Jan 29, 2020, 06:07 PM
Thread OP
MFR02, Yes i'm in the uk. took the boat out again today and ran it till the fat lady battery monitor sang at 3.7v per sell, 1hour and 40 minutes continual on a river so the meter was about right i think.. i got the math to about 2 hour 10minutes to 3v. Gawd knows how they chinise come up with their figures lol.
(thinking of making a gasgit by desolving silicon sealer in white spirits and letting it dry too..).

Ah hahhh yes Dave i was trying to think what that stuff was called, thank you.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 30, 2020, 01:50 PM
Big Boats Rule!
The clues that 240 amps is a bit whimsical is the 22 gauge wire and white plastic Amphenol connector housing (Tamiya plug). The connector housing is only good for 10-20 amps. Even less so the more you disconnect it. In the 'old days' at the rc car track, it was common to see the terminals melt right out of the housing. One fellow race guy used to hard solder all his battery connections. A moment before the heat began he would fire up his soldering iron and attach the battery leads.

Dave
Jan 30, 2020, 06:00 PM
Thread OP
yes seen a few melts and sparks over the years, whistle's quietly and walks away lol..one time i fast charged some nicads, the timing worked worked out at a 30 minute fast charge and 5 minute cool just in time to switch batteries and charge the duds..ermmm, only when i got back the battery cage had melted to the car bumper with a sasauge effect sissling sound..live and learn though hey lol.

i'll fire up the printer and mount some 7.4v 1500kv brushless motors with water cooled esc's next, just hunting diferent types of 'bits' for the water pickups.

why do i get the feeling after this i start making thing's go much faster? hmmmm..
Mar 11, 2020, 01:36 PM
Thread OP
hmm hot glue a shoe gum fix's in a 3d printed motor/prop shaft with a 44mm three blade prop.. greased tubes, followed by a wee check in the bath, no water and f----k dont touch the throotle or it climbs up the side.. thats without the weed covers on.

just fighting with the taranis and connections to the receiver, it seems the x8r need to be powered at the 'first' number slot, i.e. 2 and 3 being used, power at 2.

Graupner Compact 345Z 1500KV
30amp shark esc's (water cooled)..2.5-7amp meter'ed for two motor draw.
4mm prop shaft with a 9.5mm stainless tube and greeze nipple.
silicone thick walled tube as the coupler, reason for? no vibrations and no room for anything else.(we'll see how that pans out).
44mm and 40mm props to try
(higher rev's i actualy get some reverse)

fun time lining the props up under the pressure of hot glue lol

further testing en route...

thanks guys for chipping in.

Quick Reply