Dec 07, 2019, 12:51 PM
FA3PR9WM79
Thread OP
Discussion

How to mount a MAUCH Battery Monitor...

I have wanted a MAUCH battery monitor for a long time. Yesterday I finally got one. I plane to use it on a slightly stretched Tarot 650 Sport. I'm running 6S. I have the BM in an enclosure. I am using a MAUCH BEC.

The problem is, I can't figure out how/where to mount the silly thing.

Before I was using the ubiquitous 3DR style BM and I could slip it between the mounting rails above the battery and every thing was tucked in and out of the way, and the battery connection was at the rear of the frame.

With the MAUCH BM, every thing is backwards.

I suppose part of the problem stems from the fact that this frame has the PDB circuitry integrated into the UPPER plate at the rear of the frame. This means that any form of current measuring device must be placed between the PDB and the battery, and the way the MAUCH is designed, this means the battery plug must be at the front were it will interfere with my 3 axis gimbal.

The other issue is with the current/voltage sense and +5 volt feed cable between the MAUCH and Pixhawk. The short version is the cable that came with the MAUCH is only half as long as the one that comes with a generic 3DR style BM, so to connect the MAUCH to the Pixhawk I'd have to mount the MAUCH on the top plate.

At this point I am totally disappointed because to get this to work I have to re-engineer the entire battery system. Not what I wanted to spend my weekend doing...
to remove ads between posts
Dec 10, 2019, 01:45 PM
FA3PR9WM79
Thread OP
I finally got it shoe horned in between the battery plate and the lower plate. Had to completely rewire it.

Quick Reply