Jan 22, 2020, 11:04 AM
Chef Pilot: Planes vs Butter
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
The Kakute F7 HDV can plug right into the DJI Air Unit, but also has plenty of free UART to connect a seperate receiver. I am using the same board with R-XSR, just like mdv reported. Works totally fine.
Okay... I've got the FrSkyR-XSR on order.
How do I connect it to the Kakute FC?
I see that Cinewhoop came with a wiring harness but it looks like it has 6+ pins on it but the R-XSR has 5 pins.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 23, 2020, 07:47 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoDiablo View Post
Okay... I've got the FrSkyR-XSR on order.
How do I connect it to the Kakute FC?
I see that Cinewhoop came with a wiring harness but it looks like it has 6+ pins on it but the R-XSR has 5 pins.

I just soldered the SBUS wire to one of the free UART solder pads, red to 5V, and black to ground. Afaik the only thing that plugs into the FC, is the DJI unit, and the ESC. So that 6+ pin harness is not for any receiver. I can make a picture of my Kopis 2HDV, if you want.
Jan 23, 2020, 09:08 AM
Quote:
I just soldered the SBUS wire to one of the free UART solder pads, red to 5V, and black to ground. Afaik the only thing that plugs into the FC, is the DJI unit, and the ESC. So that 6+ pin harness is not for any receiver. I can make a picture of my Kopis 2HDV, if you want.
Pictures speak a thousand words.
That would be greatly appreciated.
Jan 23, 2020, 05:04 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Pictures speak a thousand words.
That would be greatly appreciated.

No problem, here's how I wired up the receiver in the Kopis 2 HDV:

Jan 26, 2020, 04:18 PM
Fly'em like you Stole'em
Its kinda funny the expense of this stuff and then they cant even give you anything other than a coke bottle lens protector
Jan 28, 2020, 04:29 PM
Well arighty dighty...
It's been highly advised that I load up the VelociDrone simulator just to see how what FPV life is like... So I did.
And after about 1 hour on this sim, it's been demonstrated that I'm gonna need a least 12 more hours of sim time before I even think about stepping inside my little cinewhoop.
Velocidrone is mainly for FPV racing and there doesn't seem to be a beginner/self-leveling mode so I'm learning the hard way which is guess is better for me in the long run.

Til then...
Jan 28, 2020, 05:23 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
You’ll be a much better pilot starting out like that anyway. Have fun!
Jan 29, 2020, 09:32 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Just ordered mine.
Jason, I hope it's everything it's cracked up to be!
Did you get your Cinewhoop yet ? I ordered mine today from Race Day Quad’s and I asked if it came with carrying case, although the guy that answered the phone sounded like a moron he said they didn’t come with a carrying case. I was wondering If yours came with the case .
Jan 29, 2020, 10:25 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Did you order it with the Air Unit? Not sure if that matters, but mine came with the case from HolyBro.
Jan 30, 2020, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole View Post
Did you order it with the Air Unit? Not sure if that matters, but mine came with the case from HolyBro.
Yes... just no goggles, yet. That's in February's budget.

This Velocidrone is proving to be very useful.
Horizon and Angle modes are super inhibitive while Rate mode is completely unlocked. It takes some getting used to.
It's like learning to fly all over again.
Mar 05, 2020, 04:50 AM
Does anyone have improved PIDs for this?
Mar 05, 2020, 09:39 AM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Stock ones seem to work great for me. Never felt like I needed to mess with them.
Mar 05, 2020, 01:30 PM
Goggles in.
Rx needs to be soldered in.
Hopefully this weekend
Mar 07, 2020, 11:11 AM
Quote:
No problem, here's how I wired up the receiver in the Kopis 2 HDV:

Done!
Thank you very much!