Dec 15, 2019, 10:12 AM
Thread OP
Idea

R/C Zodiac Inflatable with motor options

As a continuation of my new member intro here are some specs for my design....

Length. 32"
Beam. 10"

Construction. Basic keel and bulkhead 1/8" thick ply. 1/16" ply hull covering. There will be a cabin center console detail so use your imagination for final details. Either standing center console or enclosed cabin.

Sponson will be 2 5/8" diameter swim noodle

I'm detailing mine similar to U.S. Coast Guard since was active duty USCG and currently with USCG Auxiliary for 20 years. My flotilla currently has a 30' Zodiac RHI with twin engines.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 18, 2019, 11:31 AM
GET BACK IN THE SHOP!!!!!!
Similar to mine but all fiberglass hull and tubes...

DH

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...cue-boat/page4
Dec 19, 2019, 01:10 PM
Thread OP
Wow.......now that is a boat! What jet pump did you use and how did you do the fiberglass sponsons?
Dec 19, 2019, 01:15 PM
Thread OP

Protype model pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillman
As a continuation of my new member intro here are some specs for my design....

Length. 32"
Beam. 10"

Construction. Basic keel and bulkhead 1/8" thick ply. 1/16" ply hull covering. There will be a cabin center console detail so use your imagination for final details. Either standing center console or enclosed cabin.

Sponson will be 2 5/8" diameter swim noodle

I'm detailing mine similar to U.S. Coast Guard since was active duty USCG and currently with USCG Auxiliary for 20 years. My flotilla currently has a 30' Zodiac RHI with twin engines.

Here are some screen shots on the prototype model. Working on the where the stringers go for the 1/6" & 1/32" sheet covering
Dec 20, 2019, 05:30 PM
Looking good. The Jet drive and hull are from KMB in Germany. They do really nice work for us scale guys and the drives have been 100% reliable over the last 6 years.

DH
Dec 20, 2019, 05:31 PM
This one is similar to yours minus the tubes....

DH

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ch-build/page5

Quick Reply