Apr 05, 2020, 07:18 PM
Canberra Girl
Thread OP
Hi gang. Can anyone give me a primer on how to read the part letters for the Park Scale Canberra. I figured out the nacelles easily and mostly understand the wing parts, but I am getting confused about the fuselage formers and stringers.

Stay safe and healthy in these trying times.

Rosie
to remove ads between posts
Apr 05, 2020, 09:42 PM
Pro Hoarder
Hi Rosie
I think most of them are in my build thread. Think like a clock..Example the top is f13A next clockwise would be F13B and so on
Latest blog entry: In flight
Apr 06, 2020, 01:08 PM
Canberra Girl
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbonut
Hi Rosie
I think most of them are in my build thread. Think like a clock..Example the top is f13A next clockwise would be F13B and so on
Thank you Scott. Hope you are safe.

Rosie
Apr 06, 2020, 04:56 PM
Hello Scott
Zeke did not include a canopy with his kits. Where did you get yours from?
Thanks!
Mike
Apr 06, 2020, 08:25 PM
Pro Hoarder
Hello Mike. I made a plug then pulled my canopy. I sent one to Parkflyer plastics to make parts for Zeke. I will post back here after I talk to Kieth about making them available
Apr 06, 2020, 09:03 PM
Thank you!!!!!
Apr 07, 2020, 11:49 AM
Canberra Girl
Thread OP
Quote:
Hi Rosie
I understand the clockwise reading of A B C, what I meant about the letter/numbering is the first letters, ie, BF4. The BF has me confused. F4 I understand being the 4th former from the front. Also the L I assume is longerons. The landing gear and wing locator letters and numbers are pretty easy to understand. It's fuselage formers I don't get exactly. I've read your build instructions and they are very good, thank you.

Rosie
Apr 07, 2020, 04:48 PM
Pro Hoarder
Hi Rosie
I need to check but I think the B is for the battery hatch ..
Yes I checked and the BF formers are for the top battery hatch BF1 Starts just behind fuse former 3
Last edited by turbonut; Apr 07, 2020 at 05:19 PM.
Apr 07, 2020, 07:30 PM
Canberra Girl
Thread OP
Quote:
Hi Rosie
I need to check but I think the B is for the battery hatch ..
Yes I checked and the BF formers are for the top battery hatch BF1 Starts just behind fuse former 3
Thank you Scott.

Be safe.
Rosie
Apr 18, 2020, 01:04 PM
Canberra Girl
Thread OP
Hello:
I hope everyone is safe and healthy in these trying times.

I've been working on the Park Scale Canberra for the last weeks. I find it well designed and stable in the dry fit. I am so used to die cut balsa being loose, sometimes I wonder if I've installed a part correctly, it fits so well. At this point I have the fan housings installed but not glued in place. For me, I did find the fuselage a bit challenging but with slow assembly and a lot of test fitting it went together really nice. One mistake I did make was assembling the longerons and gluing them before finding there wasn't a lot of wiggle room for the formers. If I were to start again, I think I would have assembled them in stages starting from the front to back. Building the wing box for the retracts, I have run into a slight snag. The photos show wing spars at the rear and front but the end clearance seems to be about 3/16ths longer than it should be. I've looked through all of Scott's photos and the assembly guide and can't seem to find if I made an error building the landing gear box.
Also I did get a set of retracts that fit perfectly in the LG boxes. I found them on Motion R/C and they seem to be able to carry the total weight of the finished Canberra. They are sold by Freewing. They have the same dimensions as the E-Flites and were $45.00 shipped instead of $130.00 from Horizon.

1) Nose gear, Freewing Electronic Nose Retract with 4.1mm Shaft Type B $13.90

2) Metal N521 Freewing Landing Gear Steering Arm Type B - Metal $3.49

3) Wing gear, Freewing Electronic Retract for 4.1mm Diameter Shafts - Type A $23.80 for 2 retracts. ($11.90 each)

We are doing well. That's all from here for the moment.

Rosie
Apr 18, 2020, 01:46 PM
I'm glad to hear you're doing well.

Thank you for the parts list for the gear. What are you using for the struts?
Latest blog entry: TopFlite DC3
Apr 18, 2020, 04:18 PM
Pro Hoarder
HI Rosie,
Glad you are making some progress. If you are talking about the spar caps they do extend past the wing root. I think one of them will need to be sanded off before you assemble the nacelles to the wings. On the struts keep them short..Long legs wont fit on this bird..If all goes well I will have canopies next Monday
Also PM me your email address. I can send you some files on the build guide
Apr 18, 2020, 05:23 PM
Canberra Girl
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by atreis
I'm glad to hear you're doing well.

Thank you for the parts list for the gear. What are you using for the struts?
The struts will be piano wire with brass overlayed. I've done this before and it makes a strong strut. If I can get some aluminum tubes, I may attempt to make a shock absorber looking strut using JB Weld as an adhesive. Not sure about them yet. I would have photos but my camera died on me. I'm waiting to get a new one when I get that stimulus check, just not sure when.

Rosie
Apr 18, 2020, 05:24 PM
Canberra Girl
Thread OP
Quote:
HI Rosie,
Glad you are making some progress. If you are talking about the spar caps they do extend past the wing root. I think one of them will need to be sanded off before you assemble the nacelles to the wings. On the struts keep them short..Long legs wont fit on this bird..If all goes well I will have canopies next Monday
Also PM me your email address. I can send you some files on the build guide
Thank you Scott.

Rosie
May 01, 2020, 04:35 PM
Hello Rosie
I finally got started on my kit.
Did you notice that the notches on NF8 where NL2C fit are off center? Luckily I was able to remove it and fix the notches before I glued it in. I wonder what other surprises are in store.
Mike

Quick Reply