Mar 10, 2020, 06:32 PM
Chef Pilot: Planes vs Butter
She flies!
Finally, stupid me, I RTFM...
Everything works and I've had 7 flights thus far, 6 LOS and 1 FPV.
Can't wait to do more!
to remove ads between posts
Mar 11, 2020, 03:46 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoDiablo
She flies!
Finally, stupid me, I RTFM...
Everything works and I've had 7 flights thus far, 6 LOS and 1 FPV.
Can't wait to do more!

Sounds like you are having good fun with it. Still keeping fingers crossed getting to try one of these, but communication with Holybro, and many companies in China, is not that great yet, probably because of the virus situation still affecting daily business.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Mar 11, 2020, 10:58 AM
Yes, I’m definitely having fun!
Just started flying in “rate” mode and now I’m ready to to have many flights around my house. Luckily I have about 5 acres to fly around. Perfect for learning this new-to-me aspect of RC.
The DJI goggles are spectacular.
I’ve always hated the glitchy-ness of analog video that I’ve seen so this digital DJI world has finally turned me around to FPV.
Mar 14, 2020, 04:37 PM
After 10 more flights and letting my field buddies have a go at her, I'm quite happy about this quad and I can grow into it's capabilities.
I've had about 3 crashes, 7 hard landings (all on grass) and I've busted all of the ducts and am now flying without them until the new ones arrive on the slow boat from China. Still flies great. I'd still like to have the ducts in place, though.
I'm getting about 5.5 minutes on a 1550mah Tattu lipo and 6 minutes on an 1800mah Thunder Power. She flies kinda piggish on the 1800 but the 6 minute flight is good for stick time.
If I find that I'm breaking ducts left and right, then I might consider exchanging the guts of this Kopis Cinewhoop and plopping them into the Daitone Taycan... mainly for design reasons.
The ducts are hard plastic and crack easily on the Kopis whereas on the Taycan they are protected by it's CF frame and foam rubber.

Is this doable?
Mar 14, 2020, 04:49 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Not sure, maybe. The ducts on the Kopis are 3D Printed and those with printers can easily make more ducts on the cheap.
Mar 14, 2020, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
Not sure, maybe. The ducts on the Kopis are 3D Printed and those with printers can easily make more ducts on the cheap.
I thought about that but I would need access to a 3d printer. Some on Amazon are less than $200 but are they any good?
There's one at the public library but I'm not sure how long it'll take to print even 1 duct.
Just doing the math, so far I've paid $45 for 4 sets of ducts.
If I crush these ducts quickly, then I may consider getting a 3D printer.... or I'll just get a Taycon frame and see what happens.
Last edited by ChinoDiablo; Mar 14, 2020 at 05:25 PM.
Mar 24, 2020, 07:20 PM
I have about 40 flights without duct and Iím having a blast.
Luckily I can fly in my backyard which gives me a consistent place to hone basic flying skills.
Only problem right now is my Cinewhoop is starting to look like my lawnmower.
Whatís the best way to clean this?
Iím guessing Iím gonna need to take her apart.
Apr 09, 2020, 02:47 AM
Anyone having been in contact with Holybro the past 3 weeks? I am no longer getting reply on mail...
Apr 17, 2020, 02:50 PM
I’m a fixed wing guy and just decided to grab one of these with the Goggles and Tx setup. I fly mostly giant scale gas and electric, turbines, and foamies. I have been using CHNL and Turnigy Graphene packs in my planes and jets. Good to go with the same here or is there a different option I should look at. I was thinking the 1600mah Turnigy Panther square pack.
Apr 17, 2020, 02:51 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Should work. Fits a wide range of packs.
Apr 17, 2020, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
Should work. Fits a wide range of packs.
Thanks. What are you using?
Apr 17, 2020, 02:58 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
A mix of Pulse 1350 -1800 4S packs I've had for awhile.
Apr 19, 2020, 08:42 AM
Bought the DJI FPV system around Christmas. Merry Christmas to me! Got it with the goggles and two air units (no remote)... had it lying around forever wondering what would be the perfect airplane for it. Fast forward to lockdown and I figured I needed something to test out in the street/cul-de-sac.

Never been a huge quad guy... I've tried similar FPV ships with analog but hated it. Bought the HolyBro on a whim and wow... what a difference HD makes. Finally able to fly FPV quads! I love my Mavic and Spark but this is a whole new kind of flying.

So far I've flown on cheap 1300 4S. Not getting the kind of flight times I wanted. I'm getting the low voltage alarm on the quad about 2.5 minutes into easy flight. Is that normal? I can fly it around 4 min and land safely (3.7-3.8) but hate hearing the alarm going off. I calibrated the voltage in Betaflight last night - hope that helps a little. I have some Pulse 4S 1800's I can try.

My only other issue has been... the front left motor sometimes doesn't turn after I plug in the battery. I have to unplug and start the quad over to get all 4 motors to run. Never seen that on a quad. All the factory solder joints look good on the ESC.

Anyway... just thought I'd chime in and add another use to the group. Still trying to locate the perfect FPV airplane. Not a fan of wings - being a full scale pilot all my life I like having a reference point on the aircraft itself. So I kind of want a cockpit like experience. I bought the FMS Fox 3m glider thinking that would be a hoot... it's so huge. Now I want to find something smaller and easier to drag out to the field.

Thanks for reading this far...
Apr 19, 2020, 01:43 PM
Alarm sounding early sounds like a battery that has a lot of voltage sag. A better battery might help, or you can set the warning value a little lower. But if you do, make sure to increase it again if you use better batteries, so you don't drain these too far.

A motor not starting sometimes is not normal. But do you mean the motor won't start to turn when you arm, and increase throttle, or you mean when you hear the chime sounds, when plugging in the battery? In that phase, the motors can briefly move, but it's not mandatory.
Apr 20, 2020, 10:05 AM
In Betaflight, I disabled the beeping on the Battery alarm and go by mAh consumed on the OSD as my indicator of when to land.
With a 1550, sometimes it's 4:45 and sometimes it's 6:30 depending on how I'm flying but I'm always bringing it with about 20% left in the tank.

Quick Reply