Jun 28, 2020, 09:58 AM
Flip on Tech

Yaapu LUA Page Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by aMax
Did you find any solution?
Just asking, because my transmitter arrives in a few days and I need Yaapu.
OpenTx 2.3.9 did break my Inav Lua 1.7.2 on my QX7 and the only fix was the nightly 2.3.10 . Went back to 2,3.7 now until the TX16s arrives.
Decided to re-clone from Github to make sure I got the latest version and recopied to SD Card. All good.

Good luck.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 28, 2020, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radikal
I can't believe that the RadioMaster V2 is already in the works just one month later with thousands of buyers listed on the Banggood waiting list for the TX16S...

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=3659
Captain Obvious swooping in to say "That is Photo shop good citizens"
Jun 28, 2020, 11:01 AM
Stay Safe, Stay Healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by helikido
No that post was two members arguing about their willingness to buy a more expensive version of this TX if it ever comes out.
the two major complaints are the speaker audio volume and screen viewing angle, those are basically the main advantages of the Jumper T18 over Radiomaster

the external antenna on the TX18S appears to be removable.... time will tell if it comes out with a 5-1 module (hope not)

white marking on the gimbals got moved over to the opposite side, why they don't rotate the side sliders 90 ?

back page button was removed but the larger menu buttons feel better and don't get stuck in

gimbals spring tension is way too loose so it requires heavy duty springs

sliders, knobs and scroll wheel also require new improved components

charging issues due to wrong thermistors to be fixed.

plastic case finish could be improved too for users with highly sweaty hands.

chicken feet bleeding led's....
Last edited by coreless; Jun 28, 2020 at 11:08 AM.
Jun 28, 2020, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radikal
I can't believe that the RadioMaster V2 is already in the works just one month later with thousands of buyers listed on the Banggood waiting list for the TX16S...

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=3659
It's just a crappy Photoshop job of a Jumper T-18. Zoom in and you can see the chicken feet and TX logos are blurry... Kids can do better!

Bob
Last edited by Bob AZ; Jun 28, 2020 at 11:56 AM.
Jun 28, 2020, 11:53 AM
Hi All

Apologies if this has been asked before but I'm only just in the market for a new Tx. So I've a couple of questions that hopefully someone will answer.

I currently fly an X9D, not the plus, which has seen better days even though it's been very well looked after. It's sorta reaching it's end of life as things are loose and worn. My back up radio is an X10 which I totally don't like! It's too big for me as I'm a pincher and have small hands, I can do it but I struggle. I also have an X9D lite good little radio, fits my hands brilliant, that someone gave me but I'm not upgrading all my Rx's to some weird protocol that I barely understand. I'm 63 and still a Luddite!

As I have an "Original" X9D I still run it in International firmware, I know I should be using EU but there it is.

How does the T16 feel in comparison is it similar to the X9D or not? Looking at the vids it does look more like the X10 ergonomically which would be a bummer. I believe it supports D8, if so this is great as I have 20+ planes on D8!

All and any answers will be very much appreciated.

Tony
Jun 28, 2020, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreless
the two major complaints are the speaker audio volume and screen viewing angle, those are basically the main advantages of the Jumper T18 over Radiomaster

the external antenna on the TX18S appears to be removable.... time will tell if it comes out with a 5-1 module (hope not)

white marking on the gimbals got moved over to the opposite side, why they don't rotate the side sliders 90 ?

back page button was removed but the larger menu buttons feel better and don't get stuck in

You are looking at a Jumper T18!!
Jun 28, 2020, 12:12 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by tctele
Hi All

Apologies if this has been asked before but I'm only just in the market for a new Tx. So I've a couple of questions that hopefully someone will answer.

I currently fly an X9D, not the plus, which has seen better days even though it's been very well looked after. It's sorta reaching it's end of life as things are loose and worn. My back up radio is an X10 which I totally don't like! It's too big for me as I'm a pincher and have small hands, I can do it but I struggle. I also have an X9D lite good little radio, fits my hands brilliant, that someone gave me but I'm not upgrading all my Rx's to some weird protocol that I barely understand. I'm 63 and still a Luddite!

As I have an "Original" X9D I still run it in International firmware, I know I should be using EU but there it is.

How does the T16 feel in comparison is it similar to the X9D or not? Looking at the vids it does look more like the X10 ergonomically which would be a bummer. I believe it supports D8, if so this is great as I have 20+ planes on D8!

All and any answers will be very much appreciated.

Tony
I'm like you. I have a early X9D and it's served me well. I decided to get a Jumper T16 for the multi-module support. I was worried about the reports I read on how it felt for pinchers. The Jumper did feel a little different in the hands, but nothing especially bad. I did extend the stick length, but that was about it. I just picked up a TX16S. About like the Jumper, needed to extend the sticks. The side handle 'nubs' do feel a little weird, but again, nothing horribly bad.

That said, I use a neck strap when I fly, wether I'm sitting (FPV) or standing (LOS). The neckstrap really holds the radio for me. It might feel way different without using a neckstrap. In short for feel wise, I have no real complaints of the T16 or TX16S over the Taranis. I do notice how much heavier my Taranis feels now though.
Jun 28, 2020, 12:18 PM
Gliders ain't drones!
Ever since I broke the jointed antenna on my Dx6, I have taped or supported a jointed antenna in some way. I made a similar brace for my T16, so here's one for the Tx16s.

Slips over the antenna, snaps onto the handle. Easily removable if you want to direct the antenna other than horizontal.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4507151

-= Dave
Jun 28, 2020, 12:21 PM
Excellent thank you for answering, I should have said I use a neck strap as well. I have a tray but have never been able to get on with it.. I gave my nephew last year a brand new never been used X9D plus, things are great in retrospect! I shall now see if I can buy a radio as most are sold out and those that aren't always add 30, greedy sods.
Jun 28, 2020, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dang
Like I said before Rich, roll them toward the center. This is how you access friction settings without opening the case.

https://youtu.be/abVCmGEcHyQ
yes. The rubber comes off but the back is molded out to the rubber so no way of getting rid of the hump. I put a Jumper back on mine to get rid of the hump.
I am a pincher.
Jun 28, 2020, 12:48 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenmaniac
Ever since I broke the jointed antenna on my Dx6, I have taped or supported a jointed antenna in some way. I made a similar brace for my T16, so here's one for the Tx16s.

Slips over the antenna, snaps onto the handle. Easily removable if you want to direct the antenna other than horizontal.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4507151

-= Dave
Broke off a switch already?
Jun 28, 2020, 12:54 PM
Gliders ain't drones!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic
Broke off a switch already?
That's how I break-in my transmitters.

-= Dave
Jun 28, 2020, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreless

Dude... did you not read the post? The TX18S doesn't exist. The conversation that I quoted was taken out of the context of two people debating on whether they would buy a more expensive version or not.
Jun 28, 2020, 01:32 PM
KC
KC
Registered Loiterer.
I don't know about that TX18S, but on the Radiomaster site, this popped up a while ago... but now gone, as well any reference to the TX12.

https://www.radiomasterrc.com/products
Jun 28, 2020, 01:45 PM
Wow, that’s a crowd pleaser!

Quick Reply