Dec 10, 2019, 08:11 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
There's always some decent deals to be found on good used goggles in the RCG classifieds here. I highly recommend looking there before buying new.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 10, 2019, 08:21 PM
Just an earth-bound misfit
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbean_fox
Dang this really got heated up ! haha
im glad everyone has there own opinions and recomendations. Im Deciding between the beta 85 brushed thats on sale of the mobula that really got my eye since its brushless and brings enough batteries for me to start,yea the included batteries might be garbage but it will help me get in the air and comfortable and then i can get better ones.
im thinking of getting a eachine or beta or Emax box goggle set,or if any one knows some one selling better ones used please let me know.
When you mentioned brushed and Whoop . . . in December in Ohio, it's getting/is Winter Whoop Season and inside flying . . . been away from S. Fla. for too many years, and wasn't thinking outside. Also been looking at the Mobula 65 1S brushless after checking the new Beta one, and again for inside . . . where it's warm . . .

The 85 size Whoops are definitely great outside fliers, and I fly my two a good 75/80% of my outside air time. One has 1103 motors, but the other has the same 802/16kvs that are on my Mobula, and flies almost as good as the 85 with the much bigger motors. It completely out performs the smaller 75 Mobula in every way, even how it handles . . . outside . . . The Mobula parts, motors, board, camera/canopy will transfer right over to a URUAV 85 Whoop frame, even using the same screws. Just get some KK 48mm props. I can fly my 85s inside, and they do OK, and don't handle bad at all, but the smaller the better, and the Mobula 75 is better inside. You can get a couple URUAV 85 frames for about $5, and switch out your parts after you get comfortable with the 75 for an 85, and have a whole new Whoop.

Didn't even know Beta did goggles, and haven't heard anything about the Emax. The Eachine goggles have been out for a bit, used by a LOT of people, and not a lot of regrets about buying them, at least to start out with your first goggle, and what you get for your money. Also, RCG has a classified section, you can always take a look there.

ADDED: Hey Max !!

Haha . . . I knew that . . . ₿ↄ}

remembering . . . how's that little . . . trans tec 65 brushless ?? zipping around inside ??
Last edited by Brian_OH; Dec 10, 2019 at 08:26 PM.
Dec 10, 2019, 09:06 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_OH
When you mentioned brushed and Whoop . . . in December in Ohio, it's getting/is Winter Whoop Season and inside flying . . . been away from S. Fla. for too many years, and wasn't thinking outside. Also been looking at the Mobula 65 1S brushless after checking the new Beta one, and again for inside . . . where it's warm . . .

The 85 size Whoops are definitely great outside fliers, and I fly my two a good 75/80% of my outside air time. One has 1103 motors, but the other has the same 802/16kvs that are on my Mobula, and flies almost as good as the 85 with the much bigger motors. It completely out performs the smaller 75 Mobula in every way, even how it handles . . . outside . . . The Mobula parts, motors, board, camera/canopy will transfer right over to a URUAV 85 Whoop frame, even using the same screws. Just get some KK 48mm props. I can fly my 85s inside, and they do OK, and don't handle bad at all, but the smaller the better, and the Mobula 75 is better inside. You can get a couple URUAV 85 frames for about $5, and switch out your parts after you get comfortable with the 75 for an 85, and have a whole new Whoop.

Didn't even know Beta did goggles, and haven't heard anything about the Emax. The Eachine goggles have been out for a bit, used by a LOT of people, and not a lot of regrets about buying them, at least to start out with your first goggle, and what you get for your money. Also, RCG has a classified section, you can always take a look there.

ADDED: Hey Max !!

Haha . . . I knew that . . . ₿ↄ}

remembering . . . how's that little . . . trans tec 65 brushless ?? zipping around inside ??
Im trying to find some deals but there just as expensive as if its new :/ so im looking for some
Dec 10, 2019, 09:33 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Howdy Brian! The TT is a lot of fun indoors, but it's a little too fast for my skills inside my small house. I do fly it in the house on occasion, but I never really get to open it up like I do my brushed 65's and 75.

@ caribbean_fox, I think you'll be happier spending your money on an older set of Fatshark, or Skyzone goggles than you will be with a set of box goggles. I know there are a lot of folks out there that are happy with some of the better box goggles, but I could never fly comfortably with any of the ones I've tried, and I have tried a LOT of them.

I fly with older Fatshark Predator V2, and have a set of Teleporter V4 that I use some times, and let friends and family use. I prefer even the Teleporters over any of the box goggles I've used. They are just way more comfortable to wear to me, and something about them made FPV flying easier for me than it ever was with box style goggles.

There's actually a set of Teleporter V4's available right now here, for only $65 shipped that would make excellent starter goggles.
Dec 10, 2019, 11:22 PM
FPV Ground Pounder
Quote:
Im trying to find some deals but there just as expensive as if its new :/ so im looking for some
I bought my 1st goggles off Amazon for like $50 had a dvr that didnít work & ended up getting a parchial refund. They were good enough to get started but no comparison to my fat or fatsharks. Iíd sell them for $25 plus shipping. If interested pm me
Dec 10, 2019, 11:35 PM
Just an earth-bound misfit
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmax
Howdy Brian! The TT is a lot of fun indoors, but it's a little too fast for my skills inside my small house. I do fly it in the house on occasion, but I never really get to open it up like I do my brushed 65's and 75.

@ caribbean_fox, I think you'll be happier spending your money on an older set of Fatshark, or Skyzone goggles than you will be with a set of box goggles. I know there are a lot of folks out there that are happy with some of the better box goggles, but I could never fly comfortably with any of the ones I've tried, and I have tried a LOT of them.

I fly with older Fatshark Predator V2, and have a set of Teleporter V4 that I use some times, and let friends and family use. I prefer even the Teleporters over any of the box goggles I've used. They are just way more comfortable to wear to me, and something about them made FPV flying easier for me than it ever was with box style goggles.

There's actually a set of Teleporter V4's available right now here, for only $65 shipped that would make excellent starter goggles.
That did look like it would be a really fast little thing, and I'm sure I could get in trouble with it faster than you . . . that part I've got down pretty good now . . . I still fly my Mobula inside a bit, and have been playing with a 65 brushless, but, still fly my two 65/716 brushed Whoops quite a lot. My house isn't huge by anybody's idea, but I have some room to roam. I still have as much fun as I've always had with those two inside, and those 716 "Hot" motors can still crank them along as fast as I need. Being able to stop before hitting something is a good thing too . . .

I watch all the krap weather you all send down my way, and really, you can send some decent stuff every once in a while, just to mix things up . . . please . . . ₿ↄ} I see your weather and know it's mine the next day . . .

Hope you're having a good end to your year, have a good Winter Whoop season and great holiday time and start to your New Year. Good seeing you back around again. There's been a few people who haven't been around much lately, and hopefully the season will give them some time to stop by for a bit again too.
Last edited by Brian_OH; Dec 10, 2019 at 11:43 PM.
Dec 10, 2019, 11:53 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Yeah we have had some of that good old man winter come through, and some down right nasty cold ice/rain. Been snow flurries most of the day today and already under 20 heading into the overnight hours, so you can expect some bitter cold air heading your way soon lol.

I should be around a bit more regularly now that work has slowed down for the Holidays. I asked Santa for a bunch of Whoop, and FPV related gear this year, and am hoping to be adding to my collection of brushed 716 powered indoor flyers come Christmas morning. I'm also hoping to have my basement Whoop course all finished up by this weekend and ready for the long winter months ahead.

Enjoy your holidays as well! Stay warm and Whoop on!
Dec 11, 2019, 12:40 AM
Thread OP
Quote:

Holy cow!!!!! i didn't see these!!! Thank you so much!
Dec 11, 2019, 08:59 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Quote:
Holy cow!!!!! i didn't see these!!! Thank you so much!
Happy to help! Keep us posted on your purchase decisions.
Dec 11, 2019, 09:39 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Happy to help! Keep us posted on your purchase decisions.
No problem,also im practicing on FPV freeride simulator and man im having difficulty getting my left stick to work in my brain,im so used to planes barely using the rudder to now using it fully.
Dec 11, 2019, 10:02 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
I certainly know that feeling. I flew planes for years before flying quads, and now whenever I fly a plane I have to retrain my brain lol.
Dec 11, 2019, 10:45 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
I certainly know that feeling. I flew planes for years before flying quads, and now whenever I fly a plane I have to retrain my brain lol.
hahahahah any tips?
Dec 11, 2019, 10:51 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
For me the biggest thing is just to get it in my head prior to flight exactly which model type I am flying. After a few times it will just start clicking from one model to the next.

I actually started taking a plane with me when I would go to the park to fly my 5 inch quads so I could stay fresh with both.
Dec 11, 2019, 11:21 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
For me the biggest thing is just to get it in my head prior to flight exactly which model type I am flying. After a few times it will just start clicking from one model to the next.

I actually started taking a plane with me when I would go to the park to fly my 5 inch quads so I could stay fresh with both.
Ah! gotcha! i guess i just need more practice in the simulator
Dec 11, 2019, 11:29 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
That will definitely help. I would also order something like a Boldclash B03 Pro and just start flying it around. They can be had for around $10 shipped, fly very well, are tough as nails, and can be upgraded to an excellent FPV Whoop very easily.

Quick Reply