Foxtech - Diamond 6S 30000mAh Semi-solid State Lipo Battery

The Diamond Lipo states that the energy density is increased by 30%-35% compared with traditional lipo battery.

Splash

Diamond 6S 30000mAh Semi-solid State Lipo Battery

From Foxtech...

Foxtech Diamond Series Semi-solid State Lipo Battery is released!

Compared with traditional battery, semi-solid state battery achieves both safety and performance improvement. Diamond series semi-solid state lipo battery features high energy density, high discharge rate and high safety performance, small size and light weight.

This 6S 30000mAh semi-solid lipo battery is 2570g, with 259.1Wh/kg energy density, the continuous discharge rate can reach 10C, Max. discharge rate is 15C(3s). It also has a long cycle life over 500 times.

Compared with Li-ion battery, the semi-solid state battery has higher discharge current. The discharge interval of each battery cell is from 2.7v to 4.2v. But the discharge rate is about 5 times higher than that of Li-ion battery.

Compared with traditional lipo battery, the semi-solid state battery has light weight and higher energy density. Its energy density increased by 30%-35%, even 20% higher than that of high-voltage version lipo battery. So the drone endurance time will increased by 20%-35% by using the semi-solid state battery.

The semi-solid state battery supports 10C discharge and Max.2C charge, there is no obvious heating during 7C discharge. The recommended discharge interval is 1C-5C to achieve the maximum discharge capacity, charging with 1C current to improve battery life.

The Semi-solid State battery is suitable for most UAVs or other electrical equipment that requires long endurance time: Agriculture drone, Industrial multicopter and VTOL, Robots, Surface ship etc. Like GAIA 160 series drone, GAIA160S hexacopter, RHEA 160 hexacopter, Great Shark VTOL and Baby Shark VTOL, by using semi-solid state battery the flight time will be greatly increased!

Specification:

• Voltage: 22.2V
  • Capacity: 30000mAh
  • Continuous Discharge: 10C
  • Max.Discharge: 15C(3s)
  • Charge: 1C
  • Energy: 666Wh
  • Energy density: 259.1Wh/kg
  • Size: 210x90x68mm
  • Weight: 2570g
  • Plug: XT90
  • Working Condition Temperature: -20C to +50C

Learn More

Head over to Foxtech for more information!

Dec 09, 2019, 03:32 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Solid state, Sodium-ion, Lithium Carbon dioxide, Glass. There are (hopefully) some HUGE changes coming in the very near future with battery tech. The rising popularity in electric vehicles and the need to be able to have extremely reliable and safe means of 'mobile' energy to power them has caused some offshoots from mainstream battery tech.
I have been following a number of these stories for a couple of years now because 'we' obviously want more flight time or simply more power.
Something like the battery above is probably too heavy for most of us but, having one or two at the field to charge smaller batteries and powering a ground station could be extremely useful, especially when the weight/size reduces.
Dec 09, 2019, 03:52 PM
I could power my golf cart with a few of these. I now use batteries from a Nissan Leaf. 58V (14S) 120AH.
Dec 09, 2019, 09:46 PM
rrg
rrg
Wow $$$
Dec 10, 2019, 08:30 AM
Gettin' back into flyin'
I'm gonna need a bigger plane for this 5.7 lb battery. My only question is... does semi-solid state last? Is it still so vulnerable to heat, cold, puffing, and leaving it charged long term? When will the geniuses come up with a fully solid state battery?
Dec 10, 2019, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartMX
I'm gonna need a bigger plane for this 5.7 lb battery. My only question is... does semi-solid state last? Is it still so vulnerable to heat, cold, puffing, and leaving it charged long term? When will the geniuses come up with a fully solid state battery?
From what I understand, solid state is in the works and saw a headline last week already calling it the future of battery tech. Will be a while though...

Quick Reply