Sep 18, 2020, 01:28 PM
Michael

Chicken Feed LED Bleed Mod?

I purchased the foam strip that can isolate the LEDs associated with the six-position switch. I've searched this thread and also YT videos to see what has to be disassembled in order to install the foam strip; no joy.

I've modified the roller, exchanged momentary / two-position switch, etc.; not afraid to make changes, but the LEDs appear buried under some serious mother board sections.

Anyone have a source for a "how to"?

Thanks.
Michael
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2020, 01:31 PM
qar! vemmoH ghIj crow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
No problem, pigtail would be good too An extension lead would normally have the same style of connector at each end, in order to extend (lengthen) a cable. A servo extension lead would be the most common example in modelling.
Yes. I should have used 'adapter' lead.
Sep 18, 2020, 01:56 PM
qar! vemmoH ghIj crow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
The RX8R Pro has a misleading name - it's based on the same (old) architecture as the X8R and has the same range (about 25% less than the RX6R).
Just ordered a RX6R. They are now claiming 40% better range than previous X receivers! This I gotta see!!!
Sep 19, 2020, 02:28 AM
Long time flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob AZ
I have used the DL feature all over the world, even in remote areas and never found it to not work, as long as there is a decent signal. The more remote the area, the less data needs to be downloaded.

YMMV

Bob
Hey Bob, Australia is a little different to the US for mobile phone/data coverage. The best carrier has 99.4% of the population covered, which sounds great, however that's only 30% of the actual land! Given that Australia is almost the same size as the US, that's 70% of the land not covered.. so yeah, you don't have to go far to lose mobile coverage!

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
Sep 19, 2020, 07:50 AM
My Socata Rallye 235 from 80s
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAskDave
Hey Bob, Australia is a little different to the US for mobile phone/data coverage. The best carrier has 99.4% of the population covered, which sounds great, however that's only 30% of the actual land! Given that Australia is almost the same size as the US, that's 70% of the land not covered.. so yeah, you don't have to go far to lose mobile coverage!

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
I was referring to being out in the bush in South Africa, You can download a huge area when in a town, I assume it would work in Oz? Then the phone doesn't need a cell connection.

In Arizona, I have been out in the middle of the desert MILES from anywhere and I have had full bars with 4G.

Bob
Sep 19, 2020, 08:16 AM
To fly my Mavic Pro I download the map for the area I want to fly over wifi, and have it displayed in the field. My tablet has no sim card.
Sep 19, 2020, 02:29 PM
Radiomaster TX16S Supreme Edition
Sep 19, 2020, 02:45 PM
Just out for fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapua_fpv
Radiomaster TX16S Supreme Edition
That looks great! How did you do that? And what module is that on the back?
Sep 19, 2020, 03:23 PM
I just bought new front and back shells, spraypainted them with several coats of chalk-white paint, followed by several coats of matte-clear spraypaint. Then I spent 3 hours moving everything from one shell set to the other.

The radio module is a Dragonlink V3 and its attached using Noircogi's mount that I 3D printed
Sep 19, 2020, 04:42 PM
Just out for fun
@lapua_fpv, You did a great job on that! I have been thinking of buying just the front shell and doing a pattern via hydro dipping. Anything but basic carbon fiber.
Sep 19, 2020, 04:48 PM
User Registered
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapua_fpv
I just bought new front and back shells, spraypainted them with several coats of chalk-white paint, followed by several coats of matte-clear spraypaint. Then I spent 3 hours moving everything from one shell set to the other.

The radio module is a Dragonlink V3 and its attached using Noircogi's mount that I 3D printed
Looked like a T16 face until I zoomed in.
Last edited by gen3v8; Sep 19, 2020 at 06:55 PM.
Sep 20, 2020, 06:54 AM
The TX16S emblem was just silk-screened onto the plastic, so I will replace it with something custom later.
Sep 21, 2020, 12:28 AM
MooreFPV
Bob,

I am in Georgia and drive through 3 different area’s that have NO coverage. Dang ole’ hills and hollers... LoL. Just half a mile from my house there is no coverage, at all. We are blessed to have 1bar at the house. I refuse to have a land line!!
Sep 21, 2020, 03:44 AM

Telemetry Lost/Recovered loop :(

Hello all,

I have been slowly migrating off my Old X9D+ to this new TX16S. I'm really liking this radio a lot, wish the gimbals were down about 1/2". But it's just one of those things you have to get used too.

The radio has been working great (10+ uses) until tonight. I power on the radio, go to select a different model, during the selection, I get a "telemetry lost" message. No RX's are powered on. A few seconds later I get a "telemetry recovered" followed by another "telemetry lost" message. I power off and back on, radio immediately goes in, "telemetry lost", "telemetry recovered", loop. Again no quad is powered on at this time. I go to select a different model, and it stops. I select a 3rd model to test if everything is ok. The 3rd model has the same problem. Lost/recovered loop. I go to power the radio off, and I can't. So I remove the battery and see a red blinking light near the battery connector. Goes into Emergency Mode, I learn how to get out of Emergency Mode. Now the two models (both using D8) are fine.

What just happened? Has anyone heard of this problem before? Is it normal to have a red blicking led near the battery connector or the bottom through one of the UART connectors?

Radio has OpenTX at 2.3.9-otx and Multi-model at 1.3.1.59

Thanks for the time and support,
Nick
Last edited by RCMindBug; Sep 21, 2020 at 03:50 AM.
Sep 21, 2020, 04:13 AM
The land down under
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMindBug
Hello all,

I have been slowly migrating off my Old X9D+ to this new TX16S. I'm really liking this radio a lot, wish the gimbals were down about 1/2". But it's just one of those things you have to get used too.

The radio has been working great (10+ uses) until tonight. I power on the radio, go to select a different model, during the selection, I get a "telemetry lost" message. No RX's are powered on. A few seconds later I get a "telemetry recovered" followed by another "telemetry lost" message. I power off and back on, radio immediately goes in, "telemetry lost", "telemetry recovered", loop. Again no quad is powered on at this time. I go to select a different model, and it stops. I select a 3rd model to test if everything is ok. The 3rd model has the same problem. Lost/recovered loop. I go to power the radio off, and I can't. So I remove the battery and see a red blinking light near the battery connector. Goes into Emergency Mode, I learn how to get out of Emergency Mode. Now the two models (both using D8) are fine.

What just happened? Has anyone heard of this problem before? Is it normal to have a red blicking led near the battery connector or the bottom through one of the UART connectors?

Radio has OpenTX at 2.3.9-otx and Multi-model at 1.3.1.59

Thanks for the time and support,
Nick
yes I was or am having this exact issues.

Quick Reply