Dec 28, 2019, 10:56 PM
→ 404 Not Found
Thread OP
Question

Why can a few users / fanboys completely derail threads?

Would like to bring up this issue in the Multirotor Drone Talk forum where a handful of people (most call them DJI Fanboys) seem to be allowed to constant bash, post of topic, post derogatory, post false and misleading info, attack other members.. and get away with it. For months!

I've looked at it for almost a year now in my own thread, constant had to "fight" back, constant had to de-bunk the false info, while one or two of the abusers did leave in the end and left the thread alone, a few others still remain to troll and derail the thread on almost daily basis.

Many other users have expressed they did not like all the of topic post and constant fights.
Many times it was asked to stop the as of-topic regarded posts, by myself but also many other users.
a rather large part of users that where new to the forum (it's rather large thread and populair model) seem to have left again, probably because all of the "noise" created.

I don't often use the report function, but at some points over time I've tried to report a lot of those posts. It appeared however to me after checking after a few days that those posts where not moderated or edited.

Not sure why those reports got ignored, I'm not native English and don't understand all the different report options there are, so maybe it did not always fall in the exact "category" or matched the correct rule broken? (if that matters at all)

So in the end I turned up in the 2 DJI Mavic Mini threads at some point (After a lot of of-topic post about it in my own thread) and I shared a few posts in return.. with my own opinion. Basicly did the same what had been done in the Fimi thread for almost a year.
Instant got a lot of slack for it, was named "A troll" and it was suggested right away to ALL members to simply report me.

Currently received 9 infraction points in a short period of time, and my posts are currently hidden by default for 24 hours.
All after years on RCG with around 6000 post, trying to share good info and support the community.. now I'm regarded as nothing more than troll?

Maybe I should have known better and best had not visited the other threads, but I actually ordered the mini and felt like I had just the same rights as others to share opinions and see what all the hype was about. I did place a few posts to "troll" a bit back as revenge, and I accepted the points for doing that, even as I found it to be very unfair.

The last 3 reported posts however have brought me to a point that I can't stay silent about this anymore. Currently have 3 Appeals going on but as my last one a few weeks ago was also ignored, I have a bad feeling about it all.

It's confusing me like hell why these kind of posts are largely allowed in one thread, but not even a single one in others.

Meanwhile the Fimi and a few other threads are still flooded with derogatory posts and other nonsense , and I don't see that changed for now and it all is giving RCGROUPS a bad name.

———

I would like some discussion on how the moderators look at this, what can be done to avoid these problems with people derailing threads, and hopefully get my last infractions reverted so I can get my post privileges back to normal?

I'm posting a few examples in next posts below, so to get a better idea of what has been going on.

These are just a few from a simple search on the thread, but there are MANY more in the thread.
If needed I can spend some more time and give a lot more examples. I hope this is not necessary however.

------
Last edited by Justapoke; Jan 13, 2020 at 12:27 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 28, 2019, 10:57 PM
→ 404 Not Found
Thread OP
First just some random reactions from other members, in the thread on the constant trolling.
Many more like these can be found, again just a few examples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garysnr
Your not going to win, this guy's a TROLL, so should be ignored, as others have offered a similar explanation, to no avail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad808
As owners (and soon to be owners) we need to take the good posts along with the bad and evaluate who is the troll and who is legitimately trying to help others with possible problems they run across. If you are here just to troll...go away to the hole you came out of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris42
Me neither,
I do not like all these direct or indirect allusions to DJI.
I totally do not care about DJI, its quality, its price, etc ..., because I do not like DJI (and I don't know why).
I had been waiting for some time for a drone like this Fimi X8.
And all that interests me here is what relates to the Fimi X8.
I would like to know how not to see the posts of some users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnarmd
In this thread the request has been made several times to not use it for DJI products. In the second post in this forum you ignore this request from several members. That's what they call a troll in the world of forums.

Besides, you make statements that are simply not true. The FIMI drones are falling from the sky. Where do you get such unverifiable statements?

Insults speak in my experience, only very stupid people. You can think about whether you belong to these.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy Heap
can any moderators .......um........please..............moderate?

clean up and delete trolling.............if it has zero contributing content..........spam it off into junk folders please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garysnr
And your point ?

I can post dozens of unhappy DJI customer videos, but I choose not to TROLL.

i suggest you sell your X8 and move on, rather than beating the same old drum, it's boring now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Premierscfc
Great troll list, what I can't understand is what they get from being continually negative about the X8 when they go to any DJI threads and be continually positive with there rose tinted specs on...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sburnolo
Hi, guys.
The quality of the thread is decayed.
Here we talk about X8.
If someone wants another drone that's better or worse I don't care.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailchaser
Useless…
A big word for a big mouth…
A big word for someone who posts tens of, hundreds of messages with nothing useful at all…
A big word for a troll not knowing the meaning of the word “contribution”…
A big word for someone succeeding to become top repulsive poster in this long thread…
A big word for someone who is totally useless…

Sorry everybody. This troll in particular and his associate clowns are making me sick. Otherwise it is a great forum. I almost read all the messages from the first day and found this forum extremely useful.

---------------------------------------
Dec 28, 2019, 10:59 PM
→ 404 Not Found
Thread OP
Example posts part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repaid1
Unfortunately/Fortunately? This site is moderated by those who understand such topics and debates...well mostly..and your comment more than what you seek to filter would most likely gain their attention But you did give me a giggle, so we have that.
Quote:
What he said ^. Bunch of Chinese knocks offs but they seem to work on this platform as reported.
Quote:
Not to be a stickler, but you are speaking for yourself and your country right? Here in the States (And Numerous RCG Threads) I have found GearBest and Bang Good about 50-50 and most people wouldn't like those odds. What works for one or a few doesn't work for the "masses". We are talking FIMI here not Xiaomi, two largely different companies BTW, They offered a deal and quickly pulled back on that deal at ruffly 750 products (That should have been a big red flag to most), when a Chinese retailer says they will have 500 of a product soon after from that same manufacture it would be prudent for people to question such . A gently used Mavic Pro Fly More runs around $400 these days here in the states not $1000.

Quote:
Additionally it seems FIMI gave enough room for 1 wire to fit in the slot they provided and allowed slop/length in that groove longitudinally for all three, which in a since means that if one wire pulls up against the other it will jam and rub the other wire, which in itself may be why the wires are doing what they appear to be doing given shown photos. I am only commenting on why these things may be happening, if you deem it some kind of opposition to those that decide the X8 is the best drone for them given price only, then so be it. It is not my intent to say which is the better drone as that is well known given sales and stats of owners over the years up to this point (The future may show different). If you wish to stand up for a virtually untested "Drone" that is your right, but I as a knowledgeable person feel it is fair to show why one may cost more than another, let alone what could be deemed as a serious failure point and there for a danger to persons or property. If you don't want to read what I have to say, then click to the next person. There is also a ignore function on these threads so you may want to opt for that feature, then you won't even see my posts.

There have been many drones made in the years before Fimi was ever a name, and many of those end users found this and that as a failure point, and determined a corrective action. Users took that knowledge and then corrected these drones out of the box to insure that it wouldn't be a issue, it is with this in mind that I post.
Quote:
I beg to differ, there isn't much sense in having a camera platform where you have to rely on the auto setting. I have seen no picture from a camera set on auto that can't be better when set on manual and adjusted for actual conditions. The spectrum of the parameters the camera "Can do" isn't applicable as a adjustment option, if it can't be adjusted by the end user. Settling for what the manufacture offers isn't what the "average flyer" is buying a camera platform for, you not buying a flyer, your buying a camera platform UAS, in that you should be able to control the output, if not why are you really buying it in the first place? All IMHO. There is no reason to offer ND filters for a camera that is set on auto as it will just override and adjust it back out of the equation. FIMI needs to give the user control of the camera. This class of Quad has a specific purpose and without full control of output, it isn't really meeting the true market for which designed and marketed.

And in that shutter speed is exposure so there is no "And"

Quote:
Question for the folks that have received, Am I seeing the propeller attachment correctly...are you taking that "plastic" composite prop and engaging it directly to the Metal housing of the Motor as a quick release???? There has to be something I am missing, there is no way that is as designed, if so these things will be falling out of the sky more so than that one report so far...who designed that?...certainly no one with a engineering background...tell me there is more to this equation? Every movement to throttle is going to be like a mini hack saw The Highest structural stress point to the main component that keeps this thing in the air? Cutting corners is one thing...

Granted I only have a mechanical, aeronautical, and electronic engineering technologist degrees in engineering so I may be missing the whole picture? Who thought this was even a good idea...or who even thought? Is that a Stamped out pattern? Someone please enlighten me on actual connection if you don't mind.
Quote:
Well since you asked, they engineered it to not have that problem in the first place. They do a spiral wrap of the wires all three together as a tension relief, they also used a much higher quality wire. They then engineered the opening to allow minimal movement of that joint to wire flex. Additionally they wrapped it all together to avoid chaffing with a outer cover. All in all it's another of those you get what you pay for. What looks like a great deal, is more likely than not ...well not. You got a budget drone your just going to get subject engineering equal to that...I hate to sound harsh, as one on this forum suggested that I was being, but when you get to my age and seen what I have seen, done what I have done...and been involved in aerospace and military projects, you find that you just can't cut corners.

It is what it is, and yes you fine folks can fix what they didn't bother to engineer in, you can buy two of them to have parts and all the other stuff some of you are doing, but at the end of the day..you still got what you paid for, it's just that plain simple. Again not trying to be a butt head about it, but you will see over the coming months what kind of deal you really got be that bad or hopefully good.

Just so you know...DJI actually had a few Mavic Pros returned as they spec'd or assembled the arm with too much wire and it did bind. They took them back and replaced them with a new unit in a week or so turnaround, so yes even DJI had issues at one point with a few out of the 100,000's they sold. Remember one has been flying for three years the other 3 months?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaptor
Nothing's been debunked, wishful thinking.
We have one drone that has CLEARLY had a bad endo and I THINK that is the one with the worst wire damage. The X8 design appears to cut those wires like a scissors IF you overtravel the arms ( I actually like the way Fimi is running the wires vertically through the joint, they simply twist a small amount rather than stretch back and forth during normal folding ) You're going to do a LOT of damage to those wires in a crash if it hits a certain way. I wish they had made those slots long enough that a max excursion of the arm in the wrong direction wouldn't shear those wires. We have a couple other pics from apparently other X8s with the weird wire separation. I'm not sure that it's dangerous but it certainly shouldn't be dismissed like it never happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robca
Since you asked...
  • The video in general lacks dynamic range and contrast, and it's mildly overexposed
  • Near the beginning, the white flowers against the grass don't have enough dynamic contrast and look almost "solarized" to a lower color palette (see picture, frame extracted directly from the video)
  • After the fast yaw around 17 sec, the horizon is tilted (very minor)
  • At around 38 sec, when you start moving forward, if you look at the tip of the trees on the right (marked by a box in the picture below) you can see "pixel crawling", with the white highlights creating visual artifacts. Same on the white tree trunks
  • 1:31 to 1:36, the water puddle lacks focus/definition (the image in general is pretty soft, but given you don't have many sharp elements like buildings, it's not always obvious). Also the second field at 1:57-2:11, not really sharp. Probably an exposure problem, since later in the video (e.g.4:10) it gets better.
  • 3:37: another fast yaw, another tilted horizon (this time really obvious). Even more obvious at 3:42
  • 4:45 lack of dynamic range makes the trees(?) in the field look artificial
  • 4:25, the white parts in the river bed are washed out and strongly over exposed
  • 4:41: are those lakes really teal color? I know it's possible, but it looks pretty artificial in the context of the video color balance. And they look different earlier and later in the video, hinting at a white balance issue

It's the first time that I notice that image sharpness seems to depend on the exposure levels. I wonder if the Ambarella processor is doing something strange in certain lighting conditions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekkostar
If you're stuck at the $500 mark I would say it's worth saving up the extra for the Mavic Pro.

You will just get a better and more satisfying experience with the Mavic Pro.

The Fimi was a great proposition when it first came out and you could nab it for around $400.

However, hindsight is a great thing. Knowing what we know now I would say Mavic Pro all the way. The price of the headaches is not worth the saving going the Fimi route now.
Quote:
Of course it won't be a disappointment. It's DJI and already got massive interest and following.

We all know you badly want one and we all know it's going to be a huge commercial success

Fimi X8 & Banggood simply cannot provide the service and product that DJI can. It's no competition and a mismatch. The Fimi X8 has been out a year and simply failed to live up to the promises and hype. Far too many problems and unreliable Gearbest, Aliexpress and Banggood etc etc
Quote:
You know if you want a code that's never really worked properly this year, its in the Fimi Navi app

No: #pL, gpS,"NfZ, !fW?

Even the Chinese Government gave up on it

Quote:
Reports of the Mavic Mini in wind are quite surprisingly good.

The Autel Evo is a superb drone. Camera is a major strong point and it can do 4K at 60FPS. It sits above a Mavic Pro and just below a Mav 2 Pro.

The remote control is excellent and like all Autel's flight characteristics are top notch.

As for the Fimi X8 you would have to ask why you are drawn to it? Is it a money thing because if you can afford the Evo then that's the drone to go for. Autel's support and service are top notch as well.

You could go for the Fimi X8 but buying from China is a lottery. To avoid disappointment buy with your eyes open as its not going to be an Evo. Expect zero service and a potentially frustrated ride from BG.

As for the drone itself its cheaper but its also a compromised product. For the money its an 'ok' drone if you are lucky enough to get a good example.

If you got the money and you always wanted an Evo stick to it as the Fimi is likely to disappoint you in that regards.

If its a money thing and you are happy to try save some money and cut corners then go for the Fimi. The choice is yours.

Quote:
DJI are able to provide global and expedited services.

Fimi I would imagine 6 weeks being the norm.

DJI also have 'Refresh' which gives peace of mind should anything happen to your drone.

As for parts, accessories and availability then DJI would win that hands down.
Quote:
Yes correct the X8 did in fact try to emulate the Mavic Pro form factor at a cheaper price point.

Unfortunately the X8 has never really been able to compete with the Mav Pro so that argument was muted very early on. There was no sensible comparison there to be had.

However, the X8 then went on and tried to forge itself a market at a lower price point. It's had a very up and down first year and the FW improvements and support have been generally slow, frustrating and poor. It has however for all it's flaws, retained the budget value appeal.

The MM has now come along and really upset the low price bracket apple cart somewhat. It's a minature drone that has all the DJI DNA pumped into a tiny craft that flies beautifully. It's the DJI trademark and flying characteristics that sets it off.

€499 buys you a drone, 3 batteries, case, prop guards and you are immediately buying into DJI know how and support. So those that couldn't really afford a DJI Mavic Pro to begin with and went the Fimi route now have a drone with DJI pedigree that they can afford.

There's more YT comparisons coming about but as you can see the little wonder from DJI simply cannot be ignored. It shouldn't even be in the equation but the reality is, it is. You pays your money and takes your choice.

The MM is a minature drone that punches way above it's weight and with proven DJI investment and support it will only improve and very, very quickly.

Fimi X8 has it's work cut out now. The Fimi team really need to pull their finger out now otherwise there is only going to be one winner here.

Quote:
Yes exactly. We all know this drone is nowhere near perfect.

Its perfectly reasonable to discuss both pro's and cons of the X8. Nothing wrong with that whatsoever.

If someone is going to buy this or any drone the more information to make a balanced and considered choice is a good thing.
Dec 28, 2019, 11:22 PM
→ 404 Not Found
Thread OP
Example posts part 2

Quote:
China produces a lot of goods. However there's always good product and bad product

DJI for example is an example of a good Chinese brand making good products but then you also get the cheap chinese knock off brands copying products, which are obviously not so good.

The MM looks on all accounts to be a great little drone from DJI.

On the other hand an example of not so good would be the crapshoot Fimi X8 with a dodgy camera and going by growing recent accounts the latest firmware has messed up GPS triggering VPU/ATTI mid flight. You can see a host of them now crashing from loss of control.
Quote:
Agree.

Unfortunately there's a couple on here, we all know who they are (disguised Fimi X8'rs and bona fide DJI haters) who have lost their way from the Fimi forum. This DJI launch has really irritated them big time

This looks to be a great drone regardless. The sub 250g class at this quality of drone is a new one and congrats for DJI to produce this device. The lightweight and battery life pushing 30mins is just great and all of that is a welcome addition to the market.

They really have nailed the $400 market this time. The Spark was really iffy but this thing looks nailed on. It will appeal to newcomers as well as seasoned flyers.

As for the law nonsense being touted. We all know laws can change at any time but for now DJI have the right to brag about the 249g because they achieved it.

All drones are subject to the control of the pilot. Safety should always be paramount. The worst and most dangerous thing is an out of control drone eg where VPU/ATTI and GPS randomly switch mid flight for example resulting in a total loss of control (Fimi X8). You would then potentially have a larger drone come crashing to the ground causing untold damage and injury.

The MM is looking to be a great drone.

Quote:
Yes in this price bracket the Zino 2 looks very promising indeed.

Hopefully Fimi have learnt lessons from the X8 platform this year and will come out with something a bit more developed. I think if they have any sense they will go for a much smaller platform this time and stick a low end 4K offering on it to keep it on budget.
Quote:
Nothing really to discuss here and as you say as all these topics have been covered throughout the year. This is all old news and Fimi and the programmer clearly never figured it out all year.

Moving on, the Zino 2 seemingly now appears to be the Budget Chinese drone to look out for. There also seems to be increasing talk of a Fimi Pro (or whatever it's going to be called) in 2020 elsewhere.

Let's see what 2020 brings

Quote:
Yes I agree, the problems of this drone needed to be fixed. Unfortunately the irrational defence that has been going on here has been ridiculous for months.

The truth of that matter is Fimi have not fixed this drone to perform as it should. After a year that leads to the inevitable conclusion that ship has long sailed. The team at Fimi can't fix it.

I also agree with you those that are irrationally defending it probably don't have any other comparsion or drone to compare it to. That's pretty obviuos from their comments anyway.

The Zino is however probably a better budget proposition now though. It's cheaper, flies beautifully and that team behind it have improved the camera to perfom really well now. The X8 has better spec on paper but it's a bag of indifferent rubbish as a whole. Whereas the Zino was not so great to begin with but the sum of the parts has become very impressive because the team behind it had the know how on how to get the very best out of it.

At this end of the price market it's all about budget and affordability so you pays your money and takes your chances.

If you are in it for the crapshoot you try the Fimi

If you want budget and an impressive performer the Zino

If you want known quality then 100% the MM
Quote:
LOL or else what? lol
I love keyboard commandos.

Quote:
That post doesn't count because it doesn't fit the OP shills narative.
He'll be along shortly to point that out.
The X8 certainly has the most DELUSIONAL posters.
Quote:
LOL Poke is in some more trouble, we can't quote his posts due to violations.
Guessing he's been trolling the Zino threads too.
Chickens coming home to roost!
Quote:
I have at least 45 X8 fail videos ready to post here troll.
Quote:
Your post has nothing to do with the X8, please go away and stop spamming.
Quote:
Lol, you can pretty much ID X8 videos now just by checking the horizon.

Quote:
Too many promises, too much suckage.
Quote:
Poke has been banned from his own thread, none of the rest of us have, no more be need said.
Reported.

Quote:
Looka lika ban to me lol
Troll on.
Quote:
Just report and ignore him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger Thing
The 2 posts, illustrated in the attached pics are a perfect example why, IMHO, this Forum is going downhill. When idiots can continuously troll threads without consequences, then I am just about done with this place. At this stage I don’t care anymore, if my post and above name calling gets reported. But it is how is.

So, this guy is complaining about people bringing up this Fimi drone thing. Well, surprise, surprise (well, not really actually): on November 2nd, post 60 into the thread, this guy quotes himself, introducing Fimi

While I personally have no interest in buying the Mavic Mini, I like to read about what particular drones have to offer. I also like to watch well made videos or good pics. Sadly, these posts are getting less and less.

But if you, RCGROUP, don’t take care of your forums and let idiots hijack your threads so they can blackmail competing products, hoping more sales will be made of whatever products, then you have a serious issue!

Solve it!
Dec 28, 2019, 11:53 PM
RCG Admin
Here’s a link to the site rules https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/wlist.php?do=post

If you see any posts that violate those rules, please click the report button on them to alert the moderators.
Dec 29, 2019, 12:15 AM
→ 404 Not Found
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
Here’s a link to the site rules https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/wlist.php?do=post

If you see any posts that violate those rules, please click the report button on them to alert the moderators.
Yes I know, but I have reported a number of these kind post in the past. At some point also added notes for the moderator with the question if they could keep a eye on the thread, as things where getting out of hand. Nothing changed.

I also am not that happy with reporting people constant, and I also hate to waste moderators time as I have an idea you guys have enough to do already.

But I'm sure willing to try it out again and update later.

Sample images below from a page when I had a bunch of reports handed out, when I log out it's clear the post have not been warned.
My last report last week on a member crossposting was also ignored.

My question:

Those examples as posted above, are those kind of post allowed or not?
If they are allowed I see no reason why my points should not be reverted, if all is not allowed I guess a lot more points need to be handed out?
Otherwise some members receive a different treatment than others..

Also what rule would they best fall under, when I reported I used Trolling (Obnoxious behavior)* The post is designed to annoy other users, inflate the post count of the author, describe or recommend an illegal or recklessly dangerous activity, or give advice that, if followed, would cause obvious harm.

I also have an idea reports are in first place handled automated, and maybe more than a single report is needed?
Dec 29, 2019, 08:13 AM
RCG Admin
If you report a post and nothing happens and still feel the post breaks a rule, you can make an appeal for it. Here’s the info on how that works https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ve-Been-Warned

The way the system works is a user reports a post, one of the mods will look at that singular post, decide if it breaks a rule or not and either warn it or move on. The only automated warning is a link spam warning as part of the spam prevention measures. There is no automated warning based on reports from users.
Jan 13, 2020, 10:30 AM
→ 404 Not Found
Thread OP

Follow up/

Quote:
If you report a post and nothing happens and still feel the post breaks a rule, you can make an appeal for it. Here’s the info on how that works https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ve-Been-Warned

The way the system works is a user reports a post, one of the mods will look at that singular post, decide if it breaks a rule or not and either warn it or move on. The only automated warning is a link spam warning as part of the spam prevention measures. There is no automated warning based on reports from users.
Hi Jason,

Thanks for the reply, I was already aware appeal can be made on a report.

I have left it for a few weeks, to see what would happen. My 3 latest infractions I appealed where reversed by Jim (thanks for that)

He also mentioned in the appeal:

Quote:
Let me say that if you are posting in a manner that is annoying the user base then that can be viewed as trolling.
I am going to research your posts further and would urge you to be careful moving forward to not annoy other users with your posts.
Well I agree with that.

So we went on, sadly the trolling in the Fimi threads still continues - rather sneaky and it also appears sock puppet accounts are even being made for that.

I had my first new violation received today, I was fully aware this would probably happen.
In the meantime I spend some time using the search function on the thread to collect "a few" posts for reports myself.

I don't particularly enjoy doing this, this is wasting mine and the moderators time but I felt it had to be done.

Those post that receive a report are posted below for info, also for others that read this thread.
It should be clear these posts show a "pattern" and are clearly troll postings in a manner that is annoying the user base. (Please be aware a lot of the thread users also constant complain about these guys)

These guys clearly know and knew what they where doing, so I trust that infraction points will be returned in favour to them now. Otherwise I will spend even more time on appeals.. again not something I enjoy doing but this has been going on long enough now.

Next post(s) will have the links and info, these are about 60 posts [!] and sorry but I'm going to report ALL of them.
(I left all their smileys out of the text)

To be continued..
Last edited by Justapoke; Jan 13, 2020 at 10:37 AM.
Jan 13, 2020, 10:31 AM
→ 404 Not Found
Thread OP
Part 1

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=12877

That post doesn't count because it doesn't fit the OP shills narative.
He'll be along shortly to point that out.
The X8 certainly has the most DELUSIONAL posters.

> Trolling (Personal attack)

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=12894

The iggy list is interesting, if you only want to hear good things about your purchase WHY ARE YOU EVEN HERE? Just to high-five your buddies and talk about how great you are? The other threads aren't like this one, the OP and a few others started all this crap here from the beginning, most likely due to his financial interest in the X8.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=13162

Desperation setting in I see lol, worried about your profits having a fly-away! lol
You're just making up lies now, no mention of any windspeed in the video, let alone "30+ gusts"

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=13163

I have at least 45 X8 fail videos ready to post here troll.

> Trolling (Obnoxious behavior)

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=13165

Could it be the Banggood no sales commission factor kicking in ?

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=13383

Your post has nothing to do with the X8, please go away and stop spamming.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=13500

I'm involved in at least three DJI forums here, DJI DEFINITELY have problems, but we don't seem to have affiliates shilling for thier own profit and telling us the problems don't exist so they can continue making money. No secret that the X8 person HUGELY ramped up the hate when the MM came out in his X8 cost category.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=13527

ROFLMAO!!!
A fairly standard drone promo but I don't recall any one speaking chinglish to me right off a prompter, THAT was epic lol

> Trolling (Obnoxious behavior). (Re-posting oftopic video)

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=13629

Well there's no video, so according to the fanbois it didn't happen and he's a troll.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=11966

But you ARE the one trying to bash the drone over there that will crush your sales of the X8.

Back on topic: X8 continues to fail at working properly if at all.

(Trolling) (Personal attack)

——

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=11635

If you're stuck at the $500 mark I would say it's worth saving up the extra for the Mavic Pro.

You will just get a better and more satisfying experience with the Mavic Pro.

The Fimi was a great proposition when it first came out and you could nab it for around $400.

However, hindsight is a great thing. Knowing what we know now I would say Mavic Pro all the way. The price of the headaches is not worth the saving going the Fimi route now.

> Trolling (Provocation) (Over-competition)
Constant promoting DJI while it was asked many times in the thread to stop this. Off Topic.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=11661

If the NFZ Global map update is messed up then it's certainly a massive negative.

The lack of NFZ restrictions was one of the big draws to the X8 but add that restriction onto all it's other issues then it's not a good sign.

TBH they've had a year to sort out this drone and other than a few tweaks they have really struggled to deliver what was originally promised. With all the other drone manufacturers new additions and ongoing price cuts, the Fimi is now slowly being crowded out of the market.

If Fimi had sorted out all the issues then it could have been a great drone for the price. The problem is it is now rapidly becoming an also ran.... came close but no cigar

Fasle and misleading info - trolling. (The Fimi X8 has no NFZ)

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=11668

In answer to your no, it can't currently be turned off.

The NFZ Global map update does sound like it could be more bad news but will need to be tested to see how aggressive the restrictions are.

If that's the case it will be a massive negative for the X8. A lot of people buy this drone for restriction free flying and put up with all it's other issues. So, if an aggressive NFZ is now being implemented then it really is bad news for the X8

Fasle and misleading info - trolling (The Fimi X8 has no NFZ)

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=11695

Reading the official Fimi FB page they appear to be confirming they have been developing a < 250g competitor to the Mavic Mini

Hopefully Fimi can learn from the failures of the current X8 platform and build it into the new model

The black X8 looks to be a waste of time. Hopefully they have devoted better time to developing a Mk2 X8 as well.

Fimi producing something cheap is great news for all. Hopefully Fimi also now understand that producing cheap rubbish and rushing to market is perhaps not so good

Constant promoting DJI while it was asked many times in the thread to stop this. Off Topic.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=11716

I'm afraid your posts dont seem to make sense and your approach one dimensional. You appear to make random assumptions with a considerable lack of credibility if this is the only drone you have.

Given the price I paid I also don't have any issues with my Fimi either. For me its just a cheap drone that is ok for the price. I just have other drones that are better, that's all.

The problem with the Fimi X8 is the whole experience from buying one, support and all the other associated issues continually since launch have given it a pretty bad name. The whole experience from start to finish has been tainted as rubbish and frustrating for so many people.

So producing something cheap is a good thing but producing something cheap and rubbish because you try to rush to market is not.

Hopefully Fimi have learnt their lessons from the X8 platform this year

> Trolling (Provocation) (Over-competition) (+ Personal attack)
Jan 13, 2020, 10:32 AM
→ 404 Not Found
Thread OP
Part 2

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=11901

I doubt the X8 will have much of a resale value. That's an area DJI are always streets ahead. Someone is always willing to buy a DJI and they hold their prices extremely well.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=11916

..... and you massively over inflate and exaggerate

> Trolling (Provocation) (Personal attack)

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=11918

I've been noticing that GPS quality has become a bit ropey. Calibration has become more hit than miss.

If you rotate horizontally the app never asks to rotate vertically and after a while it says calibration failed. What I have found if I rotate it 3 times horizontally then just rotate it 3 times vertically (even thought the app is still saying horizontally) then it says success.

At the moment I'm keeping mine grounded until newer FW comes out. The GPS drop out and VPU/ATTI mode problems could happen at anytime during flight and not worth the risk.

Fasle and misleading info - trolling (The Fimi X8 has no known GPS problems)

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=11925

What's that got to do with this thread or the GPS problem on the latest Fimi FW?

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=11949

Of course it won't be a disappointment. It's DJI and already got massive interest and following.

We all know you badly want one and we all know it's going to be a huge commercial success

Fimi X8 & Banggood simply cannot provide the service and product that DJI can. It's no competition and a mismatch. The Fimi X8 has been out a year and simply failed to live up to the promises and hype. Far too many problems and unreliable Gearbest, Aliexpress and Banggood etc etc

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=11956

Yep and is posting an awful lot of Mavi Mini stuff in this thread as well.

I reckon he's finally ordered one, that can be the only reason

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=11965

Yes quite a few are having similar problems with this latest FW.

It's become a bit of a stuggle to get a good Compass Calbration recently as well. I've grounded mine for the time being until the next FW as the current issues make it high risk at the moment.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=11968

I'm afraid those odds are not decent nor are they acceptable. If a product is faulty or problematic you should be getting 100% support.

50:50 means you have to correspond with the likes of Banggood and Fimi at arms length, send things back to China and wait.....and wait.....and wait

Then if somehow you do get a drone back and load it with latest FW there's nothing to say you will end up with another host of issues.

So, you may have no option to be patient right now but there are plenty who have walked that road before and have had enough. It's not acceptable as the product was never fit for market to begin with.

The DJI Mavic Mini @ $400 is a different proposition altogether. It will largely be headache free and be a massive success with all the DJI Global support imaginable.

As for paychecks then you may need to actually check who on this thread is getting paid by sponsors and affiliates

> Trolling (Provocation) (Over-competition) (personal attack)

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=11984

I totally agree. This thing just hasn't got the quality and serious issues are just not being addressed or simply ignored.

Part of the problem is as you say novice minds that either don't even own this drone or don't own anything else to compare it with. It's either disputing the flaws or pretending they don't exist or its a Banggood sales thread.

Comparisons to other drones especially DJI Mavic Pro are totally justified. Reason being the X8 attempted to be an unashamed clone of the Mavi Pro on which it was based and inspired right from the launch.

Now a year after that, with all the X8 problems some people here don't want to accept the reverse of that. The X8 has badly failed to live up to the DJI beating hyperbole it was launched with.

If you look at the Hubsan Zino. It started off not so great but with FW updates throughout the year Hubsan has made it into a pretty decent drone. Now compare that to the Fimi X8 situation which has gone the other way

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=11986

I think much of that is compounded on this thread as there are a lot of people having serious issues with the drone and as 'actual' owners then come here looking for or hoping for solutions and developments. The latest FW looks to be a disaster, one step forwards and about ten back

However, the normal pattern on this thread is a serious issue question will be raised here and then be followed up by a number of 'wonderful flight you tube videos' and suddenly new banggood vouchers discount codes will appear.

Its as if the problem never exists and will then be ignored. Ignoring never resolves an issue.

The affiliation to sponsors appears to be strong

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=12006

With the latest FW I have significant GPS lock problems. Calibration has become problematic and erratic and it never used to be on earlier FW's and even when I have had a successful calbration recently (after a lot of headache on this FW) I have simply now decided to ground the drone until we get to the bottom of the VPU/ATTI problems.

The risk of GPS dropout is high and I suspect they are all related issues to what others have experienced during flight recently. Random GPS dropouts.

You're right 10 steps back is not enough. A drone that is not fit to fly is 20 steps back....in fact no longer fit for purpose

Camera, horizon and tilt issues have never been resolved on this drone.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=12055

If you think that's funny, there's clearly no hope when the Chief Programmer at Fimi can't even count to 3

Fasle and misleading info - trolling (Attached image does not show all info)

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=12078

You know if you want a code that's never really worked properly this year, its in the Fimi Navi app

No: #pL, gpS,"NfZ, !fW?

Even the Chinese Government gave up on it

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=12093

Thank you for translating!

TBH the Fimi X8's true comparison is vs the Mavic Pro.

The Mini's price is the main factor at this end of the market.

I know Alessandro gave the X8 a very favourable review last year but this was his comment when someone asked him straight which one was better. It was the only reply in English !

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=12101

It depends if the Fimi programmers are able to multi-task on legacy products or not.

There's no reason why they couldn't keep the X8SE and release a mini X8. A mini would more affect the A3 sales.

If not, then like the Mi4K I reckon they may just move on pretty quick. Hopefully they will at least take all the lessons learnt off the X8 platform and put them into the mini X8 development.

As for the Mavic Mini, heard so many great things about it already. If it flies like a true Mavic that's a hell of an achievement.

I've got a FMC reserved for pick up and will be back in the country soon. Can't wait

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=12102

Just so you know, there is NO PL mentioned in any of the Mini adds that I have seen, the landing bullseyes you have seen were just good DJI GPS progging. Also if you plan on using a tablet make sure you pick up a cable with USB Micro at both ends, there is no large USB port on the Mini controller which I'm kinda beefed about, almost every new drone or tablet has meant a new cable or adapter for me.
P.S. the M89 and Mi4 pads fit in the controller :-).

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=12105

Why didn't you guys post something useful ?

IF you go to the Mini threads you'll see plenty of posts by Poke trashing the Mini over the X8.

Jan 13, 2020, 10:32 AM
→ 404 Not Found
Thread OP
Part 3

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=12149

The Mavic Mini Fly More Combo Official US price is $499.

Just buy it from DJI legit. No need to pay more than that.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=12178

It shouldn't be doing that at +6deg at all.

Contact Fimi and try adjusting gain sensitivity like the other poster described.

I think anything under 10deg C then jello becomes suspect on the X8.

Now that the weather is cooling down we can see if this is going to become another problem for the X8

> Trolling (Provocation) (False and misleading info)

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=12181

That is just poor quality control.

I doubt they actually check the drones before they send out either.

> Trolling (Provocation)

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=12197

Yes some good points there. That's not a good design and you are right, the arm could also snap backwards on an impact.

Here is a good design, probably more the 360 design and what you are looking for ? I don't think there is anything similar for the X8 though.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=12252

Yes totally agree why all the tests ?

There's always something cropping up every week at the moment.

Looks like the cold weather is now to blame

> Trolling (Provocation)

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=12266

I agree. Testing and risking like this is just not worth it. Problems like this the straightforward sensible thing is just ground the thing and try get it resolved rather than risk the drone.

However, from his postings below he appears to be testing because he has had the issues himself to begin with and is trying to get to the bottom of it. Maybe he can expand further ?

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=11776

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=11778

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=11812

Same again for the cold battery thing, reading his test post looks like it's another thing he has had the issue himself I guess.

> Trolling (Provocation)

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=12280

Hi, I also have ESC 1016 showing on FW1059H. There are known to be various models of the X8 out there. No one can really pinpoint the issues to what models are affected by what FW unfortunately. Fimi don't openly divulge that knowledge either.

As for the low temperature warning a number of users are now reporting this elsewhere as well and have noted the X8 will not fly in low temperatures. The operating spec for the drone is 0 - 40 Deg C so refusing to take off at 10 - 15 deg is very odd. This should be well within it's spec so it's either a faulty machine, sensor issue or a bug in the firmware.

In his video you will see the voltage on cell 3 drops lower than the other 2 cells. This could be just be a temporary draw thing or it could be that cell is being affected by the temperature. So it could also be a faulty battery.

One thing is for sure, when it comes to UAV's safety is paramount. You must act responsibly and not fly your aircraft until you are satisfied it is ok to fly. Things like weak GPS lock, faulty battery etc. then you really should not fly the machine until you are sure the problem is resolved

> Trolling (Provocation) (False and misleading info - cell voltage / GPS “problems” and “faulty” battery)

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=12476

DJI are able to provide global and expedited services.

Fimi I would imagine 6 weeks being the norm.

DJI also have 'Refresh' which gives peace of mind should anything happen to your drone.

As for parts, accessories and availability then DJI would win that hands down.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=12502

So support wise then it would have to be DJI due to their global and unparalled presence.

There's been a couple of YT direct comparisons from long term experienced X8 owners. To cut to the chase both went for the Mavic Mini but YMMV dependent on what you are actually after.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=12569

Yes correct the X8 did in fact try to emulate the Mavic Pro form factor at a cheaper price point.

Unfortunately the X8 has never really been able to compete with the Mav Pro so that argument was muted very early on. There was no sensible comparison there to be had.

However, the X8 then went on and tried to forge itself a market at a lower price point. It's had a very up and down first year and the FW improvements and support have been generally slow, frustrating and poor. It has however for all it's flaws, retained the budget value appeal.

The MM has now come along and really upset the low price bracket apple cart somewhat. It's a minature drone that has all the DJI DNA pumped into a tiny craft that flies beautifully. It's the DJI trademark and flying characteristics that sets it off.

€499 buys you a drone, 3 batteries, case, prop guards and you are immediately buying into DJI know how and support. So those that couldn't really afford a DJI Mavic Pro to begin with and went the Fimi route now have a drone with DJI pedigree that they can afford.

There's more YT comparisons coming about but as you can see the little wonder from DJI simply cannot be ignored. It shouldn't even be in the equation but the reality is, it is. You pays your money and takes your choice.

The MM is a minature drone that punches way above it's weight and with proven DJI investment and support it will only improve and very, very quickly.

Fimi X8 has it's work cut out now. The Fimi team really need to pull their finger out now otherwise there is only going to be one winner here.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=12574

It is what it is. Nothing is ever fair and at this end of the market people will vote with their pockets.

I imagine DJI will sell more MM's before Xmas than Fimi sold in a whole year. That's price and demand for you.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=12655

Unfortunately this is part of the risk with this drone and why so many do not 'trust' it so much. You never know if you are going to get an ok one or a lemon. Also you never know what it is going to do every flight. You just have to hold your breath every time and that is not how drone flying should be.

Best thing to do is send it back and try get a replacement and see how that goes. If you encounter problems again then get rid of it as it doesn't sound quite for you.

Lastly a lot of people have been in the hope of a future major update fix since it 's launch. I would totally give up on that front. The chief programmer at Fimi can't even count

Of all the budget drones the one that has the most competent team behind it is the Hubsan Zino. They have transformed that drone and shown how firmware improvements make all the difference in under one year.

Defo worth looking at, for a bargain price and this guy will tell you this is much better value than the Fimi

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=12657

It will not take off if the battery is under 11C.

I also noticed in cold weather it's GPS recognition/locks takes a little more time. The Fimi picked up 13 Sats whereas my Anafi and Mav Pro picked up quite a few more in the same conditions.

I think the Fimi struggles in cold weather. This is just the latest issue on top of everything else this year.

I think if you buy this drone you just have to be ready and willing accept you have wriiten off the money and fly with abandon. If it works great, then just enjoy it. If it bombs and crashes then oh well it was cheap enough and just start complaining to Fimi.

If you adopt those attitudes then you will be fine. If you expect it to perform to consistent standards or you have an established expectation then I would advise against this drone.

For all the discount vouchers that go around this drone is really not cheap enough. Certianly not in this current market since the MM has arrived. The Fimi batteries should really cost no more than $40 each and the drone should not cost much more than the Zino.

Personally I don't think it justifies any higher price than that now. Fimi have had a year to sort things out and if Hubsan can do it then there really is no excuse for the X8 now.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=12701

Yes I agree, the problems of this drone needed to be fixed. Unfortunately the irrational defence that has been going on here has been ridiculous for months.

The truth of that matter is Fimi have not fixed this drone to perform as it should. After a year that leads to the inevitable conclusion that ship has long sailed. The team at Fimi can't fix it.

I also agree with you those that are irrationally defending it probably don't have any other comparsion or drone to compare it to. That's pretty obviuos from their comments anyway.

The Zino is however probably a better budget proposition now though. It's cheaper, flies beautifully and that team behind it have improved the camera to perfom really well now. The X8 has better spec on paper but it's a bag of indifferent rubbish as a whole. Whereas the Zino was not so great to begin with but the sum of the parts has become very impressive because the team behind it had the know how on how to get the very best out of it.

At this end of the price market it's all about budget and affordability so you pays your money and takes your chances.

If you are in it for the crapshoot you try the Fimi

If you want budget and an impressive performer the Zino

If you want known quality then 100% the MM

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=12703

So, it's had a year to do it. The disappointing thing is that it hasn't and probably never will now. They've missed the boat really.

After a year they introduce a black variant that is simply no different to the original whereas the more important thing was to fix the whole platform.

I think Fimi will probably ditch this bird soon and introduce a Mk2 rather than try go back and fix the original. We already know they are concentrating on something to try compete with a MM.

In the meantime I imagine they will keep pumping discount codes to keep selling the X8 off. I agree $320 for this drone is about right

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=12746

Sometimes they just use the public as their beta testers

> Trolling (Provocation)

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=12760

In the UK the Anafi is now £539 and the Yuneec Mantis G is £549 and the Mavic Mini Combo £459

The price of the X8 is simply too high now. Far too much competition from all the established brand drones around it.

If the Hubsan is €200 now then that is a total bargain.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=12764

So price is a relative thing and market prices move all the time. A lot of factors make up VFM and you have to factor in you are dealing with China and support at distance here as well.

The price of the Fimi was a welcome suprise last year. The market this year is a bit more competitive now I'm afraid. The price of the MM has shaken up this end of the market and other brands have started to adjust their prices accordingly. It's standard competitive market pressure.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=12998

I think if I recall that guy spoke favourably on the Zino back then ?

The Zino 2 is about to be announced tomorrow. $399, 4k 60FPS, Ambarella H22, 33min battery and 6km range being the standouts.

The original Zino made so much improvements during this year it was quite remarkable so this Zino 2 could well be some drone.

The budget market is seriously heating up now.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/report.php?p=43353177

So the Zino 2 is a new model and the Ambarella H22 is capable of 4k 60FPS at 100mbits and that sensor should be good for low light shots. 33 min flight time, obstacle sensors, 6km range and it weigh quite a bit more than the original H117s.

The Hubsan team have done some really good work this year, demonstrating how to support a product and improve it no end.

The Fimi X8 has been looking a bit tired in the current market for quite a while now and it is far too expensive. On top of which it's had a troubled year and Fimi have been floundering for solutions for ages. They simply haven't or haven't been able to step up.

Given the cold weather issue is quite topical here at the moment the Zino 2 can operate at -10C to +40C

It's launching at $399 which with it's highly impressive spec kind of squeezes out the X8. The MM has completely shaken up this end of the $400 market and Hubsan appear to the first budget brand to offer up a notable response.

Pre-orders already being taken

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=13024

The new remote has a built in screen and the range is now up to 6km.

The Zino 2 is a whole new level at $399. Very good spec for that price and they seem to have built on the improvements they made on the Zino this year.

It should mean a ready made, proven and very capable drone. Along with a team that supported it. Lets see but the signs are ominous for the X8. Launches today so Hubsan have not been hanging around.

I cant see the Fimi X8 has got much of a future now anyway. Way too expensive and a bit too late to fire the Fimi programmer at this stage. No point investing too much in FW now after whole of last year of not supporting it adequately. You wont get any big fixes coming from Fimi.

The reality is you cant hang about in this market. The MM at $400 was a massive sign of intent. Hubsan with this new model at only $399 completely supercedes the X8 and makes it look like a dead duck in the market now.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=13478

I'm afraid your statement doesn't even make sense. You are clearly one of those non-believers that claims this drone doesn't have problems all of which have been prevalently discussed across many platforms throughout the year.

If you can't accept that this drone does indeed have it's fair share of problems then perhaps move on yourself ? I can't see you've offered up any meaningful solutions.

This is an owners thread and all are welcome to make comment good or bad.

> Trolling (Provocation) (Personal attack - makes ONLY bad (and mostly misleading) comments)

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=13482

Nothing really to discuss here and as you say as all these topics have been covered throughout the year. This is all old news and Fimi and the programmer clearly never figured it out all year.

Moving on, the Zino 2 seemingly now appears to be the Budget Chinese drone to look out for. There also seems to be increasing talk of a Fimi Pro (or whatever it's going to be called) in 2020 elsewhere.

Let's see what 2020 brings

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=13484

It's in the Open Category but it looks like it could fall into C2/A2 transitional class sub category A2.

It's weight is over the 900g but not sure where it stands with the 80 Joules energy as 72KPH translates to 44.7mph. They could play around with the speed to try drop it into C1

This is why DJI were ahead of the game and the MM is so popular. We just have to wait and see what happens in 2020 and how it pans out for the rest of the drones.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=13490

DJI are simply always ahead of the game. They nail a product and they are the drone industry. Some people find that hard to accept. It is what it is, get over it.

I think Fimi will try come out with a MM rival at some point in 2020. Alexander Lau has already alluded to Fimi development on a rival product underway.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=13507

Yes in this price bracket the Zino 2 looks very promising indeed.

Hopefully Fimi have learnt lessons from the X8 platform this year and will come out with something a bit more developed. I think if they have any sense they will go for a much smaller platform this time and stick a low end 4K offering on it to keep it on budget.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=13520

The Zino 2 sports the Ambarella H22S75 which can deliver 4k 60FPS. At this price point that feature alone is going to take some beating and Hubsan do appear to have had a competent and motivated development team behind improving the Zino this year.

Lease 2.0 and 6Km range sounds interesting as does the remote. I think there were some complaints that the sticks on the original controller felt a little cheap but this one looks to be a new controller.

You never know until this thing comes out but it's certainly an aggressive move from Hubsan.

2020 should be an interesting year for drone enthusiasts

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=13783

Drone never seemed to have a good GPS lock even though you took it up quite high. It should have locked on to more sats than that really.

Also noticed in your video your battery that Cell 2 is your weakest and the temp of your battery was rising before it crashed.

Contact Fimi and ask them the exact reasons why they won't replace it.

> Trolling (Provocation) (False and misleading info about battery cell and temperature)
Jan 13, 2020, 10:53 AM
RCG Admin
You can't report posts here. You need to click the report button on each post to do that.
Jan 13, 2020, 11:13 AM
→ 404 Not Found
Thread OP
Done, all of them reported.

Sorry about that (the large amount) but I'm interested if these will be handled the same or are ignored again.

I do hope something is done about it this time, and things can go to normal again.
Jan 13, 2020, 11:14 AM
→ 404 Not Found
Thread OP
Quote:
You can't report posts here. You need to click the report button on each post to do that.
Yes I was aware of that, I have reported them all now.
Jan 13, 2020, 11:24 AM
→ 404 Not Found
Thread OP
Interesting to point out is one of the last posts in the thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaF
Brushless motors aren't a component prone to wearing. Even the cheaper ones. This is the reason why they are used in fan systems that spin nonstop.

And these kinds of motors could be used to handle way higher electric wattage to be applied in situation where much more power is needed.

To be honest at the start I have thought this thread has some fanboysm problem, now I'm seriously starting to think that there is some interest to create false flags against this drone.

Some messages are very suspicious.
(Also, I have noticed that Ekkostar has said that Fimi X8 hasn't a cooling fan in the YouTube discussion…. how someone that owns X8 could not notice the cooling fan noise and air that is spitted out by the drone?)

Quick Reply