Dec 31, 2019, 03:58 AM
Thread OP
New Product

RadioMaster - TX16S 16Ch 2.4ghz Multi-Protocol OpenTX Radio System

Coming Soon! www.radiomasterrc.com

Last edited by Hobby Porter; Dec 31, 2019 at 05:42 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 31, 2019, 03:58 AM
Thread OP
Reserved.
Dec 31, 2019, 04:36 AM
The Chinese cloning business is obviously thriving! The intro price will be interesting methinks?
Dec 31, 2019, 05:13 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole slope
The Chinese cloning business is obviously thriving! The intro price will be interesting methinks?
Thanks for your interest Ole! As former partners in the development of the platform we had our own ideas on taking the concept forward. We mutually concluded to part ways with our old compadres at Jumper and both agreed to set forth developing products independently with our own separate visions and goals, hence RadioMaster and the TX16S were born!

As for the price? Stay Tuned!
Dec 31, 2019, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole slope
Hobby Porter is the company behind Jumper project.

This is a Jumper V4 with built in charger.... the V5 will come with a touch screen and then V6 with larger battery bay for higher capacity Lipo.

This is the typical chinese business practice buy V1, V2, V3, V4, V5.... and this is how they make fast cash $$$$

The funny thing is that it was unveiled before January 1st because they want to keep up the Guinness world record because no other company has ever released so many versions over a year

I remember that the Frsky X10 had an issue with USB-C charger port so I wonder if this new TX16S can be charged with a random 5V mobile charger without burning up the charger....LOL
Last edited by Radikal; Dec 31, 2019 at 06:35 AM.
Dec 31, 2019, 06:22 AM
OTX OG and EdgeTX contributor
Initial x10 impletation of USB C was using a standard USB-C connector, wired/used in a non standard way, which was creatiing the issue
Dec 31, 2019, 06:43 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radikal
Hobby Porter is the company behind Jumper project. this is a Jumper V4 with built in charger.... the V5 will come with a touch screen and then V6 with larger battery bay for higher Lipo capacity.

this is the typical chinese business practice buy V1, V2, V3, V4, V5.... and this is how they make fast cash

the funny thing is that it was unveiled before January 1st because they want to keep up the Guinness world record because no other company has ever released so many versions in a single year

I remember that the Frsky X10 had an issue with USB-C charger port so I wonder if this new TX16S can be charged with a random 5V mobile charger without burning up the charger....LOL
Hi Radikal, We were previously partnered with Jumper, now we are not (As explained above). RadioMaster is a brand of Hobby Porter, Jumper is owned by Jumper. We are independent companies now doing our own thing. The USB-C on the bottom of the radio is an independent and dedicated charging port. The USB-C at the top is data/sim and we already nailed the bigger battery compartment, along with other improvements! thank us later! and have a great 2020!
Dec 31, 2019, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobby Porter
Hi Radikal, We were previously partnered with Jumper, now we are not (As explained above).
RadioMaster is a brand of Hobby Porter, Jumper is owned by Jumper.
IIRC you were working for Frsky some years ago and you are also the co-founder of Jumper.
it's ok if you want to run your own business but you should not have cloned the Jumper.
as I mentioned above the battery hatch or battery chemistry is still a major issue to me
Dec 31, 2019, 07:09 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
you should not have cloned the Jumper.
As I explained, we mutually agreed to part ways and continue developing the product in our own direction. The development data created up until that point was shared between both companies on and understanding we would go forward with our own radios. So the TX16S is not a clone, it is our take on the platform with the improvements we wanted to make along with working with the OpenTX team in the development stages to make the best product we felt we could. As for the battery you can use Li-ion or Lipoly. There is plenty of space to use what you wish. And using the built in charger is entirely up to you!
Dec 31, 2019, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobby Porter
As for the battery you can use Li-ion or Lipoly. There is plenty of space to use what you wish.
plenty of space for a little 2000~ mA Lipo pack only while the Taranis can handle 4000 packs.
Dec 31, 2019, 07:39 AM
Happy FPV flyer
I think you should really start designing your own radio and show the world how you can do better since you have been on every radio launch in the past few years...
Dec 31, 2019, 07:51 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
plenty of space for a little 2000~ mA Lipo pack only while the Taranis can handle 4000 packs.
The battery compartment measures 95 X 52 X 20.5 MM or you can use 2 x 18650 with cells commonly available in 3000mah and up. Plus with the added convince of built in charging and there is really is no need for radios to be lugging around big heavy packs anymore! Li-ion is Light weight and energy dense, i'd really suggest you give it a go!
Last edited by Hobby Porter; Dec 31, 2019 at 07:58 AM.
Dec 31, 2019, 02:45 PM
are those discrete page left and right buttons? I like that feature along with the built in charger.

It looks like a nice improvement over the t16. hopefully you also made improvements to all the other little issues that bug t16 owners...
Dec 31, 2019, 07:03 PM
I just wish it didn’t have the chrome buttons! Black buttons, switch nuts and handle would look great...
Dec 31, 2019, 07:07 PM
...and the strap hanger, power switch and hanger mount...

Quick Reply