Dec 08, 2019, 02:09 PM
Thread OP
Help!

Reptile cloud cinewhoop issue

I've built my first cinewhoop, the Reptile cloud 149 outfitted with dji air unit to fly around the house. I'm getting erratic behaviors on hover and flgiht, it would rev up in rpm intermittently and return to normal motor idle Basically shoot up a little and then drop back down. I don't know if it's the props needing a really tight clearance to the ducts or a faulty 4in1 esc. Right now I'm running Gemfan 75mm whoop props and there is at least 2-3mm gap from the ducts. The flight time is horrible as well, I only get a 2 minute hover on a 4s 1550 batt and less than 1 minute on a 850 4s batt.

Setup:
Radix FC 3.5.7 betaflight firmware
Mamba 4in1 25amp blheli-s dshot 600 20x20 on blheli 16.7
Pyrodrone 1408 3622kv
460 uf cap 25v on esc pad

I read the props had to be really close to the ducts, so hoping maybe that is the issue. Or should I flash to 4.1. Any suggestions before I start tearing down electronics?
to remove ads between posts
Dec 10, 2019, 03:51 PM
is your fc loose or is anything possibly hitting the gyro during flight like loose anything?

the motor specs should give you quite a decent flight i would imagine.

what battery do you use?

do the props strike the ducts at all?

my squirt props are not nec super close but it flies well for the underpowered motors im running... i get plenty of time out of 1050 4s and 1300 4s... 850s kinda suck for me on my setup.

North Lakes Park Fpv Hypersmooth 4k (4 min 36 sec)
Last edited by LemonC; Dec 10, 2019 at 05:30 PM.
Dec 12, 2019, 03:33 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for the reply LemonC. Looking nice and smooth in that vid.

My intermittent motor rev I think is from hovering indoors only in my hobby room. The amount of air thrust around in the room might of been causing turbulence and what not. It has been raining here where i am, and the times that the sun showed itself, I had work projects to finish up so didn't have time to do a proper test flight outside.

But I finally got around to it this morning flying it outside a the local flying field and it didn't show any of the characteristics from hovering it indoors. It flew fine, could use some tuning, and it is a little getting use to as I flew mostly 5 inch quads.

As far as batt goes, I get 2 minutes on 850mah, 3-330 on 1550mah, and 4-430 on 1800mah pack- 4s of course and those are times with a gopro hero 6 on it. It's weird how before taking off, it reads 16.7v and when I take off it drops instantly to 15.7v. I don't know if it's the higher kv or not causing it.

It's a nice little cruiser. I'm currently running HQ 5.1x42x3 props cut down to about 1mm from the duct.
Dec 13, 2019, 12:40 PM
im running some HQProp 3 Blade Durable Prop 3X3X3.

https://www.heli-nation.com/hqprop-3...poly-carbonate

i did have to slightly trim them.

prior to the cinewhoop build, my 1407 3200kv were efficient on my prop selection, so that why im using them on my cinewhoop. i do have two cinewhoop prop offerings on hand but i havent trimmed them and fitted them as of yet...

i would suggest you try some other props perhaps.

Quick Reply