Jan 05, 2020, 11:45 PM
Edit frequently by bad English
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcurtis2
Any chance of the internal MPM coming with the updated STM32F303CCT6 chip with 256KB of memory?
I believe Pascal and benzo99 have done some work to get it available in an updated MPM as the current F1 chip with 128KB is near capacity.

Bring some more innovation and another reason to make me buy it !!! - Rich
In addition, precise X'Tal frequency deviation.
Jumper MPM have lower accracy, It need frequency tune when binding process.

And internal antenna please.
Last edited by ken2011; Jan 06, 2020 at 01:03 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 06, 2020, 01:51 AM
Please fix the 433 MHz interference problem the T16 causes!
It's not useful for Dragonlink telemetry.
Jan 06, 2020, 05:01 AM
Version with a B&W screen please. Some of us see a color LCD as nothing more than a waste of battery. I'd love something like this but with a 480x272 B&W LCD though.
Jan 06, 2020, 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull
Version with a B&W screen please. Some of us see a color LCD as nothing more than a waste of battery. I'd love something like this but with a 480x272 B&W LCD though.
Agree 100% ... if you do virtually all of your programming on Companion and use voice callouts/alerts when flying a big colour scheme simply isn't necessary. But unfortunately it is important from the image/marketing POV nowadays.

I like the neutral colours of this Tx - I would have bought an X10S if they'd had a similar scheme available.
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
Jan 06, 2020, 06:48 AM
Quote:
You'll only upset people here making intelligemt requests like that.
Jan 06, 2020, 07:06 AM
Regexistentialist

B&W screen? YES!

Quote:
+1
Not only does a B&W screen consume much less power, it is easily readable in direct sunlight with the backlight turned OFF.
Color is just a gimmick (and don't even get me started on the subject of touchscreens!)
Jan 06, 2020, 07:08 AM
OpenTX core team
Since 480x272 UI has been designed only for colorscreen, it would be a very lengthy developement to support such a screen
Jan 06, 2020, 07:41 AM
FJH
FJH
It just needs the option to switch it off, not only to dim it, thus no waste of power for display during flight.
Jan 06, 2020, 07:45 AM
It looks like an incremental upgrade - with all the increments exactly right. USB charging, better sliders, page up button, larger battery bay. What not to like...

HB mention a better external bay, not sure what that means but hopefully it's slightly deeper (an M-LINK module doesn't quite fit the T16). There's also a suggestion of better internals, it would be nice if that addresses the problems some have had with the ribbon cables.
Jan 06, 2020, 07:45 AM
OpenTX core team
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJH
It just needs the option to switch it off, not only to dim it, thus no waste of power for display during flight.
Already there, when you turn off backlight completely, there is only a tiny draw from the screen. Turning it completely off would make no practical difference
Jan 06, 2020, 08:04 AM
Blue Skies
Buying this or the Jumper T16 PRO would be my first venture into OpenTX. My impression of OTX so far is I don't want to do any frequency calibrations that I read about here in RCGs. Maybe that only refers to FrSky, but I'm not sure. A Tx should be ready to go out-of-the-box.

My primary Tx is a Spektrum. I like not having to remove batteries IOT charge. The form of this Tx is similar to Futaba and others. I like the Spektrum form of not having a long antenna sticking up, just waiting to be broken off. Does this have dual antennas, i.e. a vertical one and a horizontal one in the handle? The side sliders on my DX18 are the best. They're in the ideal position with the right feel. The ones I see on these models remind me of the ones on the DX9 that get lots of complaints. If you're going to copy the sliders, get the ones on the DX18.

Can models be backed up and saved to a SD card or a PC?

I don't understand all the bickering about cloning and copying here. Isn't OTX supposed to be open for copying? Isn't that why it's called OPEN SOURCE? As far as the hardware, I'm sure there's a factory in China pumping out stock cases, gimbals, with only a stamp here and there with Logos and name brands being different.

I see this is chip-based for DSMX. RadioMaster is using the old legacy CYRF6936 chip. But Spektrum and Lemon are using a new Software Defined Receiver or SDR Rxs. Shouldn't Txs also switch to that since the legacy chips won't be produced anymore?
Don
Jan 06, 2020, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifinsword
Buying this or the Jumper T16 PRO would be my first venture into OpenTX. My impression of OTX so far is I don't want to do any frequency calibrations that I read about here in RCGs. Maybe that only refers to FrSky, but I'm not sure. A Tx should be ready to go out-of-the-box.

My primary Tx is a Spektrum. I like not having to remove batteries IOT charge. The form of this Tx is similar to Futaba and others. I like the Spektrum form of not having a long antenna sticking up, just waiting to be broken off. Does this have dual antennas, i.e. a vertical one and a horizontal one in the handle? The side sliders on my DX18 are the best. They're in the ideal position with the right feel. The ones I see on these models remind me of the ones on the DX9 that get lots of complaints. If you're going to copy the sliders, get the ones on the DX18.

Can models be backed up and saved to a SD card or a PC?

I don't understand all the bickering about cloning and copying here. Isn't OTX supposed to be open for copying? Isn't that why it's called OPEN SOURCE? As far as the hardware, I'm sure there's a factory in China pumping out stock cases, gimbals, with only a stamp here and there with Logos and name brands being different.

I see this is chip-based for DSMX. RadioMaster is using the old legacy CYRF6936 chip. But Spektrum and Lemon are using a new Software Defined Receiver or SDR Rxs. Shouldn't Txs also switch to that since the legacy chips won't be produced anymore?
Don
This is not for you.
Jan 06, 2020, 08:12 AM
Blue Skies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alopath
This is not for you.
Probably right. We'll see.
Jan 06, 2020, 08:29 AM
FJH
FJH
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeshellim
It looks like an incremental upgrade - with all the increments exactly right. USB charging, better sliders, page up button, larger battery bay. What not to like... .
To me it seems that the possible travel of the rotary pots on both sides is quite limited/short, too short for an appropriate controlled moving.
Jan 06, 2020, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeshellim
It looks like an incremental upgrade - with all the increments exactly right. USB charging, better sliders, page up button, larger battery bay. What not to like...
the only change I don't like is the smaller lambo light 6p buttons. I would have liked it more if they went the other way and made them bigger. Trying to find them with goggles on is challenge for me as it is.

Quick Reply