Thread Tools
Jan 22, 2020, 11:04 AM
Chef Pilot: Planes vs Butter
ChinoDiablo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
The Kakute F7 HDV can plug right into the DJI Air Unit, but also has plenty of free UART to connect a seperate receiver. I am using the same board with R-XSR, just like mdv reported. Works totally fine.
Okay... I've got the FrSkyR-XSR on order.
How do I connect it to the Kakute FC?
I see that Cinewhoop came with a wiring harness but it looks like it has 6+ pins on it but the R-XSR has 5 pins.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 23, 2020, 07:47 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoDiablo
Okay... I've got the FrSkyR-XSR on order.
How do I connect it to the Kakute FC?
I see that Cinewhoop came with a wiring harness but it looks like it has 6+ pins on it but the R-XSR has 5 pins.

I just soldered the SBUS wire to one of the free UART solder pads, red to 5V, and black to ground. Afaik the only thing that plugs into the FC, is the DJI unit, and the ESC. So that 6+ pin harness is not for any receiver. I can make a picture of my Kopis 2HDV, if you want.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Jan 23, 2020, 09:08 AM
Chef Pilot: Planes vs Butter
ChinoDiablo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
I just soldered the SBUS wire to one of the free UART solder pads, red to 5V, and black to ground. Afaik the only thing that plugs into the FC, is the DJI unit, and the ESC. So that 6+ pin harness is not for any receiver. I can make a picture of my Kopis 2HDV, if you want.
Pictures speak a thousand words.
That would be greatly appreciated.
Jan 23, 2020, 05:04 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoDiablo
Pictures speak a thousand words.
That would be greatly appreciated.

No problem, here's how I wired up the receiver in the Kopis 2 HDV:

Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Jan 26, 2020, 04:18 PM
Fly'em like you Stole'em
MikeMcChiken's Avatar
Its kinda funny the expense of this stuff and then they cant even give you anything other than a coke bottle lens protector
Jan 28, 2020, 04:29 PM
Chef Pilot: Planes vs Butter
ChinoDiablo's Avatar
Well arighty dighty...
It's been highly advised that I load up the VelociDrone simulator just to see how what FPV life is like... So I did.
And after about 1 hour on this sim, it's been demonstrated that I'm gonna need a least 12 more hours of sim time before I even think about stepping inside my little cinewhoop.
Velocidrone is mainly for FPV racing and there doesn't seem to be a beginner/self-leveling mode so I'm learning the hard way which is guess is better for me in the long run.

Til then...
Jan 28, 2020, 05:23 PM
RCG Admin
Jason Cole's Avatar
Thread OP
You’ll be a much better pilot starting out like that anyway. Have fun!
Jan 29, 2020, 09:32 PM
"TRUTH" , the new hate speech!
Genetics101's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoDiablo
Just ordered mine.
Jason, I hope it's everything it's cracked up to be!
Did you get your Cinewhoop yet ? I ordered mine today from Race Day Quadís and I asked if it came with carrying case, although the guy that answered the phone sounded like a moron he said they didnít come with a carrying case. I was wondering If yours came with the case .
Jan 29, 2020, 10:25 PM
RCG Admin
Jason Cole's Avatar
Thread OP
Did you order it with the Air Unit? Not sure if that matters, but mine came with the case from HolyBro.
Jan 30, 2020, 08:36 AM
Chef Pilot: Planes vs Butter
ChinoDiablo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
Did you order it with the Air Unit? Not sure if that matters, but mine came with the case from HolyBro.
Yes... just no goggles, yet. That's in February's budget.

This Velocidrone is proving to be very useful.
Horizon and Angle modes are super inhibitive while Rate mode is completely unlocked. It takes some getting used to.
It's like learning to fly all over again.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article Holybro Kopis CineWhoop with DJI FPV Jason Cole Multirotor Drone Talk 6 Dec 24, 2019 06:46 PM
Mini-Review Holybro Kopis 2 evolved: New 6S and DJI HD FPV versions released (review, wip) SoloProFan Mini Multirotor Drones 13 Dec 24, 2019 12:47 PM