ToolkitRC M8S Charger

The M8S is a multi-function charger and discharger that integrates receiver and servo test functions with power supply functions.

Splash

M8S

The ToolkitRC M8S is a multi-function charger and discharger that integrates receiver and servo test functions along with power supply functions.

• Lipo. LiHV. LiFe Lion1-8S. NiMh 1-20s. PB 1-12s battery charging and discharging and balance management
  • Charging current: Maximum 18A @400W
  • Discharge Current: Recovery MAX [email protected] normal mode MAX 5A @20W
  • Lithium battery full voltage can be set (TVC)
  • Can measure battery voltage. battery internal resistance. lithium battery balance management
  • ESC power meter [email protected], simultaneous output voltage and throttle signal.
  • Measurement of signal values such as PWM/PPM/SBUS with accuracy of up to 1us
  • Can output PWM/PPM/SBUS standard signal. accuracy up to 1 microseconds
  • Constant current constant voltage source output. can customize 1-30V constant voltage. 1-18A constant current
  • Can be adapted to the mainstream UAV battery. automatically activated and charged.
  • USB [email protected] output. rechargeable mobile device.
  • Device simulation for USB flash drive. copy upgrade file to achieve product firmware upgrade

Specs

• Input voltage - 7.0-30.0V @MAX 18A
  • Type of battery - Lipo, LiHV, LiFe, [email protected], NiMh @1-20S, Pb @1-12S
  • Balance current - 800mA @2-8S
  • Charger power - 400W @MAX 18A
  • Discharge power - 400W @MAX 18A Recycle mode
  • [email protected] Normal mode
  • USB - 2.1A @5.0V or Upgrade

Learn More

Head to ToolkitRC for more info and check out their other chargers!

Dec 20, 2019, 01:13 PM
Has anyone tried this charger yet? At $40 it seems like a bargain.
Oh wait... I see now you need to buy the power supply for another $40.
Dec 21, 2019, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by razomatic
Has anyone tried this charger yet? At $40 it seems like a bargain.
Oh wait... I see now you need to buy the power supply for another $40.
I have owned the previous 'M8' version for around 12 months, and like others have reported on RC threads, mine had a problem that prevented it finishing with a nicely balanced charge. So, you can imagine I was a little reluctant to try another variation on the 'M8' theme.

Well, about six weeks ago, I threw caution to the wind and decided to try the 'M8S', as I like the features and concept of these ToolkitRC chargers. So far, it seems my gamble on the 'M8S' has paid off and I am very happy with it. Based purely on the one unit I have, I have no hesitation recommending it, others mileage may vary tho'.

Yes, you do need an external power supply, be it an AC power supply or a large battery.
Dec 22, 2019, 09:47 PM
BisDak2
I bought one cause my old charger was acting up and won't fully charge my lipos anymore yet I was thinking maybe my lipos are going bad so then I saw a review by Albert Kim about the M8S and I didn't hesitate to buy one. I take it with me every where I go, it's very compact in design. I use a cigarette lighter type plug and xt60 on the other end so I can charge in my car and at home i took out the AC power supply unit from the old charger.

Update:

Spoke too soon, now mine acting up when I charge 4s lipo, it gives me a cell error and I know its 4s lipo I'm charging but it flickers as if there's a 5th cell then the cell error comes on. I have to plug and unplug multiple times to get it to charge right.
Last edited by humayraykinaon; Dec 29, 2019 at 02:53 PM.
May 31, 2020, 06:21 AM
MrNams
Quote:
Originally Posted by john4565
I have owned the previous 'M8' version for around 12 months, and like others have reported on RC threads, mine had a problem that prevented it finishing with a nicely balanced charge. So, you can imagine I was a little reluctant to try another variation on the 'M8' theme.

Well, about six weeks ago, I threw caution to the wind and decided to try the 'M8S', as I like the features and concept of these ToolkitRC chargers. So far, it seems my gamble on the 'M8S' has paid off and I am very happy with it. Based purely on the one unit I have, I have no hesitation recommending it, others mileage may vary tho'.

Yes, you do need an external power supply, be it an AC power supply or a large battery.
Any recommended power supply for this?
May 31, 2020, 06:23 AM
MrNams
Quote:
Originally Posted by john4565

Yes that's my concern too.
Any recommended power supply for this?
Oct 10, 2020, 04:24 PM
sooooo...

Got my M8s out of the box today and, well...it's not good news folks.

First attempt at charging a simple 2S Li-Ion and I'm getting "input too low" error.

So I thought, let's check the firmware and update it.

When I finally got it recognised as a drive and updated the firmware to the latest version (app.upg V1.23 2020-06-28) and then plug it back in I get the following screen accompanied by a constant beeping.

Name: IMG_2135.JPG
Views: 7
Size: 107.7 KB
Description:

After 5 min of nothing seeming to happen I disconnect and decide to try an earlier firmware. But when I plug it back into the PC I get an error saying the drive is no longer recognised and I can't access the ram drive to change the UPG file.

And even worse, now nothing happens when I plug the power back in.

So after 30min it feels like this is a useless piece of crap that will be on it's way back to the supplier.

Unless any of you wizards have some sage advice...(and should have got an ISDT Q8 doesn't count!! )

Quick Reply