Dec 09, 2019, 01:54 AM
A different attitude to RC
Thread OP
Mini-HowTo

Taranis+DLG V5.0: Quick setup, feature rich, predictable DLG program for the Taranis

Hello RCGroups people!

Today, I went over AD.DLG.4.1 and brought it into the modern era for OpenTX 2.3. I am proud to offer AD.DLG.5.1.

WARNING. This is not flight tested. It includes all functionality of the 4.1 version with some changes:
1) It will now allow you to load it onto OpenTX 2.3 (there was an error uploading the AD.DLG.4.1 version with a fresh install of OpenTX 2.3)
2) Space has been made at the top of the Logical switches and Special function screen to allow you to add your own at the top of the list.
3) Timers were given names.
4) Small delay added to cruise mode so it does not readout when switching quickly through cruise mode.
5) Snap Flaps was implemented permanently (instead of on switch SH)
6) Snap flaps is now in a curve (CV4) so you can modify it.
7) Zoom mode was renamed "Fast" mode to avoid needing a special sound file.
8) A GVAR (previously snpflp) was re-tasked to be a LVA (Low Voltage Alarm) setting for the receiver voltage.
9) Three "Calculated" sensors added to telemetry so it is easy to hookup telemetry to the LVA, Vario and Altimeter functions.
10) Special Functions and Logical switches added to support the LVA
11) Telemetry screen1 setup to reference the "Calculated" sensors so you don't need to do that.
12) Switch SH re-tasked to be a trainer switch since I anticipate needing that.
13) Re-order GVARS to better reflect the order in which you set them up.
14) SD Logs turned on
V5.1:
Added a V>0 check for LVA readout so it does not repeat "zero volts" with no receiver connected.

How to setup this version:

- Follow the original instructions as before EXACTLY.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...or-the-Taranis

- Setup Telemetry
This is an important (and new) step since without it, the low voltage alarm will not work on the plane.
1) On the radio, enter the telemetry screen
2) Choose "Discover new sensors"
3) In the first three "Calculated" sensors included in this setup, modify each one as follows:
a) rxV (rx voltage) -> Source1 -> Set to: RxBt
b) vrio (vario) -> Source1 -> Set to: VSpd (IF you have an altimeter)
c) alti (altimeter) -> Source1 -> Set to: Alt (IF you have an altimeter)
Then, set your Low Voltage Alarm trigger (GVAR1 or LVA) to a suitable voltage. When this voltage is reached, the transmitter will read out the voltage every 10 seconds. Be sure to set a value to give you plenty of time to get on the ground!

A list of GVARS and what they stand for:
Since the new version of OpenTX has much shortened GVAR names, they are harder to understand. This is what they mean:

LVA: Low Voltage Alarm (for RX voltage)
FZE: Flap Zero
ATH: Aileron Throw
AMN: Aileron Minimum
AMX: Aileron Max
DIF: Aileron Differential
A-R: Aileron to Rudder mix
SLR: Amount of Slider to Flaps
F-E: Amount of Flap to Elevator
Please remember to follow the instruction in the original thread EXACTLY to setup the GVARS:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...or-the-Taranis

AGAIN, WARNING. This is not flight tested, but should work the same as 4.1. Please test it thoroughly before flying and post feedback here.
** The trainer function will not interfere with your controls without a trainer radio connected. **

If the setup shows to be good, I will remove the warnings and add more info in this post.
Last edited by extremewing; Dec 09, 2019 at 03:42 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 09, 2019, 03:43 PM
A different attitude to RC
Thread OP
Today, 5.1 is an update that adds a logical switch to stop the program from reading out "zero volts" with telemetry not setup or no receiver connected.
Feb 14, 2020, 03:21 PM
I'm looking forward to trying this. May I suggest that you update the first post on the AD.DLG 4.1 thread to point users of OTX 2.3+ to this thread? Otherwise OTX 2.3 users may miss this post.

Quick Reply