Jan 16, 2020, 10:36 PM
If the winds blowin, I'm goin!
Thread OP
Added the fwd rails, some aft deck details, and fixed the lights. The fwd railing was a bit problematic. The ends of the rails butt up against the pilot house according to the plans. My first ide was to drill small holes to accept the ends of the rails. However, the way Iíve set the hatch up, the rails wouldnít clear the bottom of the pilot house without binding. I trimmed them back, but trimmed too much. What I did, and this is a compromise, is to drill slightly larger holes in the pilot house, and use tight fitting nylon tube as a ďcouplingĒ between the face of the pilot house and the rails. Slide fwd to access the internals, slide back to lock and for display. Itís not perfect, but it works.
Cash
to remove ads between posts
Jan 19, 2020, 09:55 PM
Thread OP
Well, here she is, I need hatch magnets and a couple of smaller details but sheís essentially done. I add the side rails, but shortened them to make it easier to access the battery without my big fingers or battery wires getting hung and breaking something. I also added a battery shelf. Hopefully sheíll maiden this Sunday, Iíll take some modelling clay to fine tune the ballast.
Cash
Jan 19, 2020, 10:29 PM
Looks great! Just be carefull of the prop blades, their quite fragile. I used one on a micro springer and lost a blade at the pond.
Bob
Jan 28, 2020, 04:00 PM
Thread OP
She runs!!! Goes along quite nicely, but is overpowered with the little 20mm outrunner, canít go much over 1/2 throttle she tries to plane like a cabin cruiser and torque over. She might be a little light, gonna play with a couple of ounces of ballast see where that gets me, but Iím happy she turned out okay. Link to vid below
Cash

Billings Boats 14 inch USCG Lifeboat (2 min 51 sec)

Quick Reply