Apr 26, 2001, 11:25 AM
Professional Goofball
Thread OP

New Indoor RC Club in Orange County, CA

Come join other ezoners in Orange County. I am working with NIRAC (National Indoor Radio-Controlled Aircraft Council) and Carl Maas to get a local chapter together and fly indoors in Orange County. The Blimp hangers in Tustin are a consideration as well as several other locations. We would like to extend an invitation to you to join us in creating a new club and a new chapter of NIRAC. We are in the infancy stages and need others to come forth so that we may present ourselves as a group to AMA as well as local communities and potential flying sites. If you are interested please email me at compboywonder@hotmail.com. You can visit the NIRAC web site at http://www.nirac.org. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,
Jeffrey Park
compboywonder@hotmail.com
to remove ads between posts
Apr 26, 2001, 10:57 PM
Count me in neighbor! I have been itching to find other slowflyers. I think we need some slowflyer combat. I will drop you an email.
Apr 27, 2001, 12:45 AM
Hi Jeffrey,

Have you spoke with Tony Naccarato from T&A Hobbies in Burbank? 818-842-5062
Aeronacc@aol.com

He's a very strong supporter of indoor R/C and has been trying hard to get something going in the Los Angeles area. I'd love to come down out of the desert and fly with you guys if you get something going.

Dan Kreigh www.flyifo.com
Apr 27, 2001, 07:48 AM
E6
E6
Be curious to hear more neighbors. I've used a place in LA a couple of times. I think it's off Wilshire. There's a Ralphs that has a loading area next to it. It's about 100'x100'. Don't fly indoor much. From my experience every time I go there there are kids practicing indoor stunts on their bikes. No one seems to mind.

Al
Apr 27, 2001, 07:49 AM
Hi,
This sounds great, we have a small group of guy's here in the Inland Empire that would love to see this happen. You can count on our support and we'll try to spread the word.

Thanks...
Apr 27, 2001, 10:01 AM
Professional Goofball
Thread OP
I can't believe it... Al least ten people have emailed me about joining the club. WooHoo. As it stands right now we are going to have our first semi-official meeting this coming Thursday at 7:30 in Fullerton. We are trying to get a location that will be big enough and will not mind if we are a little noisy. I'm looking at a couple pizza places but will have the final location worked out before the weekend. Looks like it's going to be a fun night.

Jeffrey Park
Ocmodels
NIRAC
May 07, 2001, 01:48 PM
Professional Goofball
Thread OP
A meeting time, date and location have been set. The first meeting of the Orange County Radio-contral Aircraft Association has been set for Thursday the 10th at 7:30pm. The meeting will be heald at the Fullerton Senior Multi Purpose Center at 340 W. Commonwealth Ave. Fullerton CA. 92832. The meeting will go on to 9:30pm. Bring your friends as well as your current or past project for show and tell. I'll see you all there.

Here is a link to a map of the location. If you need more detailed directions, feel free to call me or emial me and I will direct you the best that I can
http://www.mapquest.com/cgi-bin/share?srgam4oe40vdkvei

Jeffrey Park
May 08, 2001, 11:47 AM
Professional Goofball
Thread OP
Anyone who is interested in coming to the meeting, please send me an email to let me know. Thank you,

Jeffrey Park
May 11, 2001, 07:50 PM
Professional Goofball
Thread OP
The first meeting for the Indoor flyers in Orange County was a success. A flying site has been secured and we will be having our first flying event this Tuesday May 15th at the Whittier Church of Christ located at 8155 South Painter Ave. just north of Whittier Blvd. The Gym and parking are located in the back of the church. The meeting and flying will begin at 7:00pm till 9:30pm. If you are able to make it to the meeting please call or email me to let me know.

Hope to see you there,
Jeffrey Park
714-396-0521
Sep 21, 2008, 09:09 AM

Orange County RC Clubs

I just puchased my first RC Helicopter and having one heck of a time learning how to fly which has prompted me to find this website and ask this question. Are there any RC Clubs for Helicopters in Orange County.

Thanks,

Blake McKenna
Mar 21, 2009, 01:17 AM
I fly,hover,sail,drive & crawl
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCModels
The first meeting for the Indoor flyers in Orange County was a success. A flying site has been secured and we will be having our first flying event this Tuesday May 15th at the Whittier Church of Christ located at 8155 South Painter Ave. just north of Whittier Blvd. The Gym and parking are located in the back of the church. The meeting and flying will begin at 7:00pm till 9:30pm. If you are able to make it to the meeting please call or email me to let me know.

Hope to see you there,
Jeffrey Park
714-396-0521

Any updates on the thread? Is the location still active? Are there any locations in the Inland Empire?

Quick Reply