>

A question that you might ask is, how come so many vendors have the radio listed on their site yet there are no officially approved sellers listed on the HP Website.
I reckon they are just riding on the popularity they expect from this radio to drive people to their website. The fact that RadioMaster still have no approved vendors listed says it all.

Whilst some of these guys may end up approved vendors, pretending to have access to preorder to get peoples money before they are approved to sell an as yet unreleased product will stop me from ever dealing with them.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
Feb 26, 2020, 06:23 PM
It''s a weird scenario: In this thread, any Website that lists RM is regarded with suspicion.

And yet, HP is taking wholesale pre-orders...
Feb 27, 2020, 01:29 AM
OpenTX core team
I do not think "any Website that lists RM" should regarded with suspicion, however, since Radiomaster has not announced a release date, "any Website that presells RM" should be regarded with suspicion, at least on the date they do mention.

It is not my role to communicate on that, so all I'll say it the radio is progressing toward readiness for market release. I have no information on this but I would not be surprised if HP was taking orders from wholesaler, since they probably need informations on volume they will need to produce to fullfill those wholesalers orders
Feb 27, 2020, 02:18 AM
I have enhancement idea.

Maybe it's stupid, but it would be nice to have some dedicated space where would be possible to keep connected bluetooth module. As I understand there will be possibility to connect one.
Feb 27, 2020, 05:21 AM
Thread OP
Hi all, RadioMaster is working with several dealers. When the timing is right all dealers will be added to the Buy page at the same time, that time is soon but not now.

Some dealers listed the radio ahead of time, so other dealers where left having to do the same, less than ideal but we put this down to miscommunication over malice and we are letting that be as long as no one is taking orders or money from anyone.

The Hobbyporter B2B store is accepting pre-orders from DEALERS and DISTRIBUTORS only. HobbyPorter is not a retail platform.

The current situation with the virus in China is disrupting many lives and industries. We believe we have been fairly fortunate and hope it will not effect things too much. Final stages of testing are back underway. Staff safety is of course our first priority.

Hope that is all clear. In the mean time here is another photo of a test prototype

Feb 27, 2020, 06:43 AM
I don't think it will be anytime soon until the corona virus is over. I think all the factories are shut down. And will there be any more people left to run the factories?
Feb 27, 2020, 07:42 AM
KC
KC
Registered Loiterer.
Quote:
Staff safety is of course our first priority.
Stay safe!
It’s a terrible situation and I’m sure I can speak for everyone here. We wish you well.
Feb 27, 2020, 08:17 AM
casual park flyer
I reiterate: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=827
Last edited by 52Sabre; Feb 27, 2020 at 05:32 PM.
Feb 27, 2020, 12:21 PM
With this virus down time is a good time to refine and make everything right before the release.
Radio looks great.
Feb 27, 2020, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenstick
I don't think it will be anytime soon until the corona virus is over. I think all the factories are shut down. And will there be any more people left to run the factories?
Actually not true. Two of the factories I use to supply parts for my T-16 battery kits are back in business and I have product in the air. There is no guarantee how long they will remain open.

Bob

Quick Reply