Micro "Eta" Indoor Powered Glider - Video

Check out this awesome video from Essential RC showing an amazing Micro XXS "Eta" scratch built powered glider.

Splash

Amazing Build from Depron Foam

Check out this awesome video from Essential RC showing an amazing Micro XXS "Eta" scratch built powered glider. The builder is Daniel Hör and the video was taken at the Leipzig Modell-Hobby-Spiel Trade Fair. The glider uses actuators that are powered through ESC's which makes for a very light control system. The depron used is just .2mm thick and the airframe comes in at just 4g in weight with a total of 10g all up! That is simply incredible. Congrats to Daniel on an amazing model and flight performance. check out the video below.

Dec 24, 2019, 11:48 AM
I am always impressed at what can be done by indoor flyers.

FYI, in the video he says the weight is 10g--still impressive...Pete M
Dec 24, 2019, 01:27 PM
It flies? I like it!
He says "3D printed molds". I wonder if it's vacuum formed Depron over the molds or something else.
Dec 24, 2019, 02:21 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Ah maybe it was just the airframe that was 4g.
Dec 24, 2019, 04:51 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomcevak
He says "3D printed molds". I wonder if it's vacuum formed Depron over the molds or something else.
Yeah, in the video he said it's vacuum formed Depron.
Latest blog entry: Jeti ESC resto-mod
Dec 24, 2019, 10:40 PM
Intermediate Multi
I like this lightweight electrics trend that Daniel seems to be spearheading. His planes range from micros to giant scale.
Dec 28, 2019, 04:48 PM
Amazing. I'd love to have one of those. I have access to an empty sports hall every weekend so really should get into indoor flight - which would also avoid all these new regulations, restrictions and registrations being foisted upon us by the anti-drone powers that be.
Dec 31, 2019, 08:47 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
There are a number of ways to achieve this, 3DPrinted molds, make molds/form from Airfix models or old skool and carve/create a plug using Balsa and vac form using a simple homemade vac former.
Jan 02, 2020, 11:17 AM
However lightweight it is, impressive for sure, it comes down like a brick when he kills the engine. I didn't expect that.
Jan 02, 2020, 12:50 PM
Something has to give.
And when you have wing areas the size of popsicle sticks...
Jan 02, 2020, 08:21 PM
Mfg of the Marauder & Oculus!
Very cool!

Quick Reply