Dec 17, 2019, 06:04 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Windows 10 and DJI Naza assistant problems

Help!!! Ok so I have done all the you tube videos and I still can’t get my software to talk to my Naza software. First off it is not recognizing my usb connection. I get “Unknown USB device device descriptor request failed”. I have done all the updates tried installing the drivers from the DJI website directly to the USB device manager. When I do try to update it says that windows already has the correct drivers installed but it will not recognize the usb. All the videos I have watched on you tube are three years old. Does anyone have a recent fix?
to remove ads between posts
Dec 17, 2019, 06:25 PM
What goes up, hopefully lands!
Found this see if it gives you some incite if you haven't went this route:

First follow the clear procedure to deactivate WIN 10 driver signature enforcement:

http://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-...igned-drivers/

Download the Naza assistant and Naza driver if not already on your PC -
C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI driver2.02\source64\dji_vcom_driver11.inf
http://www.dji.com/naza-m-v2/download

Once this is done - plug in the powered up Naza to USB - go to device manager and find Ports (COM & LPT) and look for the USB connection to the Naza - probably called USB Standard Serial (COM6) or what ever com port is used. You can disconnect and reconnect the NAZA USB to see which one it is. Then right click on this line and select Update driver - browse from my computer - let me pick from a list of devices - then "have disk". then choose the driver C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI driver2.02\source64\dji_vcom_driver11.inf
CLICK OK

Say YES install if warning pops up. Once finished reattach the USB to the Naza and install / open up DJI assistant.
Dec 17, 2019, 07:06 PM
Thread OP
I have done all that. When I try to update the driver I get “the best drivers for your device are already installed.”
Dec 17, 2019, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstov
I have done all that. When I try to update the driver I get “the best drivers for your device are already installed.”
Hang on hopefully somebody can get you some info...beyond my pay grade as I don't use either
Dec 17, 2019, 07:20 PM
Thread OP
I hope so! At this point all the Naza systems I have just became obsolete if I can't connect to the computer!
Dec 17, 2019, 09:50 PM
Quote:
I hope so! At this point all the Naza systems I have just became obsolete if I can't connect to the computer!
DJI 101, never update OS Seen one fellow that put a dual boot on his Windows 10 and put in a Win 7 OS to circumvent the issue.
Dec 18, 2019, 04:34 AM
Thread OP
Unfortunately I had to get a new computer.
Dec 18, 2019, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Unfortunately I had to get a new computer.
Oh I know the feeling. I jumped from a Win 7 computer to a 8.1 new one...was a whole new ball game, new UI, spent hours trying to find a function that used to be common place or worse yet you didn't even have it anymore. I use a App/Software I got for I think $5 US called "Start 8" then (I now use "Start 10") It reverts my Windows 10 machines to look and perform just like Win 7. I guess in my age when you get accustomed to use something for 20 + years it's just to much bother to learn something that your computer wasn't really desined for... Not sure when programs got called Apps on at least the computer side of life but that is what happened in Win 8 and the whole tile thing.

It was set up for a touch screen and just a pain in the rear if you didn't have touch screen. Of course it still won't help with your issue as that is a permissions issue with Win 10 and all that that entails as they make it hard to override what Win 10 wants or thinks is correct, so you have to be a in depth IT Guru in Windows to get some of the older stuff working...no fun to be sure. I have some old XP programs installed on my new Win 10 computer so some of it can be done, but all in all a dual boot machine isn't that hard to set up had it come down to it. Other than that a good old laptop still running Win 7 can be bought under $100 these days and just throw all the pain and hassle out the window (or Windows ) Best of luck on your endeavors

JFYI Start 10: https://www.stardock.com/products/start10/
Dec 18, 2019, 02:02 PM
Thread OP
Yeah I think I might be screwed. Going to look at getting a copy of Windows 7 and partition my hard drive. I am not a computer guru but hopefully you tube will be my friend.
Dec 18, 2019, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Yeah I think I might be screwed. Going to look at getting a copy of Windows 7 and partition my hard drive. I am not a computer guru but hopefully you tube will be my friend.
Get some 5th grade kid, they know everything...they even fix phones these days
Dec 23, 2019, 09:55 PM
Quote:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...3&postcount=34

Quick Reply