Dec 11, 2019, 07:20 AM
Right Rudder
Thread OP
Discussion

Beware of questionable Spektrum Receivers at eBay

Guys,

For those that are searching like me for good quality AR8000+SAT receivers (I have had lots of success with these) then, be careful with a few that are being SOLD over at ebay and with sellers that have a good amount of bad feedback.

I am not endorsing nor criticizing the following seller as an example, just pointing out that one person did lose (destroyed) their model citing one specific instance of using these receivers. I am not certain if it was the buyer's fault for their setup or not and not certain if in fact that it was a defective NOT GENUINE Spektrum Receiver.

My main point "IS" just ask lots of questions before you are about to purchase one (NEW or USED) and make sure it is a GENUINE Spektrum.

The last thing you want to do is install one of these in your large, expensive RC Airplane model that you have spent countless hours!

Dec 11, 2019, 10:38 AM
With any Spektrum units that have been known to have been cloned and marked as Spektrum, I wouldn't buy them from non reputable dealers even if they are in original packaging. Anyone can stuff one in original packaging from a real unit. Who knows, maybe they've copied the packaging too. My biggest issue with these clones is that there are known good aftermarkets that do work, versus fake Spektrums. Used countless low dollar Lemon receivers and never had a problem. Doesn't make sense to buy a clone of a $100+ receiver with a satellite that fails, when I've never had an issue with the $10-$15 receivers I'm using.
Dec 11, 2019, 02:09 PM
Old new guy
I use Lemon and Orange with great results. Only buy Spektrum from real dealers.
Dec 13, 2019, 08:31 AM
Right Rudder
Thread OP

Reply from one Seller!

Guys,

One reply from one seller and notice English structure, obviously these are coming from CHINA!

Dec 14, 2019, 10:09 PM
tchobbys
Sorry this happens
Dec 20, 2019, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiArf
With any Spektrum units that have been known to have been cloned and marked as Spektrum, I wouldn't buy them from non reputable dealers even if they are in original packaging. Anyone can stuff one in original packaging from a real unit. Who knows, maybe they've copied the packaging too. My biggest issue with these clones is that there are known good aftermarkets that do work, versus fake Spektrums. Used countless low dollar Lemon receivers and never had a problem. Doesn't make sense to buy a clone of a $100+ receiver with a satellite that fails, when I've never had an issue with the $10-$15 receivers I'm using.
Yep. +1 ... there are numerous threads here about bogus, copyright infringed Spektrum receivers. Hard to feel sorry for a person that lost a $400 airplane because he wanted to save 30 dollars on a receiver.

Quick Reply