The Life of an RC Pilot's Wife

My wife sent me this poem she wrote about being an RC Pilot's wife and I just had to share it.

Splash

Jason's Wife Tells All

My wife sent me this poem she wrote about being an RC Pilot's wife and I just had to share it.

Thereís nothing Iíd rather be than an RC pilotís wife If you donít believe me, let me tell you all about this life...

First of all you may think itís an expensive decision to make, But little did you know every event seems to have a free t-shirt to take.

So as your husband styles that free neon shirt & people see youíve got a catch, just donít forget he will eventually need that cool, wide-brimmed hat to match ;)

But no, for real, all his skills will oddly come in hand, Like if you need anything glued, he will be your man.

Who needs a stitch or a doctor when I get a cut, A little CA on that bad boy will seal it right up.

And who knew that long car rides could be so entertaining, As he points out every bird thermaling and tells you where he could be sail planing.

I could tell people my husband is a pilot and it wouldnít be a lie, But telling them he plays with RC planes brings that jealousy in their eye.

The first time I really knew I was an RC pilotís wife was when I saw, our anniversaries from here on out would seemingly be spent at Joe Nall.

But hey, this community is actually amazing and one it seems youíll keep til the end, Like when your husband shares his monkey butt powder, you know youíve made a true friend.

One thing is for sure, an RC pilotís house will never be the same, Your shelves might now display possums, pumpkins and donkeys, I just have to disclaim.

And that room that was going to be for your mom when she comes to visit soon, Is now filled with a building table and mommaís on the couch in the living room.

But watching him build all the way from balsa wood to Ready to Fly, I just love the fact heíll always be a kid at heart until the day he dies.

We are blessed that when you do something you love you will never work a day in your life, And that is truly the greatest blessing of being an RC pilotís wife.

Dec 26, 2019, 10:06 AM
Very nice, well said!
Dec 26, 2019, 10:11 AM
Right Rudder
Such a lucky guy, Jason is............

Congratulations to both!
Dec 26, 2019, 10:43 AM
(formerly S A L V A G E 1)
Cool poem. 'Reminds me when RCModeler magazine used to include an article every month or so called, "More Woes from the RC Wife." Does anyone remember those? They were always fun to read, like this poem you shared with us. I can relate to those stories, and yours - totally. LOL
Dec 26, 2019, 12:56 PM
Grumpa Tom
Awesome lady!
Latest blog entry: My new AT-6
Dec 26, 2019, 01:06 PM
Building a better tomorrow
Wives matter.
Dec 26, 2019, 03:15 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Awesome poem ! CA on a cut is no joke !

My wife really enjoys watching the night flyers fly , all lit up with LEDs .
Dec 26, 2019, 05:09 PM
You're a lucky man Mr. Cole!
Dec 26, 2019, 11:03 PM
rrg
rrg
She is up to something...
Dec 27, 2019, 04:28 PM
Very cool, lucky duck lol
Dec 27, 2019, 06:08 PM
MK
MK
Does she have a sister????
Dec 27, 2019, 08:17 PM
Think I have found a new background image for my PC. Of course I will have airbrush out the guy in the back ... will leave the glider in though.
Dec 27, 2019, 08:25 PM

Sister?

Does she have a sister? LOL.
Dec 27, 2019, 08:42 PM
R/C wives are awesome. Most times I feel like I am the luckiest guy on the planet. Regardless of what event I may want to participate in she is there without reservation. She has helped me be better in every respect, not just my hobby. When it comes to the hobby, she has learned to call for me in pattern, pylon and has been my Soaring timer for a few years now helping me avoid the sink. She has been a major contributor to wins in each of those events.
Dec 28, 2019, 02:32 PM
Does she fly? If not, teach her.

Quick Reply