Jan 06, 2020, 09:24 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken2011
In addition, precise X'Tal frequency deviation.
That has been taken into account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcurtis2
Any chance of the internal MPM coming with the updated STM32F303CCT6 chip with 256KB of memory?
I believe Pascal and benzo99 have done some work to get it available in an updated MPM as the current F1 chip with 128KB is near capacity.
They've done some work but I don't believe it's anywhere near ready to be thrown into a product right now.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 06, 2020, 09:25 AM
casual park flyer
Hobby Porter - when might this radio be available?
Jan 06, 2020, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJH
To me it seems that the possible travel of the rotary pots on both sides is quite limited/short, too short for an appropriate controlled moving.
Maybe not ideal but, looking at the illustration, they appear to have more travel than the sliders on the Jumper T16. Hopefully an improvement, if not as good as the sliders on the X9D.
Jan 06, 2020, 09:45 AM
casual park flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole slope
I just wish it didnít have the chrome buttons! Black buttons, switch nuts and handle would look great...
Like this?
Last edited by 52Sabre; Jan 06, 2020 at 09:59 AM.
Jan 06, 2020, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgerunr
Not only does a B&W screen consume much less power, it is easily readable in direct sunlight with the backlight turned OFF.
Color is just a gimmick (and don't even get me started on the subject of touchscreens!)
if color is a gimmick we all suppose you are still using a Nokia phone because a smartphone with oled display is almost unreadable outdoors.....
Tell me in what scenario do you need to look down at the display while flying ?
Jan 06, 2020, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radikal
plenty of space for a little 2000~ mA Lipo pack only while the Taranis can handle 4000 packs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenstick
This radio will handle 21700 5000. that is what I use in my T16.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeshellim
It looks like an incremental upgrade - with all the increments exactly right. USB charging, better sliders, page up button, larger battery bay.
https://hobbycool.com/products/7-4v-...io-transmitter
Jan 06, 2020, 10:08 AM
Fly Planes, Be Happy 😜
Quote:
if color is a gimmick we all suppose you are still using a Nokia phone because a smartphone with oled display is almost unreadable outdoors.....
Tell me in what scenario do you need to look down at the display while flying ?
I didn't realize we were talking about smartphones here, I thought we were talking about radios and that color screens are a gimmick on radios?
Jan 06, 2020, 10:15 AM
casual park flyer
Quote:
I bought two of those 3 months ago sitting on my shelf never used. Nothing new. Aliexpress had a 2 for 1 sale. Don't know why folks keep posting about these like its some new discovery they think they need to share. There's a near identical 3000mah battery out as well. I installed Bob's 21700 5000mah kit and haven't slid the battery cover off my T16 since.
Last edited by 52Sabre; Jan 06, 2020 at 10:36 AM.
Jan 06, 2020, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooOoo
Oh, and a little bit of rubberized grip on the scroll wheel would be nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenstick
Or a black aluminum wheel.
+1 for the black anodized scroll wheel, if they are able to clone Frsky metal gimbals they can also do better on the wheel.

but.... we will have to wait till Radiomaster V2
Jan 06, 2020, 10:33 AM
Ben Lye
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcurtis2
Any chance of the internal MPM coming with the updated STM32F303CCT6 chip with 256KB of memory?
I believe Pascal and benzo99 have done some work to get it available in an updated MPM as the current F1 chip with 128KB is near capacity.

Bring some more innovation and another reason to make me buy it !!! - Rich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah
They've done some work but I don't believe it's anywhere near ready to be thrown into a product right now.
It's a catch-22. We've done some work with development boards, but without actual hardware it's hard to go much further, and with no commitment from anyone to put an F303 module into production we don't have a lot of motivation when there's other work to do - Pascal is busy adding features and protocols and I'm spending time trying to get some better user-facing documentation done.

I've not given up though - I have a couple of spare modules but don't have the skill or resources to swap the STM32F103s for STM32F303s myself so I'm looking at other options to get some prototypes made.
Jan 06, 2020, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alopath
This is not for you.
LOL, he was told that already in other threads.
Jan 06, 2020, 10:38 AM
casual park flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzo99
It's a catch-22. We've done some work with development boards, but without actual hardware it's hard to go much further, and with no commitment from anyone to put an F303 module into production we don't have a lot of motivation when there's other work to do - Pascal is busy adding features and protocols and I'm spending time trying to get some better user-facing documentation done.

I've not given up though - I have a couple of spare modules but don't have the skill or resources to swap the STM32F103s for STM32F303s myself so I'm looking at other options to get some prototypes made.
Keep up the good work Ben. We appreciated your efforts.
Jan 06, 2020, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzo99

I have some F303s coming on a slow boat right now and a spare Jumper External that I think I can swap out the F1.
I will let you know if and when I could do some testing.

Hopefully we can get them to add it to this new radio so Multi Development could continue.
Unfortunately maybe it's not ready just yet for production?

Thanks for not giving up! - Rich
Jan 06, 2020, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobby Porter
The battery compartment measures 95 X 52 X 20.5 MM or you can use 2 x 18650 with cells commonly available in 3000mah and up. Plus with the added convince of built in charging and there is really is no need for radios to be lugging around big heavy packs anymore! Li-ion is Light weight and energy dense, i'd really suggest you give it a go!
The jumper can handle 5000 mAh packs with an 8.4V output for external devices:

www.rcbatterykit.com

Bob
Jan 06, 2020, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 52Sabre
Like this?
I like the black and chrome. I just can’t stand the lighted buttons. I think these buttons are not lighted.
They did a good job with the black and a little bit of chrome. Instead of chrome they could have went with the darker chrome like Futaba has on the 18sz anniversary addition.
I think it needs to stay chrome because of the wear on the buttons. Black would be oily and get smooth.
I like it how they did it now. I prefer 6 position scroll switch over the push buttons.
Last edited by kenstick; Jan 06, 2020 at 11:44 AM.

Quick Reply