May 17, 2020, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser View Post
0.80c each in packs of 10 at betafpv.
I saw that. My friend placed an order with BetaFPV over 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't been delivered yet. Needless to say I'm a bit jaded. Anywhere else?
to remove ads between posts
May 17, 2020, 08:47 PM
Enjoying every minute of it...
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by blbills View Post
I saw that. My friend placed an order with BetaFPV over 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't been delivered yet. Needless to say I'm a bit jaded. Anywhere else?
Can you wait just a little while longer? Just tried to find the quote but failed but pretty sure I read somewhere that Kabab said the new GNB/his/? new xt15 sized plug was coming soon, like end of month?...

I would wait and pass on those beta connectors...
May 17, 2020, 10:56 PM
I'm already pretty invested in the BT2.0's and don't really have any real complaints other than availability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grnd flyr View Post
Can you wait just a little while longer? Just tried to find the quote but failed but pretty sure I read somewhere that Kabab said the new GNB/his/? new xt15 sized plug was coming soon, like end of month?...

I would wait and pass on those beta connectors...
May 18, 2020, 01:51 AM
XT15's , YAAAAAAY
Jun 04, 2020, 09:30 PM
It's gotten pretty quiet around here... Any new news?

Just ordered another 20x female BT 2.0's from BETAFPV...
Aug 14, 2020, 08:20 AM
Just a bored guy
Any update on the BT2.0 alternative?
Aug 15, 2020, 09:26 AM
GNB 27:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001...archweb201603_
Aug 15, 2020, 11:12 AM
I've been content with the ws micron deans so far only tried 1s though
Aug 15, 2020, 06:30 PM
Nick Burns just reviewed the new us65 pro with the gnb27 plugs. Where are these things?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_206 View Post
I've been content with the ws micron deans so far only tried 1s though
Can't those plugs accidentally short two battery packs together if they're in a bag or box together? Having a terminal exposed on a battery seems sketchy.
Aug 15, 2020, 06:51 PM
If it flies, I can crash it.
?? they're just like the BT2.0s , or an XT for that matter. Just a different shape for the plastic part for the most part. The back side of the connector needs heat shrink (or some sort of plastic cap, like on an XT90) after the wires are soldered on, or the terminals are exposed and can indeed be shorted out. The only hobby connectors that don't have that issue, far as I know, are ECs or Anderson Power Poles.
Aug 15, 2020, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonB View Post
Nick Burns just reviewed the new us65 pro with the gnb27 plugs. Where are these things?!

Can't those plugs accidentally short two battery packs together if they're in a bag or box together? Having a terminal exposed on a battery seems sketchy.
I suppose, I'm not saying they're ideal but they were cheap and available so I just got them figured they'd be better then the jst rcy's and at the time the bt2's were hard to come by. It seems like the gnb27 connectors would shave off 1/5 of a gram compared to the micro deans I'm sure they'd probably put out more amps and connect alot better
Aug 16, 2020, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonB View Post
I've been using the deans micro on a wide range of rc batteries going on 15+ years now and never had a single one short because of that. And I don't take any special precaution, I store my lipos just dumped in a battery box. To short you need to contact both sides, only one is exposed.
Aug 16, 2020, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazenglory View Post
I've been using the deans micro on a wide range of rc batteries going on 15+ years now and never had a single one short because of that. And I don't take any special precaution, I store my lipos just dumped in a battery box. To short you need to contact both sides, only one is exposed.
Yeah I don't exactly pack my lipos in with the steel wool or anything like that but I do think the bt2's seem to clasp more solidly
Aug 16, 2020, 04:46 PM
Are we not men? We are DEVO!
Mico deans still holds the advantage IMO. Especially since there's no need for purchasing male or female and very little shorting risks.
Aug 16, 2020, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser View Post
Mico deans still holds the advantage IMO. Especially since there's no need for purchasing male or female and very little shorting risks.
I still haven't tried on 2s but I suspect they have to be better then the jst rcy's, I built a 1s toothpick up with 1202.5's and the micro Deans don't seem to be holding it back

Quick Reply