This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 14, 2019, 01:25 AM
Thread OP
Mini-Review

Volantex RC Sport Cub 500 ( 4 ch )

A true 4ch Micro ... ( 1s ) with stability .

A) Protocol (?)

Yeah , no idea folks . I ran thru all the protocols available on the Jumper T12 Tx and no bind . This is a shame as I think a Hobby Grade Tx just might do wonders for such a small plane .

B) Transmitter

Not complete rubbish , the Tx does seem to offer better than the usual fare of control .

C) The Plane ( Boss )

Not bad , comes fully assembled except for the landing gear which needs to be plugged in ( easy ) . Only issue was that things ( landing gear ) was not very straight . Even the tail wheel was pointed somewhere other than straight . ( Not the end of the world ) But a little bit of straightening was needed as well as a little glue . I took the Cub out in the back yard less battery and gave it a chuck ! I was simply amazed by how well it glides . Without battery CG looks to be about 40% back from the LE . Speaking of batteries , I should have some to play with in my collection .

It's a little breezy right now , but hopefully the wind will ease off for the evening . ( I hope ) So might be able to get in a flight ?

Volantex Sport Cub 500mm 4ch ( Maiden Flight ) (5 min 8 sec)

Wow !
Flew right out of the box !
And I was actually flying @ minimum throttle ( As low as it would go )

A) It flies out of the box
B) After about 5 minutes battery was 3.92v
C) It will fly slow , really slow .
D) It can fly relatively quick as well
E) It is effected by wind / strong breeze
F) Ailerons were soft , Everything else was ok ( Rud / Ele )
G) Takes offs and landings are a breeze
H) Should be good indoors as well
I ) Battery should be easy to replace
J) Flight was in Midd mode

The bad = Ailerons were soft - Hopefully can be corrected ( more throw )

The flight was relatively easy .. The soft ailerons gave the wind / breeze more authority than I would have liked . It was easy to fly the Cub accurately . ( Except for the already mentioned soft ailerons ) .

I think anyone that likes the WL toys F959 / F949 or the XK A 800 is really going to enjoy this little cub .

My flight got a little funky from time to time because I was trying to fly as slow as possible . Still it was enjoyable and nothing that some throttle could not have fixed ( actually fixed a few times ) ..

I think for its size and $ that the Cub costs . Ur getting a lot of plane for the money .
This was just the maiden , and I hope to put a lot more flight time on this model .

https://www.banggood.com/custlink/3KGKNp06GC

Last edited by old4570; Dec 14, 2019 at 06:47 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply