Dec 06, 2019, 05:40 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

DJI Fly app compatibility

Hi everyone!
I have an "old" Moto G5 Plus, but still a fast smartphone. I bought a DJI Mavic Mini and with great disappointment i can't run the DJI Fly App, because is not compatible with my device.
I don't wanna buy another phone just to run this app!

What can i do?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 15, 2020, 06:11 PM
34 years of flight.
I have no clue but how do you know its not compatible? did you try to download and it say
"not installed"
I came here to post a thread on how the heck do you download DJI Fly cause going to the Play store i dont see it listed..
I went to the DJI download from my phone tried to download a file and install but got the not installed message so does that mean this phone isn't compatible either?
Mar 16, 2020, 10:55 AM
Thread OP
I downloaded the .apk file from the DJI site and tried to install it on my Moto G5 Plus, but i received the error message "the app is not compatible with your device".
Mar 17, 2020, 10:03 AM
34 years of flight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azgana
I downloaded the .apk file from the DJI site and tried to install it on my Moto G5 Plus, but i received the error message "the app is not compatible with your device".
I have a Moto G6 and it just tells me " App not installed"
You must be the guy that was on the DJI forum in the thread i posted about too.. I just don't get how they can make a lesser of a app and it not run on many phoes my DJI 4 go app runs perfect on 2 devices of mine.
Mar 17, 2020, 11:10 AM
Thread OP
I know, it's really a stupid move from DJI.
With much regret, i bought a new smartphone (Xiaomi MI 9 Lite) just to run the app, and now everything is ok.

DJI Fly app is compatible only with 64 bit processors and OS (operative system).

Unfortunately i found out this limits only after buying the Mavic Mini.

Imagine how angry i am...
Mar 22, 2020, 10:30 PM
34 years of flight.
Well I got my new phone its a Samsung A20 with Stright talk ( all my phones are ST) and guess what it uploaded and installed and ran the DJI fly app.. I don't have a drone to try it with but looks like it all works fine with it. So crazy.
Mar 23, 2020, 06:18 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc
Well I got my new phone its a Samsung A20 with Stright talk ( all my phones are ST) and guess what it uploaded and installed and ran the DJI fly app.. I don't have a drone to try it with but looks like it all works fine with it. So crazy.
That's because DJI Fly app is compatible only with 64 bit processors and OS (operative system).

Quick Reply