ToolkitRC M8S Charger

The M8S is a multi-function charger and discharger that integrates receiver and servo test functions with power supply functions.

Splash

M8S

The ToolkitRC M8S is a multi-function charger and discharger that integrates receiver and servo test functions along with power supply functions.

• Lipo. LiHV. LiFe Lion1-8S. NiMh 1-20s. PB 1-12s battery charging and discharging and balance management
  • Charging current: Maximum 18A @400W
  • Discharge Current: Recovery MAX [email protected] normal mode MAX 5A @20W
  • Lithium battery full voltage can be set (TVC)
  • Can measure battery voltage. battery internal resistance. lithium battery balance management
  • ESC power meter [email protected], simultaneous output voltage and throttle signal.
  • Measurement of signal values such as PWM/PPM/SBUS with accuracy of up to 1us
  • Can output PWM/PPM/SBUS standard signal. accuracy up to 1 microseconds
  • Constant current constant voltage source output. can customize 1-30V constant voltage. 1-18A constant current
  • Can be adapted to the mainstream UAV battery. automatically activated and charged.
  • USB [email protected] output. rechargeable mobile device.
  • Device simulation for USB flash drive. copy upgrade file to achieve product firmware upgrade

Specs

• Input voltage - 7.0-30.0V @MAX 18A
  • Type of battery - Lipo, LiHV, LiFe, [email protected], NiMh @1-20S, Pb @1-12S
  • Balance current - 800mA @2-8S
  • Charger power - 400W @MAX 18A
  • Discharge power - 400W @MAX 18A Recycle mode
  • [email protected] Normal mode
  • USB - 2.1A @5.0V or Upgrade

Learn More

Head to ToolkitRC for more info and check out their other chargers!

Dec 20, 2019, 01:13 PM
Has anyone tried this charger yet? At $40 it seems like a bargain.
Oh wait... I see now you need to buy the power supply for another $40.
Dec 21, 2019, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by razomatic
Has anyone tried this charger yet? At $40 it seems like a bargain.
Oh wait... I see now you need to buy the power supply for another $40.
I have owned the previous 'M8' version for around 12 months, and like others have reported on RC threads, mine had a problem that prevented it finishing with a nicely balanced charge. So, you can imagine I was a little reluctant to try another variation on the 'M8' theme.

Well, about six weeks ago, I threw caution to the wind and decided to try the 'M8S', as I like the features and concept of these ToolkitRC chargers. So far, it seems my gamble on the 'M8S' has paid off and I am very happy with it. Based purely on the one unit I have, I have no hesitation recommending it, others mileage may vary tho'.

Yes, you do need an external power supply, be it an AC power supply or a large battery.
Dec 22, 2019, 09:47 PM
BisDak2
I bought one cause my old charger was acting up and won't fully charge my lipos anymore yet I was thinking maybe my lipos are going bad so then I saw a review by Albert Kim about the M8S and I didn't hesitate to buy one. I take it with me every where I go, it's very compact in design. I use a cigarette lighter type plug and xt60 on the other end so I can charge in my car and at home i took out the AC power supply unit from the old charger.

Update:

Spoke too soon, now mine acting up when I charge 4s lipo, it gives me a cell error and I know its 4s lipo I'm charging but it flickers as if there's a 5th cell then the cell error comes on. I have to plug and unplug multiple times to get it to charge right.
Last edited by humayraykinaon; Dec 29, 2019 at 02:53 PM.
May 31, 2020, 06:21 AM
MrNams
Quote:
Originally Posted by john4565
I have owned the previous 'M8' version for around 12 months, and like others have reported on RC threads, mine had a problem that prevented it finishing with a nicely balanced charge. So, you can imagine I was a little reluctant to try another variation on the 'M8' theme.

Well, about six weeks ago, I threw caution to the wind and decided to try the 'M8S', as I like the features and concept of these ToolkitRC chargers. So far, it seems my gamble on the 'M8S' has paid off and I am very happy with it. Based purely on the one unit I have, I have no hesitation recommending it, others mileage may vary tho'.

Yes, you do need an external power supply, be it an AC power supply or a large battery.
Any recommended power supply for this?
May 31, 2020, 06:23 AM
MrNams
Quote:
Originally Posted by john4565

Yes that's my concern too.
Any recommended power supply for this?

Quick Reply