Dec 14, 2019, 04:21 PM
Thread OP
Help!

Part 107 drone test

i want to get my drone pilot part 107 license but I don't want to pay the high price of paying for the course. Does any body have any recommendations or material that would help me take the test and pass it? ....
to remove ads between posts
Dec 20, 2019, 11:38 AM
The dude...
Tons of info online, YouTube, etc.. There are a variety of ways to get the info.. Study up on sectional charts and FAA regs, you can find most of it for free.

The benefit of the courses (whether cheap or expensive) is you get content created that applies to all facets of the test and extra info that is useful in sUAS operations in general.
Dec 20, 2019, 04:27 PM
@rcartie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcartie
i want to get my drone pilot part 107 license but I don't want to pay the high price of paying for the course. Does any body have any recommendations or material that would help me take the test and pass it? ....
Not sure what you mean by "high price", but I have the ASA Remote Pilot. test prep book, which comes with five practice tests, and have found both excellent (and very affordable)

https://www.asa2fly.com/Remote-Pilot-UAS-C737.aspx

Also, Jonathon Rupprecht has excellent free materials that you can get my signing up for his free newsletter

https://jrupprechtlaw.com/newsletter/
Jan 12, 2020, 01:14 PM
I too second the ASA test prep book. Once you go over the book and have a basic grasp of the material, head to
http://www.kingschools.com/free-faa-exam/drone-pilot
and start practicing tests (they are free). Once you pull consistently above 80%, it is time to book the test ($160). On the days leading to the test, practice with the ASA practice tests. As long as you stay 80% and above, head for the test day. Otherwise reschedule. The testing fee cannot be refunded if you fail it.

This as much for passing the test. However, safely operating in a commercial setting requires more than just having a 107 certificate in your pocket. You should try to work with professional and get some actual training.
Jan 17, 2020, 10:26 PM

good practice test source

Look for the practice questions at the 3DR website. That and the ASA book and I passed my test. The testing center i went to handed me the exact paperback booklet that comes with the ASA package. That is where the sectional charts ( maps) for the FAA test come from. I thought the maps would come up on the computer screen when I clicked on a question. You'll do good.

Quick Reply