Dec 14, 2019, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grnd flyr
Thanks for the info... ya, got a 12V laptop charger on hand but it is only 12V 5Amp 60Watt. Looking around for 24V options...

FWIW:

1s Lipo charging trick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE-gnsASLDM
Nice, maybe well see some balance boards that support BT2.0 in the future or just make a bunch of adapters too is a possibility.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 14, 2019, 07:23 PM
BisDak2
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredom.is.me
It's so funny how people complain about things not improving, but when there is something new that could very well be that improvement, you always hear "it's not enough to be valid" or something along those lines. Where do you think we would be without those small changes? We'd still be driving Model T's.
I wonder if the PH2.0 came out got this much talk about and were they good or bad? I seriously think this BT2.0 connector will become standard for 1S.
Dec 14, 2019, 07:31 PM
Are we not men? We are DEVO!
Quote:
Originally Posted by humayraykinaon
I wonder if the PH2.0 came out got this much talk about and were they good or bad? I seriously think this BT2.0 connector will become standard for 1S.
Chances are very high since it is the very first connector ever created for 1s micro quads.
Dec 14, 2019, 07:49 PM
If it flies, I can crash it.
It will depend on how BetaFPV decides to license the connector. If they keep the prices where they are now, they may not get wide adoption because BT2.0 equipped batteries will be noticeably more expensive than PH2 batteries. PH2 connectors cost less than $0.10 in volume where a BT2.0 is currently selling for about $0.80.
Dec 14, 2019, 08:12 PM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
Deans was one of the first real battery connectors made for the hobby world. The rest were all general use connectors. We still are using JST-XH for balance leads. Although they aren't rated for repeated connection cycles, they aren't really under any load. The JST-SH are the same way, except we needed more power so we started using the JST-PH...which also isn't made for the industry. Bullet connectors saved the entire rc community in my opinion. Most connectors we use are now bullets, whether by themselves or cased (such as the XT series). As was said, these are the first hobby grade connectors.

I'm not sipping the kool-aid, just stating the fact.

As was mentioned before, is it worth it? If you are just starting, there isn't much reason not to go with the BT. If you already have a million quads, planes, helis, whatever, then you have to factor in time to replace as well as cost. For the sake of consistency, I'm all for it, but I don't have a warehouse full of toys.
Dec 14, 2019, 08:56 PM
Enjoying every minute of it...
Thread OP
Quote:
Looking around for 24V options...
...note to self:

AVAWO DC 24V15A 360W Switching Power Supply Transformer - $17.98
https://www.amazon.com/AVAWO-Switchi.../dp/B0146IAXYO

looks peachy

Dec 14, 2019, 09:12 PM
Quote:
...note to self:

AVAWO DC 24V15A 360W Switching Power Supply Transformer - $17.98
https://www.amazon.com/AVAWO-Switchi.../dp/B0146IAXYO

looks peachy

I'd be careful w/ cheap 3d printer psu they can be fire risks under a high load.
Dec 14, 2019, 11:27 PM
FPV Ground Pounder
Quote:
Thanks for the info... ya, got a 12V laptop charger on hand but it is only 12V 5Amp 60Watt. Looking around for 24V options...

FWIW:

1s Lipo charging trick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE-gnsASLDM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysbless
Switched a few batteries over to the BT2.0 but forgot I didnt have a way of charging them so I had to rework my 1s plug for the ISDT Q6. Seems to be working fine so far and now I can charge PH2.0 and BT2.0 using one connector.
I made a parallel cable for 4 batteries, I also bought a PH2.0 serial charge cable f cut off the PH2.0ís & soldered on some BT20ís. Tip cut off the PH2.0ís 1 ata time & solder on the BT2.0 saves a lot of work in the long run. Donít ask me how I know
Dec 15, 2019, 12:20 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysbless
I'd be careful w/ cheap 3d printer psu they can be fire risks under a high load.
Yes, I'll keep an eye on it but think it'll work fine for what I plan on charging using this board:

Parallel Charge Board for JST-XH & JST/Micro Losi
https://www.progressiverc.com/parall...icro-losi.html

...charging 12 - 500mAh lipos works out to only 6A load and it's continuous vs jerky up n down running stepper motors or feeder.

Using the same or similar board I would just make some JST to BT2 connectors if using BT2s.
Dec 16, 2019, 03:41 PM

BT2.0 alternative ?

from FPV cycle in their 600mah 1S description:
There is a company working on an alternative to the BT2 that should be better as well. They say that connector is due out some time in February if their timeline holds.

So it may be worth waiting to see how the plug wars shake out. Reading between the lines, I think the issue is that people a balking at what Betafpv is trying to charge for use of their connector on products.

Never trust a 1S man who says itís only an extra gram.
Dec 16, 2019, 03:47 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by quad66
from FPV cycle in their 600mah 1S description:
There is a company working on an alternative to the BT2 that should be better as well. They say that connector is due out some time in February if their timeline holds.

So it may be worth waiting to see how the plug wars shake out. Reading between the lines, I think the issue is that people a balking at what Betafpv is trying to charge for use of their connector on products.

Great to hear, thanks for the info! The BTs are waaaay over priced in my book but would like to try them and just can't... February will be here soon enough.

FWIW... I posted in the deals section about this charger if anyone is looking for a good deal. They had 7 this morning and down to 3 left atm:

ISDT Q6 Pro charger @ $35 shipped...
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ger-35-shipped

...figured someone here might be getting tired of their USB charger...
Dec 16, 2019, 03:47 PM
Are we not men? We are DEVO!
Quote:
Originally Posted by quad66

lol.

Cool news on new connectors.
Dec 16, 2019, 08:41 PM
FPV Ground Pounder
Speaking of BT2.0 connectors has anyone that has some found that some go together harder than others? I've ran across this twice, doesn't seem to make a difference other than they are harder to get apart.
Dec 17, 2019, 02:10 PM
The beta batteries themselves worked horrible for me

BetaFpv Meteor 65 Micro drone whoop - Saggiest batteries of all time? Poor flight time (9 min 17 sec)
Dec 17, 2019, 02:17 PM
Prefectionist
I think you got a bad batch of batteries or something. I'm getting about 2:10 - 2:30 flight time on my black friday edition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonE5
The beta batteries themselves worked horrible for me

https://youtu.be/_PZFIFrWUdo

Quick Reply