Dec 12, 2019, 08:18 AM
Racer.Lt Owner
Thread OP
Discussion

New CaddxFPV VISTA 28ms HD system with exclusive authorization by DJI

So another game changer is in the way, it's the CADDX FPV with they'r VISTA - the HD system with exclusive authorization by DJI

BangGood now has it https://www.banggood.com/Caddx-Vista-HD-Digital-System-5_8GHz-FPV-Transmitter-p-1625165.html (ref link) on preorder

More info:

So far it looks like only VTX, without RC link.

* 30.45x29x13.06 at 19 grams
* Long range, low latency 28ms HD system

Images from posts:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...033]RcGroup #1
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...027]RcGroup #2

Waiting for more news directly from WDRC2019 as there is no news on official webpage: https://caddxfpv.com/search?q=vista
Last edited by Frimen; Jan 10, 2020 at 04:24 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 12, 2019, 04:06 PM
Racer.Lt Owner
Thread OP
More pictures

Dec 12, 2019, 05:12 PM
That will be awesome if it works as good as the dji air unit works!
Dec 12, 2019, 05:23 PM
Team Warpsquad
Looks good, hopefully caddx doesn't fumble the ball on this.

Eager to hear from the initial buyers once released.
Dec 12, 2019, 08:07 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
So this will work with the new DJI Goggles?
Latest blog entry: My FAVORITE FPV CockPits'!!!!
Dec 12, 2019, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1
I think its designed to work with them, yeah.
Dec 12, 2019, 11:41 PM
Most likely DJI provide the hardware and software to Caddx under licensing agreement. So they can produce smaller air hardware to augment the DJI market, at no design cost to them.
And if anything, distract from the fact its DJI tech with-in the unit.

Very gluey actually. So many of us are getting swept up with the DJI digital system link quality and image, but are forgetting that the US military dropped DJI years back for a reason..
Dec 13, 2019, 05:06 AM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rissah
Most likely DJI provide the hardware and software to Caddx under licensing agreement. So they can produce smaller air hardware to augment the DJI market, at no design cost to them.
And if anything, distract from the fact its DJI tech with-in the unit.

Very gluey actually. So many of us are getting swept up with the DJI digital system link quality and image, but are forgetting that the US military dropped DJI years back for a reason..

...for hobbyist FPV, I think this suits us. I'm not doing any military recon anytime soon..lolol

Latest blog entry: My FAVORITE FPV CockPits'!!!!
Dec 13, 2019, 06:47 AM
Quote:
...for hobbyist FPV, I think this suits us. I'm not doing any military recon anytime soon..lolol

I think you missed the point.
DJI and others that are sponsored by the Chinese government, use commercial tech for reconnaissance.

Its an easy thing to crack an SSID for any WiFi network that is in range of the air unit and transmitting key information back to their servers.

Don't under estimate the possibility of a foreign government gaining tactical information through what appears as a toy to the user.
Dec 13, 2019, 08:41 AM

New CaddxFPV VISTA 28ms HD system with exclusive authorization by DJI

Iím constantly concerned about the Chinese government using video from the NH woods. Espionage may be a concern for governments and corporations, but if you are a regular hobbiest and/or have devices like Amazon Echo in your home, a smartphone in your pocket etc, being scared of DJI is ridiculous.
Dec 13, 2019, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Its supposed to!! Hope it does..
Dec 13, 2019, 09:09 PM
Quote:
DJI and others that are sponsored by the Chinese government, use commercial tech for reconnaissance.

Its an easy thing to crack an SSID for any WiFi network that is in range of the air unit and transmitting key information back to their servers.

Don't under estimate the possibility of a foreign government gaining tactical information through what appears as a toy to the user.
How do you "crack" a publicly broadcast ID that is meant to be broadcast so people can actually log into the wifi network like they are supposed to.

Next up DJI will "crack" your house number visible on your letterbox for key tactical information through their air units.
Dec 13, 2019, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxington
How do you "crack" a publicly broadcast ID that is meant to be broadcast so people can actually log into the wifi network like they are supposed to.

Next up DJI will "crack" your house number visible on your letterbox for key tactical information through their air units.
Obviously its password. Not the ID itself.
Sorry I had to spoon feed you that
Dec 14, 2019, 07:14 AM
Quote:

What cell phone do you use? Chances are, you are already being spied on if you carry almost any brand.

The Goggles do not have GPS, audio mic...etc, nore can it access most wifi networks. Those should be the least of your worries.
Dec 21, 2019, 03:42 AM
Any more news about this system?

Quick Reply