Composite RC Gliders

I recently came across the company Composite RC Gliders. I had not heard of them before so I figured it was worth a share on here in case there are others who don't know these planes are out there.

Splash

Composite Gliders Manufacturer

I recently came across the company Composite RC Gliders. I had not heard of them before so I figured it was worth a share on here in case there are others who don't know these planes are out there. Details on the business are light, but they say "Our modern company specializes in the development, design and production of high quality model airplanes, primarily designed from glass and carbon composites. We want to offer you balanced as well as innovative cutting edge products. Our premise is always to offer high quality products at a fair price for daily, rough model flying operations. The design and selection of all components is based on scientific methods and findings, as well as on the many years of experience of the team and external."

They have a good selection of models including hand launch, scale, slope, and electric launch. They also offer KST servos and accessories. Does anyone here have one of these planes? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Check out Composite RC Gliders Here

Dec 09, 2019, 11:32 AM
High Lift Coefficient
Hmmmm.....they look suspiciously familiar

Love to see Dr. James' comments!
Dec 09, 2019, 01:45 PM
Their "About Us" page on the web site lists Dr. James as one of the "many friends"
they thank for help.
Dec 10, 2019, 12:14 AM
I think the FAA’s 400 foot ruling has squashed thermal sailplane flying.
Dec 10, 2019, 10:21 AM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDARR
I think the FAA’s 400 foot ruling has squashed thermal sailplane flying.
Not even close!
Dec 11, 2019, 09:09 AM
F3B
It seems like a lot of money for models made by RCRCM.

A 2.7m carbon interstellar costs eur1200. You can get a 3m baudis pitbull for about 1350 - and that won't be made by rcrcm, but will include LDS parts and ballast kit.
Last edited by satinet; Dec 11, 2019 at 09:16 AM.
Dec 11, 2019, 11:34 AM
Cant fly enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailhigh
.....Love to see Dr. James' comments!
I sent him a PM link to this site. It will be interesting to hear what he says. If these are European quality licensed productions they would be worth the money. If they are simple brand labeled RCRCM I agree they aren't worth the money.
Dec 11, 2019, 05:38 PM
Cant fly enough
Actually a lot of the designs look like the Doc's but the dimensions don't match either RCRCM or Aeroic.....
Dec 12, 2019, 07:42 PM
www.gunnphotoservices.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
Not even close!
My thoughts exactly! Just keep flying. There's never going to be any enforcement regardless. The FAA is so backlogged and understaffed there's zero chance of getting even a slap on the wrist for flying a glider. Think of the stop signs that you roll through without coming to a complete stop, or going 9 over the posted 65mph on the freeway. No one is going to bat an eye. But break the coveted 400 foot rule and share it in a forum? Jail time! haha.
Latest blog entry: www.gunnphotoservices.com
Dec 12, 2019, 08:41 PM
Last edited by Lufo; Dec 13, 2019 at 08:41 AM. Reason: OT comment not needed for product announcement
Dec 12, 2019, 09:33 PM
Cant fly enough
Last edited by Greg Beshouri; Dec 13, 2019 at 03:51 PM.
Dec 18, 2019, 10:36 PM
No worth screwing with the FAA unless you have the money. They enforce everything.
AWC
Feb 16, 2020, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyAceWings
No worth screwing with the FAA unless you have the money. They enforce everything.
AWC
Imagine a couple of years from now you take a drive out to a rural area to the FRIA you now fly at in the wake of the remote ID law. You fly your old RC airplane outside the lateral limits, lose control, and smack into a house a quarter mile away. The home owner goes ballistic, calls law enforcement, and the event actually gets reported to the FAA. Would the FAA proceed with enforcement action? They likely would.

Now suppose nothing like the above ever happens. You fly smart, keep your equipment maintained, and use good judgement. Is the FAA going to have an inspector hiding behind a tree waiting for the moment that you exceed a lateral or vertical limit? That sounds highly unlikely. There are far more pressing issues that the budget constrained FAA has to deal with.

I am amazed in this day and age how many light airplane pilots continue to wipe themselves and their families out by the old VMC into IMC accident....the same type of accident that took out Buddy Holly and his guys clear back in 1959. A guy from Houston just did it 2 months ago. A family of five, all gone.

Does a guy flying his Radian too high at an approved location sound like a priority to you?
Feb 16, 2020, 11:25 PM
a.k.a. Bob Parks
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAI80

I am amazed in this day and age how many light airplane pilots continue to wipe themselves and their families out by the old VMC into IMC accident....the same type of accident that took out Buddy Holly and his guys clear back in 1959. A guy from Houston just did it 2 months ago. A family of five, all gone.
And a recent helicopter pilot.

Quick Reply