Dec 13, 2019, 10:29 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Airplane doing aerobatics on its own

I have a spektrum dx8 with a spektrum ar8000 receiver. Flying an eflight extra 300. On the first flight today everything was going good then all of a sudden I lost all control and the airplane did some pretty incredible aerobatics with no input from me. I regained control for a second the it happened again. After the second time I, I regained control and was able to land. Any ideas what can cause this??
to remove ads between posts
Dec 14, 2019, 09:58 AM
Hello and welcome

If your surviving these epic stunts why not keep it lol
Any ways on to some problems and possible solutions. Fairly long read ahead!

The first problem i can think of would be attena placement/interference, making it lose signal and fo into fs (see 3). Make sure that the attenas are placed 90 from eachother. And keep them away from anything that would block or interfere with the signal. I.e. power/motor wires, metal, carbon fiber, ect.

Second thing is possibly loss of power. Where the esc, and motor might be requesting so much power that the reciver cant stay on (brown out i think its called). There are two solutions to this, one is to get an external bec that consistently applys 5-6v to the reciver/servos. Solution two is along the same line but instead you use a seprate battery altogether.
I have had to use a seprate battery to solve a landing gear issue on one of my warbirds. The motor was simply demanding so much power that the landing gear could not get enough to actuate.

Third is a secondary thing which is failsafe. This acivates when the rx loses signal. The reciver will automatically move the servos to a predetermined place, this is intended to withe keep the aircraft level, or in a nice turn. Its inly really helpful in inherintly stable planes... but at least make sure that the failsafe if active is set to neutral deflections.

In any case after any change go out and do a range check prior to any flights.

And finnally here is a link to the radio forum they can help more them me!
https://www.rcgroups.com/radios-135/

Good luck!!
-matt

Quick Reply