FrSKy Archer M+ Mini Access Receiver

FrSky has the Archer M+ receiver that is tiny and weighs in at just 1g. It features the ACCESS protocol which provides lower latency and increased performance.

Splash

1g Receiver with Access

FrSky has the Archer M+ receiver that is tiny and weighs in at just 1g. It features the ACCESS protocol which provides lower latency and increased performance. It supports telemetry via S.Port/F.Port with a range of 500 to 600 meters. It also provides over the air support for firmware upgrades. It's a nice little package where weight matters. The best part is that the Archer M+ is just $13.99.

Features:

• ACCESS protocol with Over The Air (OTA)
  • Tiny and super lightweight
  • Full control range & 500 to 600 meters telemetry range
  • SBUS OUT
  • S.Port / F.Port
  • Inverted S.Port
Specifications:
  • Dimension: 17*11.7*4mm (L*W*H)
  • Weight: 1g
  • Number of Channels: 16/24 SBUS channels
  • Ė 16 SBUS channels
  • Ė 24 SBUS channels (Stay tuned)
  • Operating Voltage Range: 3.5 -10V
  • Operating Current: [email protected] typ
  • Operating Range: >2km (Full range) (*Range may vary based on local conditions.)
  • Compatibility: All FrSky ACCESS transmitters

Check out the FrSKy Archer M+ Mini Access Receiver Here

Dec 30, 2019, 09:53 PM
Great.. ONE gram BFD! I have a couple of vanilla Frsky Rx's that are 0.7 grams..
This one needs a breakout board simply to use the Stoopid thing because of it's pointless Sbus.
Weight advantage is instantly Pissed away.
Beginning of the end for FrSky...methinks.
Dec 30, 2019, 10:34 PM

FrSKy Archer M+ Mini Access Receiver

There are plenty of receivers that have more than Sbus. If you need some sort of breakout box then the M+ isnít for you, itís a replacement for the XM+ and RXSR which are great for multirotors, helicopters and planes using gyros with Sbus in. The tiny size and faster latency are a real asset for the things that use this type of receiver.

Iíve ordered 2 of them. They look great.
Dec 30, 2019, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bare
Great.. ONE gram BFD! I have a couple of vanilla Frsky Rx's that are 0.7 grams..
This one needs a breakout board simply to use the Stoopid thing because of it's pointless Sbus.
LOL, completely irrelevant rant. Obviously this is a RX for quads and helis that have flight controllers with sbus. There will be plenty of archer series RX for other applications. This on the other hand looks like a great update to the XM+. Everyone keeps acting like access is going to be the end of frsky, might as well be yelling from your lawn chair for the kids to stay off your grass.
Dec 31, 2019, 10:30 AM
It’s not even a replacement for the RXSR, there is still a Archer RS to come yet (I think that’s the name of it) which will be the RXSR equivalent.

This one is more like a XM with added short range telemetry.
Dec 31, 2019, 09:58 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bare
ROFL.

This is a direct replacement for the very popular XM+ receiver.

Which also is SBus-only. As are the XSR, R-XSR and the upcoming Archer RS receivers.

They're stupidly popular, because multirotors, heli's, stabilizers, RB's and slave receiver setups only require SBus.
Dec 31, 2019, 11:59 PM
KC
KC
Registered Loiterer.
Wow! This little sucker looks amazing and for $14 bucks.
Canít wait to hear the performance reports from the early Access adopters. The notched out soldering terminals are a nice touch to keep the wires low profile.

Happy New Year everyone.
Jan 01, 2020, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC
The notched out soldering terminals are a nice touch to keep the wires low profile.
Yes, it is nice and the spacing matches header pins. You can cut the pins short and they slide into the slots for soldering.

2019 was an amazing year for new FrSky product releases.

Mike
Jan 01, 2020, 07:23 PM
AMA: L68621, FCC: WA2LLX

The end ? naaah

[QUOTEBeginning of the end for FrSky...methinks.[/QUOTE]

Come on Really? Despite offering features nobody else does (still!) at prices nobody else does, even Jeti (which IMO is way over priced for what it offers). One is not forced to go with ACCESS, at least not yet. As you can see from the pics I kinda like FRSKYmyself, including my soon to be finished redundant RF (2.4 / 900) single stick tx I'm building. But to each their own.

John
Jan 02, 2020, 05:17 AM
Interesting that they switched back to the old style of larger bind button on the M+. I guess they had problems with the smaller type used on the XM+ RX4R and RX6R etc. I can personally attest that those buttons sucked, I had one where the top popped off when I dropped the reciever two feet onto a wooden workbench. The button mechanism is a tiny piece of metal foil held in place by a tiny square of kapton tape and is very delicate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
ROFL.
This is a direct replacement for the very popular XM+ receiver.
No it's not it doesn't have antenna diversity. I would use an XM+ on a 300-500 size helicopter but I would NOT use this because of the risk of the receiver being shadowed. I might use it on a 200 except I already built one and have an XM+ on it, and that experience reminded me why I quit building small helis which is because it's like working on a watch.

With something this small shadowing wouldn't be as much of a problem.
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Jan 02, 2020 at 05:34 AM.
Jan 07, 2020, 09:08 AM
I haven't stayed abreast of the ACCESS vs ACCST thing. Is there an issue with the new protocol? I am considering getting some new gear and need to know if I should buy ACCESS stuff.
Jan 07, 2020, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuiperJ
I haven't stayed abreast of the ACCESS vs ACCST thing. Is there an issue with the new protocol? I am considering getting some new gear and need to know if I should buy ACCESS stuff.
There is no issue with the ACCESS, people just got their feelings hurt because frsky made it encrypted instead of open-source. Only issue is that its still new, so RX availability/selection isn't great yet and there can be firmware compatibility issues. I haven't seen anything that couldn't be resolved easily.
Jan 07, 2020, 10:15 AM
I like PCB antennas for longer range use. Would it cause issues to put a ACCHT antenna, like the X8R PCB one on a Archer M+?
Jan 07, 2020, 10:42 AM
As it still uses the same 2.4ghz frequency I would assume it would be fine, but someone smarter than me would have to say for sure.

Quick Reply