View Poll Results: OK, Place your bets for fun. WILL SHE FLY?
"The force is strong with this one." 197 54.42%
"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts" 102 28.18%
"Negitive.... It just impacted on the surface" 24 6.63%
Pull up! Pull up!! Ba-da-boommmm! 39 10.77%
Voters: 362. You may not vote on this poll

Apr 17, 2005, 01:46 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
....fly first, details later
to remove ads between posts
Apr 18, 2005, 09:24 AM
AllAloneInSpaceAndTime
Free motor calculator. http://brantuas.com/ezcalc/dma1.asp

Corey
The Enemy
Apr 18, 2005, 10:11 AM
Hey, GO-RC,

Great project!!!
Here's some bench test data that I've collected on the Himax 2025-4200.
I hope this helps.

May the Force be with you.

Angelo
Apr 18, 2005, 11:51 AM
Flap chap
Thats a pretty powerful setup. What about the pitch speed?
Apr 19, 2005, 09:19 PM
Edit: OPPS, Sorry my brother was logged in and I posted as Bigdoginit, my bad.
GO-RC

Hello all,
James - I'm going to paint it up as soon I get her to fly well. There's a lot of surface and the paint will add a fare amount of weight. She will look very cool painted up though! The paper graphics is a good idea to cover her quickly but I think I would enjoy doing all the battle damage and weathering.

Corey / Angelo - Thank you for the info and link they have helped!
Not sure which prop I'm going to use. The thrust from the 10x4.7 would be nice, but I might get some torque roll so maybe the 9x7 is the way to go.

The ship is moving along. I added the vertical stabs today. They are not real large but with the two I think they will do the job. I've also finished up the top access hatch by using some rare earth magnets to hold it on. Well the build is now complete! I need to fine tune the controls but I plan to maiden her this Sunday if all goes well. Below are a couple photos of the last bit of construction. Wish me luck!

GO-RC
Last edited by bigdoginit; Apr 19, 2005 at 10:58 PM.
Apr 19, 2005, 09:43 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
fly well my son!
Apr 19, 2005, 09:43 PM
I USE CAPS - EYE TROUBLE
Well I will be at SEFF but I will look as soon as I get back.

And let me just say that I wish you the best of flight's .

Are you going to have someone else launch it for you ?

What a beautiful job
Apr 19, 2005, 09:54 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
...yeah. If you don't have a helper to launch it in a reliable manner, I'd postpone the test. It may not need it, but the extra two seconds may be everything you need to get it into the sky.

....but I'm sure that someone from RCGroups.com will be available to help
Apr 19, 2005, 10:37 PM
Have Bluecore....will fly
Thread OP
Heres a couple photos of the ship next to my Jetsett44 f-18 for scale.
Apr 19, 2005, 10:55 PM
Have Bluecore....will fly
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM
...yeah. If you don't have a helper to launch it in a reliable manner, I'd postpone the test. It may not need it, but the extra two seconds may be everything you need to get it into the sky.
Ya, she is kind of awkward to throw. No easy way to hold it. My friend has given me many good maiden tosses in the past. Cross my fingers this will be the same.
Apr 20, 2005, 01:16 AM
Very very nice !

May the force be with you for the maiden !!
And remember, do it or don't, there's no try
Apr 20, 2005, 02:08 AM
I've enjoyed a lot this thread. Your MF is so neatly and beautifully made it has to fly well (or at least fly, because with that shape it well behave quite funny )! Once painted, with a fan inside, and Chewbacca screaming while it flies, it would be like the cherry on top of the cake! This has been inspirating to try to make other sci-fi ships...

Good luck with the maiden!

PD. "Feel, don't think. Use you instinct."
Apr 20, 2005, 02:17 AM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
As I was reading this thread and seeing the problems with CG and how to power the model I was thinking why not make this a Slope Soaring model. You could make it look much more scale because there is no need for a powerplant. You just need a big hill and some wind. You could come to Southern California and fly it at the PSS (Power Scale Soaring) Fest!
Apr 20, 2005, 02:32 AM
Flap chap
Thats not a bad idea, DWA, When i 'flew' mine it seemed to penetrate the wind well, and pretty much flew like a brick, though that was not a bad thing! A slope soarer be, this one could.

Good luck GO-RC, or bigdoginit ? Looks like you could give her a flew flights to wear her in, give her a few scratches and then give her a paint job!

I am now attempting MF-2. Slightly bigger, and i am gonna revise the controls, the elevons on mine didn't do control much justice. Yours may be big enough, but like you said before, and i agree, the bigger the better. I still count guys, don't i ?

James,
Apr 20, 2005, 06:23 AM
Flap chap
I found this great site which has blueprints for many starwars ships. ,

http://www.drfreund.net/mainframe.ht..._blueprint.htm

Quick Reply