Dec 18, 2019, 12:31 AM
Where's the pond?
Thread OP
Discussion

KY Models / iHobbyMall

There have been a lot of posts over the past year or so about KY Models, their models under the PEBA name in Germany, their models under the Premium Line name at Graupner, and their online face called "iHobbyMall". Oh, and how the heck to get any of these models in the USA???

I now see that iHobbyMall has finally opened an apparently functioning online store: http://www.ihobbymall.com/

There are a lot of empty listings under various product types, but Products > Boats and Products > Tanks have some results.
That Fairplay 30 tug I've been slowly working on? It's there: http://www.ihobbymall.com/fairpaly30...150-p0016.html

Shipping is from China. Still no word on a rumored US warehouse...

to remove ads between posts
Dec 23, 2019, 11:17 PM
Where's the pond?
Thread OP
A military kit just popped on the site- a 1:200 Yamato kit. Direct ship from the factory in China.

http://ihobbymall.com/yamato-1200-ba...del-p0014.html
Dec 24, 2019, 05:50 PM
Shanghai'd Expat
It appears to be their start out the gate to begin selling direct into other markets. I see they are soliciting for dealers on the site so who knows where this will go towards local US distribution.

One thing is certain is that you expect many more kits & RTR models to appear like we can purchase from their Taobao store here in my neck of the woods. BTW, those RC tanks are also produced by them for Taigan & Torro .
Dec 24, 2019, 05:53 PM
Where's the pond?
Thread OP
Nice. Is Taobao like AliExpress, where we can't buy through the site?
Dec 24, 2019, 06:38 PM
Shanghai'd Expat
No Taobao is strictly for domestic sale. They don't sell through Aliexpress like Arkmodel/Hooben & a few others do.
Dec 24, 2019, 08:34 PM
Shanghai'd Expat
They also might be limiting their initial offering due to their overseas customer brands. Here are just a few of what's available in China under their house brand. Understand there is much more underway in the pipeline such as their new Kongo & Nagato that is yet to be listed for sale.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0-Kongo-Nagato
Jan 01, 2020, 07:49 PM
Where's the pond?
Thread OP
The world is about to be overrun by 1:200 Yamatos. Video on Fazebook linked at:
http://www.wmunderway.mysite.com/cgi...num=1577161411 reply #7
(see what I did there? A link to a forbidden link!)

...shows at least 55 of the things in assembly at the KY factory.
Jan 15, 2020, 08:21 PM
Where's the pond?
Thread OP
Another KY model announced: RAN Armidale class.

Will look good on the shelf, but I bet that will be one tippy sailer...

Last edited by patmat2350; Jan 16, 2020 at 12:22 AM.
Jan 23, 2020, 06:24 AM
Shanghai'd Expat
Expect some exciting new models in the coming few months.
Jan 23, 2020, 10:25 AM
Big Boats Rule!
I just noticed the freighter in the post above, the Cap San Diego. One of our new members had one at our show last July. Nice. He has some family connections in the orient, so he had lots of neat stuff on his table. I didn't see if he ran the other stuff on his table. He is very connected within the hobby, so maybe he knows what's coming. I'll have to ask him next time I see him.

Dave
Jan 23, 2020, 12:40 PM
Sea Dragon-Lover
Wasn't the Cap San Diego part of the Graupner Premium Line up through 2019?
Jan 23, 2020, 01:05 PM
Where's the pond?
Thread OP
Yup. But was always made by KY.
Jan 23, 2020, 05:00 PM
Just Plane Nutts
What an odd store, with tanks and boats listed but no cars or planes. With the latter 2 being the most popular RC items, I wonder how they survive?
Latest blog entry: My You-Tube channel
Jan 25, 2020, 09:19 AM
Shanghai'd Expat
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirDOGGe
What an odd store, with tanks and boats listed but no cars or planes. With the latter 2 being the most popular RC items, I wonder how they survive?
Quite simple - they manufacture these lines in volume to multiple brands. KY went into helis years ago but dropped the line for their mainstay model boats & the smaller niche, RC tanks. Re the latter, they supply to 2 very well-known brands in the market.

Regarding whats to come, here's another glimpse I mentioned earlier last year that included SMS Scharnhorst shown in the background. KY is at Nuremberg International Toy Fair next week so expect to see more over the coming days.
Jan 27, 2020, 08:17 PM
Shanghai'd Expat
Dave, I know some merchants including liners are under consideration but have no idea if & when they might appear. I’d be happy if they’d follow through on a limited release of RMS Olympia based upon their existing Titanic tooling. Had that discussion some time ago with KY’s laoban who was interested over the idea up to & including a wartime dazzle camo option.

Quick Reply