Dec 12, 2019, 08:25 PM
Ricky Windsock
Thread OP
Alert

DRAW was held SEP 6th. Winners are published on this thread.

The winners of all prizes are published right here on this thread.
We are now in the process of delivering the prizes.
Those prizes sent to me by the sponsors previously will be mailed out to the address provided by the ticket buyers this week.
The remaining prizes being shipped direct by the sponsors will take a little longer.
I will be sending the addresses via email to the sponsors this weekend for them to sent prizes out.
Thankyou all for your amazing support and thank you all in advance for your patience,'

(a) The raffle is the biggest we have ever done! We have 4 Unlimited models in the raffle F5J and F3J. We have 7 transmitters in the raffle

BUY TODAY AND GET THE BEST DEAL ON TICKETS AND THE BEST ODDS ON WINNING

Final Last Chance Bonus. [COLOR="red"][B]Please buy tickets and save.1 FREE Ticket for every 2 tickets you purchase.

Go here and get yours today!

https://www.teamusaf3j.com/?page_id=13

More prizes means more winners. Get your tickets now!

I am personally very honored to be selected as the Junior Team Manager for this absolutely awesome US F3J Team to Slovakia August 1 through 6, 2022. We have a huge task ahead to get the new Team and their equipment to this Worlds and I will be working every day from now until then to raise the necessary funds to make it a reality. THIS team is going to bring home the bacon. The strength of the Team is fantastic and with your support this US Team is bound for greatness.

Team Apparel is available RIGHT NOW as we are placing a FINAL order.

Every ticket buyer who purchases tickets before the draw on Sep 6th 2022 gets 1 free ticket for every 2 purchased.

Click Here to Buy From The Store Now!

Time is running out. Buy those tickets..
Thank you in advance for supporting this awesome Team.
Gordon Buckland
Junior Team Manager
Team USA F3J 2022
Last edited by aussief3b; Sep 10, 2022 at 07:03 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 13, 2019, 03:48 AM
Ricky Windsock
Thread OP

4 - FOUR F3J and F5J models up for grabs!

Hey guys and gals,
The Monster F3J Raffle (includes 4 X F3J or F5J models up for grabs) is open for Tickets.
SOARING USA has provided a brand new F3J model. The Team and Soaring USA has provided a BIG FLAP EXPLORER F5J model and Josh Glaab has donated a fully fitted out Ready To Fly Supra PRO with all servos and RX. AND we have a giant surprise coming from KENNEDY COMPOSITES TOO!

Support the Team. Don't miss out!

Buy 2 tickets and get 1 free. Only until the Worlds are over August 6th.

https://www.teamusaf3j.com/?page_id=1843

PS. We are also taking Orders for Apparel to be delivered in July
Last edited by aussief3b; Jul 22, 2022 at 01:42 PM.
Dec 13, 2019, 03:49 AM
Ricky Windsock
Thread OP
Place holder
Dec 13, 2019, 03:52 AM
Ricky Windsock
Thread OP
Place holder for worlds
Dec 13, 2019, 03:59 AM
Soaring CD - AMA #7639
Sorry G-Man...The link was the same color as the rest of the text so I didn't make the connection...My Bad!
Jan 31, 2020, 08:33 PM
Jody Miller
I am proud to announce our towmen for the 2020 worlds.
Steve Lucke and Chris Burns will be joining us in Slovakia!
On another exciting note the worlds has a women’s entry making Amy Pool our
Fourth senior member of the team!
We are looking forward to the WCH by doing all our great sponsors proud.
Thanks

Jody
Mar 08, 2020, 05:59 PM
Scale Aircraft = Scale Crators
Oooh, gonna get into that possible iX20 action, and possibly the X3, and MKS servos, oh and I need a new chute! I HOPE I WIN SOMETHING!!!
Latest blog entry: Focus on F5J
Mar 14, 2020, 09:34 PM
Josh Glaab

Fl f3j

We had the first F3J competition of the year in Morriston, FL at Kennyworld on 2/29 and 3/1. This is my first time there. Legendary place. The owner, Kenny, who had passed away some time ago, built this awesome garage setup for model aircraft activities and also built a nice house next to it. The R/C club (One Wing Low Squadron or OWLS) operates the entire property as far as I could tell. There is a power field on one side and beautiful rolling hill field surrounding it. Several pilots stayed there and it looked like a real good time.

I got down there about lunch time Saturday and watched some of the F5J stuff. They were getting pounded by 15 to 25mph winds and their lite aircraft were really working hard. I managed to time 3 pilots (got two zeros) then I wasn't asked to time anymore.

I have to say that the FL F3J was an exceptional event. I did absolutely have a great time with my soaring family and some true R/C soaring adventure. It is the adventure that keeps me coming back. This one had LOTS of adventure.

The bees were impressive. By the grace of god we were in lane 1. I think we were in lane 1 since we needed to be near the scoring tent, which was on that side. So the bees for some reason swarmed lanes 4 and 3. We could see all hell breakin loose with about 2 to go. Jeff came all the way to lane 1 to put down his hat. He got a 98 I think when I took our tape over there to measure.

Then we got strafed by a sailplane that ejected its battery pack on launch. Really? Yes! And we got strafed twice. At first we thought, crap this thing is coming in to our pit doing 90. Everyone is lining up in front of me (I am trying to fly) and we are all scrambling. The errant plane zooms by us and we think, phew, lets get back to business. But that wasn't the end. The aircraft had enough energy to come around again, so we are all scrambling again. Gordon is trying to video tape the crash (yes, he was) and all of sudden the hunter becomes the hunted and Gordon had to get completely flat on the ground and the plane zoomed over him and.... sort of landed. Me and Jeff Duvall are struggling and I land off field. Relight with about 5 to go. Crap. Jeff is short of time too. Turns out the pilot of the errant plane relaunched first and won the group. In addition, the errant sailplane just needed a new battery and it was ready to fly again. I can't make that up.

Then there was the juvenile eagle cruising around and harassing aircraft. Evidently the eagle didn't enjoy us soaring around. So the eagle would mix it up with one sailplane for a minute or so then move over to the next sailplane. Not sure of the intent. At one point the eagle was flying lead to Neil as he returned from a max.

The wind on Monday was pretty impressive, solid 15G25. Some lift was great, really great. But there was a lot of sink running around and lots of flight groups were won with flight times much less than 10.

Then the power line event. I am in the rest room when the lights go out for about 10 seconds, then come back on. I think no way. Sure enough. Jeff Carr got into the lines.

As far as the actual competition went, that was sort of unusual. I had the one round where I landed off field and had to relight. That was a 837. Of the other 8 rounds, I had 7 grannies, which is pretty high. I was not really pushing the clock but the landings were working well. Chris Burns was in the lead until the last round. The last round the mega wind started to lay down along with the lift. Chris just came up short and Rich Burnowski won the round with a 8:28.94/97. I had to work for the last round and regret not unballasting before launch. We managed to get through without any line breaks and Mega 1.32 worked great.

Great time. I am looking forward to Vegas and hope the Corona Virus hits the road by then. Fingers crossed.

Josh.
Apr 03, 2020, 09:17 AM
Jody Miller
Well unfortunately the 2020 F3J world championship will not happen. The FAI is working out details, but I feel pretty confident that it will take place next summer.
I would like to thank all our supporters, sponsors, and everyone in our corner.
Details to follow.

Jody
Apr 03, 2020, 07:40 PM
Scale Aircraft = Scale Crators
Poop. Plain and simple. Poop.

It sucks that even an event at the end of the summer is now canceled. Well... hopefully things will work out and we'll have a team that has had that much more time to practice and gel together. I'll be cheering everyone on all the same. I look forward to seeing everyone at the next contest that we can all get to.
Latest blog entry: Focus on F5J
Apr 15, 2020, 07:52 PM
Jody Miller
Thanks Mike, I am really confident that things will work out and the worlds will take place next summer. That’s what everyone wants.
Being TM for the first time has been an honor and a nail biter. First worlds with winches was my first concern. But now Covid!

I would really like to ask everyone who has purchased tickets for some patience and understanding while we get through this and on to the worlds.

Jody
Apr 16, 2020, 06:14 PM
Jody Miller
I have heard from the organizer of the contest and been forwarded email conversations between FAI officers and it all points to pushing to next summer.

Jody
Apr 30, 2020, 02:24 PM
Balsa Breaks Better
Are we still raising funds?

Joe

Balsa Breaks Better
Woodys Forever
May 01, 2020, 11:35 AM
Ricky Windsock
Thread OP
Sure are Joe, I will update the details shortly. We have more time now until the worlds. Check out the huge raffle. 4 MODELS! and a whole lot more.
May 01, 2020, 01:26 PM
If we put ordered tickets and a shirt a while back should we have received the shirt by now?
Thanks,
Alan

Quick Reply