Jan 17, 2022, 02:43 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
hey man, as long as you're having fun flying, and there's no problems with carbs freezing when using gasoline too, so there's that.
Now that you mention it: It is a definite possibility, but so far it seems to be not really a problem. I think I have seen it, but not even sure, in the motorglider with its pusher config, and a little bit in the Boxer, and I think it is not so much the carb itself freezing, but the header. Both those engines have the headers exposed to the full windblast without any shielding and only marginal heat-supply. They appeared to become a bit irregular from around +5 deg C and downward. Did not test further, not risking any planes for a silly test.

The other engines, not a hint of it. Apparently the carb and header being in the warm air behind the cylinder keeps things ice free.

I even had the 5 cc one morning at -5 deg C idling away for half an hour and it accepted throttle without issues after that.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 17, 2022, 04:27 PM
Suspended Account
Freezing carbs is most often associated with methanol.

-no meth
Jan 17, 2022, 04:32 PM
Suspended Account
Not really....
Jan 17, 2022, 04:49 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
Last edited by raleighcopter; Mar 11, 2022 at 07:55 AM.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 07:35 PM
nomethanol (raleighcopter)
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Obnoxious behavior).
Jan 17, 2022, 07:40 PM
Suspended Account
Weird. I don't feel attacked.
Last edited by nomethanol (raleighcopter); Jan 17, 2022 at 07:56 PM.
Jan 17, 2022, 10:45 PM
RCG Admin
Hey guys, raleighcopter's account was closed per his request. I'll be moving off topic posts to Other Websites.
Jan 17, 2022, 10:58 PM
No more wasted spark 😉
Last edited by ClubFlyer; Mar 24, 2022 at 04:11 PM.
Jan 17, 2022, 11:00 PM
RCG Admin
Censorship is something else entirely. Here's the link to the off topic posts https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ing-discussion

Please also keep in mind this whole thing happened because raleighcopter wanted to censor posts from another member who he believed was spreading false information. Those posts did not break a site rule so the mods did not warn the posts. This apparently made raleighcopter unhappy. We cannot instruct our moderators to warn and hide posts because someone doesn't like what is being said. He is welcome to come back if he so desires and is willing to participate in the forums according to the site rules and without attacking other members.

nomethanol, I've moved your post to Site Chat here https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-raleighcopter where we can continue to the conversation if you like. Let's not disrupt this thread further with off topic posts.
Last edited by RCG_Jason; Jan 17, 2022 at 11:10 PM.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 11:22 PM
nomethanol (raleighcopter)
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Obnoxious behavior).
Jan 17, 2022, 11:24 PM
RCG Admin
Looks like raleighcopter had a clone account. Closing this thread for now.
Jan 18, 2022, 09:02 AM
Looks like I've figured out OpenTX enough to get a plane flying with the controller. VERY nice to see the throttle and fuel channels tracking in sync.

Bert, for now I am using a hybridized program to control fuel. Part Dave, part Bert programming. I have the fuel channel slaved to the throttle channel output instead of the throttle stick (Dave) but using physical throttle stick index marks to know where I'm at when adjusting the 9 pt curve (as you do).

I may elect to slave the fuel channel to the throttle stick if I run into problems with transition.
Jan 18, 2022, 09:41 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notme2
Looks like I've figured out OpenTX enough to get a plane flying with the controller. VERY nice to see the throttle and fuel channels tracking in sync.

Bert, for now I am using a hybridized program to control fuel. Part Dave, part Bert programming. I have the fuel channel slaved to the throttle channel output instead of the throttle stick (Dave) but using physical throttle stick index marks to know where I'm at when adjusting the 9 pt curve (as you do).

I may elect to slave the fuel channel to the throttle stick if I run into problems with transition.
As long as your throttle curve is linear, that set-up will not get you into trouble. I have used that for a while. The issues come when you start using the throttle curve. By then, the index marks of the stick WILL coincide with the points on the throttle curve, but NOT with the points on the fuel curve, because the imput of the fuel curve has allready the throttle curve imposed on it.

That is where I got into trouble with that. there is a way around it, by changing the fuel curve to "Custom" and entering the Y-values of the throttle curve, as X-values in the fuel curve, but I found even that, highly confusing.
That is why I went with the stick imput on both channels.

Later on, with the press/temp compensation via telemetry, it turned out to be a necessity to do it that way.
Jan 18, 2022, 10:01 AM
Suspended Account
On a side note: Given what has happened WRT Raieighcopters account, the behaviour of Gary and the admins refusing to adress that but punishing people for the results of Gary's behaviour, I am for now not responding to this thread anymore.

Lonnie, Cat, and all those others that are currently working on a conversion, please know that both Dave and me, we will NOT let you hang out to dry, we will continue to help, but not here, not now.
Many of you guys have mine or Dave's e-mail, I have an account on RC universe, there is this f*cebook page where you can reach us, you can reach out even via the YT channels (plenty vids here to find us), please feel free to contact me or Dave in any way you see fit, and help WILL be given. That I can guarantee. We stand behind what we achieved.

Maybe it will all move back here in the future, I honestly do not know.
Jan 18, 2022, 10:15 AM
With that... I unsubscribe

Quick Reply