Dec 10, 2019, 03:05 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Glow Ducted Fans

Not sure if this is the proper location for this discussion -

I have many questions about glow ducted fan operation.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 10, 2019, 07:44 PM
Pro Hoarder
Yes this is where you want to ask...There is a few old timers here that like to torture themselves with high rpm nitro
Latest blog entry: In flight
Dec 13, 2019, 09:09 AM
Torture? Yep. You got that part right!
Dec 13, 2019, 09:35 AM
There's lots to learn and some of it is hands-on.

You'd be better off finding someone in your local club that has past experience and pick his brain.
Dec 13, 2019, 09:36 AM
Multi-Platform Pilot
Stock up on glow plugs
Dec 14, 2019, 08:51 AM
Don't forget rods, pistons and liners. Oh the smell and noise those were the days and yes they were fun.

Frank
Dec 16, 2019, 05:57 AM

Power

Go electric jet fan best
Dec 19, 2019, 01:44 AM
Go fly a jet today
And a few bottles of Locktight ��
Dec 19, 2019, 01:02 PM
Micro-Turbine Superhero
Food for thought... As IC DF are so low on power and really needs a good tune to fly you tend to se only high end stuff used, even if old it's high end stuff. Thinking engines and fans worth their names combined with a proper fuel blend and tuned exhaust with pressure feeding etc. All this fairly high tech stuff then needs to be fitted in an airframe that don't ask too much from the power train.

Even though I today too think, just go electric or just go turbine I really respect those who get the old DF planes flying well. Modern drive units have shaved away all the skills needed in this hobby. Just buy it RTF out of the box, superb for the many people but really exterminating the engineers from the hobby.

Quick Reply