Jan 09, 2020, 01:59 PM
Hey, watch this!

Aerobatic Canard

Here's my first and only canard - and I am very pleased with her. I used MPF and a KF wing. it is not 3D as far as I know (because I ain't that capable a pilot!) But it does do some things that are cool, including a stable harrier, tight loops, and snaps. Rolls could be tighter I suppose.
Thanks for reminding me, I need to beef up the LG - or take it off.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 09, 2020, 08:20 PM
I love this new design. I have long been a fan of canard configuration. Stallproof. Why push down on the tail instead of pulling up on the nose. Etc...

I have also been looking at the Dark Angel - https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ANS-PICS-VIDEO!
and
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...n#post14362560
but it seems very flimsy for consistent reliable control response.

This design is so simple and very strong. But the "Dark Angel" has such beautiful lines it looks like a manta ray. I want to combine these two planes.

I like the V tail which goes along with the triangular fuselage. So I'd put that on this composite plane instead of the single tail. And, of course this design lends itself to a pusher prop.

I like the pusher prop - but - what is your launching technique? Can anyone post a video.

And since I'm a novice flyer, I'd like some dihedral for stability. The polyhedral wings of the Dark Angel look to provide that.

Thanks,
Jim
Last edited by jgreetham; Jan 09, 2020 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Adding detail
Jan 10, 2020, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingW
Nice job and good luck and fun with the maiden.

Is the canard a full flying surface or is it fixed?
This first version is fixed as I was short a servo. If it flys well I’ll change that.
Jan 13, 2020, 08:50 AM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
Thread OP
It should fly just fine , but not as maneuverable as the canard too … But then imagine how well elevons and a moving canard would work …
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
Jan 13, 2020, 08:53 AM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
Thread OP
Looks like today I “may“ get a chance to work some more on this design … and not just paper … Perhaps even a few changes …
Latest blog entry: Lost plans

Quick Reply