Nov 22, 2020, 07:37 PM
Thanks. Still lots of sanding needed. Wing will have bolt and LE dowel rod. Still need to make the wing fuse fairing. Get the spoiler servos working right, then cover. I might get a new spinner, this one is too small
to remove ads between posts
Nov 20, 2021, 03:18 PM
So…. It’s about exactly one year later, I moved to TN, was flying my Paragon a couple weeks ago, caught a nice thermal and as I started to circle, I noticed one of the wing tip panels seemed to have more dihedral than the other just then that wing tip,panel departed the airplane. It fluttered down as the fuse and rest of the wing came down fast. I lost the wing tip panel but the rest of,the glider survived. I’ll have to build one new wing panel, but this time I’m going to wrap thread and epoxy around the spars where the main panels meet the tips. Just finished doing one side this afternoon. Turns out, there is a reason that is on the plans!
Nov 20, 2021, 03:21 PM
This is mine just before it’s maiden flight
Nov 20, 2021, 03:48 PM
Last edited by Mike-O; Nov 20, 2021 at 03:57 PM.
Nov 20, 2021, 03:53 PM
Steve:

Before I built my Paragon, I had read posts about the joiner getting sloppy with use, or comments about noticing more dihedral on one outer panel than the other. When I eventually built the Paragon, I used joiner rods similar to my other gliders. In this case it was K&S music wire 0.219 inch diameter (7/32). So-far-so good.

Good luck with the repair.

Mike
Nov 20, 2021, 05:19 PM
Too late for me to do that but that’s a good idea. This time I’ll use aircraft ply not lite ply. And I’m wrapping the spar box with braided fishing line and coating with Epoxy
Nov 20, 2021, 05:54 PM
RC Sailplane Pilot
This year a friend gave me a box of unused motors and I upgraded the motor and speed controller in my electric Paragon fuselage from an geared Astro 035 to a Hacker out runner. And there change in weight and efficiency allowed me to go with a smaller battery in the canopy rather than under the wing. Has been a nice upgrade.

Ryan
Latest blog entry: Supergee wing mount pylons

Quick Reply