Dec 12, 2019, 10:00 AM
Thread OP
Build Log

Kerry Sterner Fscet 1200

Probably not the most beautiful plane and going to get bullied just by buiding it.

Wanting to have a all arround jet and not worry obout complexities and cost of high and jets.

Hope is a nice airframe for my rebuild Jet Joe 14OO. (no bullying please)

And for radio Frsky.

Building has started.

Cheers

Juan
to remove ads between posts
Dec 18, 2019, 10:03 PM
Thread OP
Fuselage done turbine mount done.

Instead of using 1/8 balsa used 1/8 poplar. NO SEAMS. Was hard pulling sides together to glue.

Waiting for sierra front strut.
Dec 18, 2019, 11:39 PM
Go fly a jet today
Very nice! A friend of mine build and flew one, he said it's a good all around jet, others dream of building a jet but don't do it, you are, keep up the wood work
Dec 24, 2019, 11:57 AM
Thread OP
Cars thanks for your words.

Enjoy building even if plane is not beatifull.

Tail done 1/32 plywood was insrted at trailing edge for sharp edge..
Jan 05, 2020, 01:03 PM
Thread OP
Started with the wings.

Consider the wings the most dificult of the build.

Skins glued together with white glue.

Skins to core with raka laminating epoxy.
Jan 06, 2020, 09:11 PM
Viper1GJ1
Keep up the good work. I love to see folks building instead of just assembling. Keep the pics coming.
Jan 07, 2020, 10:38 AM
Thread OP
Enjoy building and flying.

More advances in wings. About 2.5 hours of sanding and shaping. .
Jan 10, 2020, 10:23 AM
Thread OP
Almost finished wings.

Ailerons and flaps done.

Took a lot of time mating each wing panel to fuse.
Jan 10, 2020, 10:27 AM
Thread OP
Pictures
Jan 11, 2020, 10:33 PM
Great flying and very fun airplane--you will love it!!! Be careful as it will snap if it gets too slow. Don't drag it in on final or it will quickly re-kit itself (with or without flaps)!
Jan 12, 2020, 11:58 PM
Scott
Nice work. Not nearly enough builders around. I design and scratch build almost every plane I fly. NEVER apologize for a plane you are building, you build what you want to fly. If someone else doesn't like it, tell them not to build one. Keep up the good work, and when it is done fly the crap out of it.

Scott
Jan 24, 2020, 10:32 AM
Thread OP
Getting there litle by litle.

Wings are almost finish. Just need to glue anti rotation winf pin which needs to be done perfect.

Wing servo pokets, servo covers, flap hinges and flap mecanism done.

Rudder and elevator servo plates build and finish

Getting were I need to decide if finish plane in filmbcovering or glass plane.

Not surebif woth the time to glass and paint plane wich will take almos the same time as building it.
Feb 08, 2020, 02:09 PM
Go fly a jet today
I cover all the airplanes I've build 'till now, my last project was a Reaction 54, I used Ultrakote, the same for jet I'm finishing at the moment, Turbinator, covering them with film helps me to keep them light.
Feb 09, 2020, 07:59 AM
TJK
TJK
Please keep us updated and please include some pictures!

I have a Facet 1200 kit that I will definitely build in the future. I have cores for both the regular and HP wings. While the HP wings have more area, I prefer the looks of the regular wing.

I am toying with trying to fit a set of retracts into my Facet when I build it, using these Cessna 337 retracts for the main gear;

https://www.radicalrc.com/category/Retracts-372

RC Cessna 337 Skymaster Retracts (0 min 29 sec)

Adding retracts will add weight, making a stronger argument to use the HP wings, but I just don't like the way they look....
Feb 14, 2020, 03:13 PM
Thread OP
For some reason did not see the above post.

Made my mind will use covering. Plane is a sport jet and not of the beatifull ones. Will save lile 120 hours glassing, sanding............ ..................................... and still sanding to paint plane.

Plane is framed up just some filler ins some areas and final sanding.

Still waiting for front strut ziroly send to make to sierra an after more than a month it is on its way.

Thought this build was cheaper than a arf but no. So unless you like building this is nice project.

Space is a problem fuse wasn design to be able to haul 60 oz of fuel so the rest of space is limited. In order for retracts fuse needs to redesign completly. SEE PAMPA JET is nice.

For fuel tanks 40 oz dubro, 17 oz sullivan (bVm) hard to get, 2oz dubro as uat.

Also some pictures of covering inspiration.

Facet 1200 flap operation (0 min 35 sec)

Quick Reply