Jan 10, 2020, 01:02 AM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gory57
Thanks B/C for info. I like old school also. But how do I make the 7.4 V work ? Or will the 4 x AA give a long flight? Thanks for all the help plus the help before. I purchase a Sail plane from Flite Test and putting it together. I just want to say Happy New Year to you and family. I will look to see if Hi tec transmitter can be use in a flight simulation. Bye Greg
The acceptable voltage range for the receiver is 4.8v minimum to 7.4v maximum , so you'll be safe using a 6v battery since 6v falls within that range .

The 4 x AA holder with fresh AA batteries in it will give you several long flights , since it will only be powering a receiver and two servos . To be safe , check the voltage level of the 4 AA batteries before flight .

So you are building a FliteTest Simple Soarer ?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 10, 2020, 05:13 PM
new RC Sailplane owner
Thread OP
Yes you are right and going good, the servos came in an wow they are small. I think they will work for the other Sailplane too. When my foam plane came in the fuse had dents to it but I will work them out . This will be one lite SailPlane to fly. Photos will be later. Thanks for the help and will go with AA or AAA to help the CG on the plane. God Bless
Jan 10, 2020, 06:00 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gory57
Yes you are right and going good, the servos came in an wow they are small. I think they will work for the other Sailplane too. When my foam plane came in the fuse had dents to it but I will work them out . This will be one lite SailPlane to fly. Photos will be later. Thanks for the help and will go with AA or AAA to help the CG on the plane. God Bless
To keep the small servos from over-stressing : connect the pushrods to the inner hole on the servo arm , and to the outer hole on the control horn .

Keeping the glider lightweight is a good thing , it will fly better/slower .

I'm not sure the AA battery holder will hold AAA batteries securely , I would stick with AA for peace of mind . If you are concerned with the width of the AA holder , you can get longer narrower holders :
https://sciencekitstore.com/battery-...-long-plastic/
Last edited by balsa or carbon; Jan 10, 2020 at 06:12 PM.

Quick Reply